Bears believe they can replace Forte with this

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you think average is easy to replace at qb, you missed a couple decades worth of Bears games.

More relevantly, you missed teams like the Seahawks, Panthers, Raiders, Redskins, Titans, hell even the fucking Jacksonville Jaguars getting better than the Bears at the position in recent years. Real QB juggernauts over the last couple decades there.

It's not that hard to find a QB who can outperform Cutler.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
That isn't going to be a relevant answer regardless of how often you repeat it.
Replacing cutler's production is not going to be easy no matter how many times you say it. "Piss easy"

Thinking Cutler is as easy to replace as Forte is fucking stupid. Fundamentally you need to get past that comparison.

I am not a Cutler fanboy and wanted to draft a qb this year (Allen) but to think that throwing Cutler in the trash is nearly the same as throwing Forte in the trash is just plain stupid homerism.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

SeriouslyImNotPace

Liked Posts:
More relevantly, you missed teams like the Seahawks, Panthers, Raiders, Redskins, Titans, he'll even the fucking Jacksonville Jaguars getting better than the Bears at the position in recent years. Real QB juggernauts over the last couple decades there.

It's not that hard to find a QB who can outperform Cutler.

And how many have not? Seriously want me to start making off all the scrap heap qb's that have gone through the NFL during that time.

If you think it easy to find even average at qb, well...meth is not nutritious.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So, Cutler thread? How predictable...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And how many have not? Seriously want me to start making off all the scrap heap qb's that have gone through the NFL during that time.

If you think it easy to find even average at qb, well...meth is not nutritious.
Not trying to improve upon mediocre at the most important position in the game because there's a chance you might not, is possibly the single worst strategy to build a championship football team that has ever been made.

SeriouslyImNotPace

Liked Posts:
"In recent years.". Implying, not all in one season. So you name 6 teams of 32 who improved "over several years" and that is your case?

SeriouslyImNotPace

Liked Posts:
Name them. Trade up to one or two?

Take Lynch, graded in 3rd round before qb frenzy, at 11?

Cook? How early?

If taking a later qb, name them and when, who you would have passed on. If a free agent qb, name them. All ears.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Name them. Trade up to one or two?

Take Lynch, graded in 3rd round before qb frenzy, at 11?

Cook? How early?

If taking a later qb, name them and when, who you would have passed on. If a free agent qb, name them. All ears.
If I had answered Russell Wilson, Blake Bortles or Derek Carr in their years, you would have said "Yeah and there's just as much a chance that they could be Christian Ponder ". You never know who is going to pan out.

Again, not trying to improve upon mediocre at the most important position in the game because some teams didn't, is possibly the single worst strategy to build a championship football team that has ever been made.

One guaranteed way of not improving the position is not to bother trying.

SeriouslyImNotPace

Liked Posts:
If I had answered Russell Wilson, Blake Bortles or Derek Carr in their years, you would have said "Yeah and there's just as much a chance that they could be Christian Ponder . You never know who is going to pan out.

Again, not trying to improve upon mediocre at the most important position in the game because some teams didn't, is possibly the single worst strategy to build a championship football team that has ever been made.

No. I would not. Read again on what I have said previously about Cutler.But Pace was not here then. So name who he should have taken or signed. You said it was easy, right?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know, right? It's amazing how every thread you participate in ends up being about the same subject. :thinking:
And if you ever actually contribute to any discussion, ever, as opposed to tediously ankle biting posters, it will be the first time.

SeriouslyImNotPace

Liked Posts:
If it is easy, you should name qb and be able to guarantee they will beat Cutler's production. Easy was your word, not mine.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No. I would not. Read again on what I have said previously about Cutler.But Pace was not here then. So name who he should have taken or signed. You said it was easy, right?
You obviously missed my point in my previous post. Again, you don't know beforehand who is going to pan out. Maybe Lynch will be the next Rothleisberger. Maybe Connor Cook will be Derek Carr or Blake Bortles. We don't know yet.

SeriouslyImNotPace

Liked Posts:
See, I know it I hard to see but not everyone falls into either the "Cutler is great" or "the sky is falling" camps. You assumed and you know what they say about that?

Should have stopped typing long enough to read.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
See, I know it I hard to see but not everyone falls into either the "Cutler is great" or "the sky is falling" camps. You assumed and you know what they say about that?

Should have stopped typing long enough to read.
I never said you were a Cutler fanboy. You're all over the place again.

SeriouslyImNotPace

Liked Posts:
Guess "easy" was pretty poor word choice then, eh?

Already made an ass of yourself assuming I would go to the length of discrediting the choice of someone like Wilson. Going to dig further?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Guess "easy" was pretty poor word choice then, eh?

Already made an ass of yourself assuming I would go to the length of discrediting the choice of someone like Wilson. Going to dig further?

I already named two from this draft alone that could be better than Cutler. There will probably be others. You think the bar is higher than it is.