Bears calling Bengals for #1 pick??????

msadows

Liked Posts:
This rumor has to be bullshit.

You're the Bengals and you need a QB. An elite prospect is right there for you at #1. Yeah sure you've got other problems, but a great QB puts asses in the seats and makes your team more marketable to FAs and coaching candidates. You've also got the guy relatively cheap for 4 or 5 years.

Now your phone rings and its the Chicago Bears.

What do they possibly have to offer that'll make you walk away from that?

You'd need a QB no matter what because Dalton isn't the answer.

Mitch won't do it. Maybe somebody like Eason or Fromm is there in round 2 with one of the 2nd you'd get from the Bears.

If I were the Bengals, I'd want the two 2nds, Mack, and at least a first round pick in a future year. You can't walk away from a potential franchise QB.

And another thing, say you're the Bengals and you make this trade and Burrow is the next Andrew Luck or somebody to that effect. With their defense, the Bears are going 13-3 with a deep playoff run. Those future picks won't be worth shit.

Now, to apply some Game Theory to this, if the Bears did actually call the Bengals to trade for the intent to draft Burrow, then as the Bengals I would question if Burrow was any damn good because Pace can't evaluate QBs for shit. So then I'd either make the trade or more likely than not draft somebody else.
This rumor has to be bullshit.

You're the Bengals and you need a QB. An elite prospect is right there for you at #1. Yeah sure you've got other problems, but a great QB puts asses in the seats and makes your team more marketable to FAs and coaching candidates. You've also got the guy relatively cheap for 4 or 5 years.

Now your phone rings and its the Chicago Bears.

What do they possibly have to offer that'll make you walk away from that?

You'd need a QB no matter what because Dalton isn't the answer.

Mitch won't do it. Maybe somebody like Eason or Fromm is there in round 2 with one of the 2nd you'd get from the Bears.

If I were the Bengals, I'd want the two 2nds, Mack, and at least a first round pick in a future year. You can't walk away from a potential franchise QB.

And another thing, say you're the Bengals and you make this trade and Burrow is the next Andrew Luck or somebody to that effect. With their defense, the Bears are going 13-3 with a deep playoff run. Those future picks won't be worth shit.

Now, to apply some Game Theory to this, if the Bears did actually call the Bengals to trade for the intent to draft Burrow, then as the Bengals I would question if Burrow was any damn good because Pace can't evaluate QBs for shit. So then I'd either make the trade or more likely than not draft somebody else.

With our luck, and our shit fan base, we'd trade mitch and he would end up a pro bowler while Burrow would become the next Ryan Leaf.

Then of course you'd have all the fans living in the moment saying we should have kept trubisky and drafted tua.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Prob a pace smokescreen for a monster $$$ Maserati extension

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reviewing that twitter account, hes full of shit.

That said, I would be ecstatic. Whatever the cost, whatever it takes. Trade away the whole draft,plus 2021, Mack,Fuller. Doesn't matter.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky + both 2nds + Montgomery + Khalil Mack + #1 pick next year

FOR

Bengals #1 to draft Joe Burrow

DO IT!!!!

So lose all of the players that make this team somewhat competitive and give up the draft capital to replace them. Bath salts are a hell of a drug right?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And why would bengals want trubisky? Remember trubs is no normal bust. He is the sam bowie of nfl. He will always be known as the qb taken before watson and mahomes. That doesn't help his trade value.

probably

But Trubs has shown flashes here and there. He could wind up like Cutler where he shows just enough that arrogant coaches think they can do something with him despite the string of previous coaches that failed.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is so false....

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Reports here in Denver has the Broncos talking to the Bengals for the first overall pick. As Trump would say Fake News

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
With our luck, and our shit fan base, we'd trade mitch and he would end up a pro bowler while Burrow would become the next Ryan Leaf.

Then of course you'd have all the fans living in the moment saying we should have kept trubisky and drafted tua.

I can see it now, Pace pulls off a blockbuster trade with the Bengals to move up to the #1 pick and draft Joe Burrow. This forum explodes with excitement, praise, elation, predictions of a 13-3 record and Super Bowl appearance.

2 years later, Joe Burrow is struggling, and Herbert, who was drafted by a competent organization, is on his way to the Pro Bowl. This forum is suddenly filled with threads about Joe "Bust"ow and tears about how Pace should have drafted Herbert, even though no one wanted him before the draft.

I can't wait. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Burrow is a one year wonder. Reminds me of Trubs. He may have started for 2 years but really his first year was meh and of course had one of the greatest QB seasons in college history but only one year.

Do we really want to gamble it all again for a QB without sustained success? Is this season the new normal for him or just an outlier?

Not a fan of one year wonders with limited college starts under their belt.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Burrow is a one year wonder. Reminds me of Trubs. He may have started for 2 years but really his first year was meh and of course had one of the greatest QB seasons in college history but only one year.

Do we really want to gamble it all again for a QB without sustained success? Is this season the new normal for him or just an outlier?

Not a fan of guys with limited college starts under their belt.

Cool story bro.

Joe Montana - 27 college starts
Tom Brady - 23 college starts
Cam Newton - 14 D1 starts
Pat Mahomes - 29 college starts
Joe Burrow - 28 college starts
Troy Aikman - 25 college starts
Joe Theismann- 23 college starts

I dont think the number of starts is an issue. Is it an outlier? Possibly but the number of starts is not. He is not Trubisky. @SilenceS

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cool story bro.

I dont think the number of starts is an issue. Is it an outlier? Possibly but the number of starts is not. He is not Trubisky. @SilenceS

I didn't simply say number of starts. I said he is a 1 year wonder. If those 28 starts were played at same level of this past season then I would be less concerned. But I accept I could have linked the one year wonder point to my point about starts so edited that last sentence.

Also not sure why you including later round picks. The point was taking someone No 1 with just a single great college year. Later rounds I would be more inclined to do so as less risk.

Finally he is not Trubisky in terms of skill set. He is Trubisky in the sense of having only played one great year in college. That is the extent of the comparison I was making. I prefer guys like Watson, Mahomes or Sunshine that have multiple great years under their belt. Just a preference. Not saying he cant be good.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL. Another thread based on one of this guys tweets? I’ll say it again.... this guy got fired once for referring to NFL players as monkeys. He’s not legit and anyone who believes a rumor like this is a fucking moron.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cool story bro.

I dont engage Remy. That simple post shows he did not watch either QB in college. Trubs was inconsistent in college. Burrow just destroyed every team in a pro style offense with elite reading ability and throws. To say he reminds him of Trubs is not only laughable its down right stupid.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can see it now, Pace pulls off a blockbuster trade with the Bengals to move up to the #1 pick and draft Joe Burrow. This forum explodes with excitement, praise, elation, predictions of a 13-3 record and Super Bowl appearance.

2 years later, Joe Burrow is struggling, and Herbert, who was drafted by a competent organization, is on his way to the Pro Bowl. This forum is suddenly filled with threads about Joe "Bust"ow and tears about how Pace should have drafted Herbert, even though no one wanted him before the draft.

I can't wait. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The only way the Bears get Burrow is if you trade your next 2 and a half drafts. Its not happening.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I dont engage Remy. That simple post shows he did not watch either QB in college. Trubs was inconsistent in college. Burrow just destroyed every team in a pro style offense with elite reading ability and throws. To say he reminds him of Trubs, is not only laughable its down right stupid

Again the reminding me of Trubs was strictly in the fact he only had one great year. I said nothing about them having similar skills.