Bears claim Aguayo

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Surprised no one has mentioned this, but his stats from last year

Hit 22 of 31, 71 percent.

By comparison, Connor Barth hit 18 or 23, for 78 percent.

Maybe he can turn it around, but woof.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

If Bears don't play the Panthers he might be alright. He was 4 for 8 against them.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he always showed impressive power for his size in field goal distance accuracy, doing quite well 45-55 yards.

He shows high accuracy control on those kicks, but lets just kick it through the end zone.

He kicks it high and short on purpose

The furthest kick he actually made was 43 yards.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
this reminds me of the time Wanny got rid of Butler and signed Carlos Huerta......it was all downhill after that until Edinger had some consistency at that position.

It is hard to lose a consistently really good kicker. They seem hard to replace for a while.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
this reminds me of the time Wanny got rid of Butler and signed Carlos Huerta......it was all downhill after that until Edinger had some consistency at that position.

It is hard to lose a consistently really good kicker. They seem hard to replace for a while.

Yep and in a place like Soldier Field, a good kicker is even more important because of the wind factor.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Yeah he was absolutely great at FSU and definitely think it's mental and not sure the Chicago weather will help. If he can fix the mental he can be a great kicker.

Right, because kicking in 75 degrees and sunny on a pristine field is so much more mentally challenging than kicking in a 20 degree Chicago snowstorm off our fucked up turf.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Right, because kicking in 75 degrees and sunny on a pristine field is so much more mentally challenging than kicking in a 20 degree Chicago snowstorm off our fucked up turf.

Bro it's mental

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

I linked both their stats. Except I didn't say woof because of a few percent. I said Barth missed close easy kicks, Aguayo was 100% on them but missed further kicks.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I don't understand the logic of signing some other teams garbage castoffs

he sucked for them but he won't suck for us?

I assume Pace knows what he's doing

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The logic of signing one of colleges greatest ever kicking careers 18 months after its over? For cheap?

The logic of replacing Barf? I mean Connor fucking Barf!? The guy whose own team got so desperate they drafted a fucking kicker. Drafted.

Its a compeitition, doing this raises the pressure of kicks for both kickers to even higher than in regular season, its their paycheck. Its good for the Bears, just as fox said.

A rookie kicker had issues...shouldn't surprise anybody. Picking him up is smart just like with a second round pick cut after one year for any other position. You taking a close look, getting your hands on him, seeing if your insights click his game into form. If not...who cares? We can Barf all year.

mrc23

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure the goal here is to just bring him around our coaches for a few weeks and then place him on our practice squad during the season. If somebody picks him up and he doesn't make it on to our practice squad, then we don don't owe him a dime due to offset language. If he does make it on our practice squad, this can easily turn into another Robbie Gould situation. Being on the Patriots practice squad did wonders for him, and we can potentially do the same with Aguayo here. Nice move, imo.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
The logic of signing one of colleges greatest ever kicking careers 18 months after its over? For cheap?

The logic of replacing Barf? I mean Connor fucking Barf!? The guy whose own team got so desperate they drafted a fucking kicker. Drafted.

Its a compeitition, doing this raises the pressure of kicks for both kickers to even higher than in regular season, its their paycheck. Its good for the Bears, just as fox said.

A rookie kicker had issues...shouldn't surprise anybody. Picking him up is smart just like with a second round pick cut after one year for any other position. You taking a close look, getting your hands on him, seeing if your insights click his game into form. If not...who cares? We can Barf all year.

Why'd they cut him if he's that good

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

It was his rookie year right? I wouldn't exactly call a good college performance and a bad rookie year plus a bad preseason game to be a garbage castoff.
I'd look at it as bringing in the guy who beat out Barth to beat out Barth again.

I'm pretty sure the goal here is to just bring him around our coaches for a few weeks and then place him on our practice squad during the season. If somebody picks him up and he doesn't make it on to our practice squad, then we don don't owe him a dime due to offset language. If he does make it on our practice squad, this can easily turn into another Robbie Gould situation. Being on the Patriots practice squad did wonders for him, and we can potentially do the same with Aguayo here. Nice move, imo.

I wouldn't. I don't see enough difference between him and Barth by stats to say keeping Barth over Aguayo is that much of a boost.
I'll take the 100% of more usual close FGs over the rare game winning long FG since neither is going to be your crunch time guy.

Maybe if we had a good kicker like Gould in a slump and possibly at the end of his career that would be a plan. But as it stands we are making a choice between a douche and a turd sandwich. If the douche still sucks next year you may as well look elsewhere instead of still picking between the same douche and turd sandwich.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Apparently he hit 11 straight today

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barth isn't as bad as CCS would like everyone to think. That said an upgrade is always welcome.

On CCS in general, league average = worst player in the league, sucks at football, etc

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barth isn't as bad as CCS would like everyone to think. That said an upgrade is always welcome.

On CCS in general, league average = worst player in the league, sucks at football, etc

Barth was 6th worst percentage FG kicking in the league. The bottom 20% of the league isn't average.