Bears Close to Signing OT Elijah Wilkerson

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
sure, but pace goes even further. at least further than what used to be normal for the bears.

dude rarely goes into the draft totally desperate for a position. that used to be par here.

I mean that's a good thing right?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace is not signing two backup tackles to free agent contracts. What this signing really means is that the Bears have settled on their starters at tackle, it will be Charles Leno Jr. and Germain Ifedi with Elijah Wilkerson as a backup. Bears once again enter the season with arguably the worst pair of starting offensive tackles in the league. Andy Dalton is going to last maybe four weeks.

Way too soon to say that.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would say if there is little to no bonus money in the contract, then it looks like a back up Linemen, as much as I know most hope we draft one at 20, as do I, there are other spots to consider and with that in mind, if any of these needs get filled at 20 with a great player, no one will argue that.

Not just about getting a Tackle at 20, it's about getting a great Tackle.... period. If we draft him in the 3rd round, I'm chill with that too.

The Bears did draft a tackle at 20 before, he sucked.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace is not signing two backup tackles to free agent contracts. What this signing really means is that the Bears have settled on their starters at tackle, it will be Charles Leno Jr. and Germain Ifedi with Elijah Wilkerson as a backup. Bears once again enter the season with arguably the worst pair of starting offensive tackles in the league. Andy Dalton is going to last maybe four weeks.
Pending any draft picks. Not that I would be surprised if Pace neglected the position early in the draft but I don't think he will.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I sure as fuck hope not

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh - backup body. DEN seems more than fine with him leaving.

2021-03-23_15h20_15.png

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Insurance. He's pretty much a bum.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Great point, the draft did end over the weekend.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
if the bears draft Toney, they won't be premier Tackles because one of mooney/kmet/Kadarius Toney/Robinson is gonna be fucking open within 2.5 seconds.

greg23

Liked Posts:
he's a camp body, possible swing guy.

the signing prob says more about pace 7th round/fa selections (hambright, simmons, eiselon) last year that they feel the need to keep signing more backup/depth OL

still hope he gets a starting caliber LEFT TACKLE in round 1/2

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Sounds like the new Germain Ifedi project. I think he's going to be looked at as more of a guard, who can play RT if needed. He may be Coward bad.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is better than a warm body. Maybe a chance to start in a new place will light a fire. Or maybe he is just depth and covers our bases in case the draft shakes out in a way that RT isn't the best choice at the pick. Either way, signing him today means we're better off than we were yesterday.

better off, maybe, but clearly not better

Canth

Liked Posts:
So, it sounds like the guy is better suited to play guard but can kick outside to be a crappy offensive tackle. That is definitely right up Pace's alley when evaluating and obtaining offensive lineman.