Bears coach Matt Nagy must show he’s worth keeping after 2 years of pitiful offense

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Pretty much the issue since he's gotten here. Personnel hasn't been all-world, but the offense should still have fared better than his design has allowed.

For what his expertise is supposed to be based on his hiring (building offenses), he has failed.

But like others have said, I doubt they let him go unless the offense looks like TOTAL garbage. He'll have some built in excuses and this organization is captivated by him selling them on potential rather than results.
his personnel was total garbage, not just “not all world”. i don’t get why Bears fans always try to minimize that when criticizing Nagy, but they always give Pace shit too, as if he has done good during his time as a GM (a lot longer than Nagy has been here)

either way, i expect the offense to be much improved this year.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The criticism of personnel exists simultaneously with Nagy’s stubbornness trying to make his system fit when it clearly wasn’t working.

In reality, the offensive problems were all of the above.

The question that remains is whether Nagy can make his scheme work and keep teams honest with a combination of threat in the run and passing game.

I like our speed on the outside better this year. We have young developing talent showing up, but it’s still going to come down to QB and OL play.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Every action by the team has seemingly shown that neither Pace nor Nagy are anywhere close to on the hot seat. In fact its looking like they have at least two more seasons before being actually at risk of losing their jobs.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
his personnel was total garbage, not just “not all world”. i don’t get why Bears fans always try to minimize that when criticizing Nagy, but they always give Pace shit too, as if he has done good during his time as a GM (a lot longer than Nagy has been here)

either way, i expect the offense to be much improved this year.
..we can agree to disagree on that. Like I said: he still should have been able to design a better offense and call better plays.. create SOME identity and rhythm... and actually use his talent correctly.

I'm not gonna sit here and count the ways at this point. (a) Every roster has NFL talent, (b) even if we WERE severely under- manned in any of the Nagy years (which I don't agree with), its still supposed to be w/in his expertise to at least get us to middle of the pack. That's what he was hired for. That's why he's OC.

If he can't do it then he needs to give up the offense.