Bears Combine Meetings

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@RavensInsider: Danny Shelton says he also has meeting with Bears, Colts, Giants, Saints, several others

@adamjahns: Ole Miss safety Cody Prewitt also has met with the #Bears at the combine.

Bud Dupree as well.

Lincolnhawk

Liked Posts:
@BearReport FSU cornerback P.J. Williams had a formal interview with the #Bears at the combine.

Lincolnhawk

Liked Posts:
@ryanohalloran #FSU DL Mario Edwards met with Dal, Chi, NO, Ten last night, has 12 meetings lined up for tonight.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
What constitutes a meeting? Because it would seem to me that the Bears are trying to meet with nearly every player they can but only 10-percent of those visits are leaked to the media.

strockrocks

Liked Posts:
And what about the top prospects that 25+ teams want to meet with? How do they possibly meet with everybody they want to? Is it like the Bachelor or Bachelorette where you just have to be assertive and grab the guys you want to talk to? Ha ha..

But seriously, how does this all work? How long are these "meetings"? 1 minute? 30 minutes?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Second time they have met with Shelton. Met with him at Senior Bowl. Just saying.

Svic

Liked Posts:
And what about the top prospects that 25+ teams want to meet with? How do they possibly meet with everybody they want to? Is it like the Bachelor or Bachelorette where you just have to be assertive and grab the guys you want to talk to? Ha ha..

But seriously, how does this all work? How long are these "meetings"? 1 minute? 30 minutes?

You schedule a meeting with a guy. Every evening there is meeting time and these prospects get to meet with teams for limited amount of time. Its like speed dating...matt Bowen talked about this on the score a week ago.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Second time they have met with Shelton. Met with him at Senior Bowl. Just saying.

I don't think this necessarily says much. Shelton is a highly rated player at one of our positions of need, and we simply have to talk to all of those guys. But yes, it could mean we have some type of interest in him, and that wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

Also, we've talked to 3-4 DE Mario Edwards from Florida St too.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
"@BearReport: FSU cornerback P.J. Williams had a formal interview with the #Bears at the combine."

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Prewitt an option in the second round.

Derron Smith is still the safety I want. A true ball hawk and center fielder. Can play man coverage too.

TheDane

Liked Posts:

Derron Smith is still the safety I want. A true ball hawk and center fielder. Can play man coverage too.

An option, yes. But I wouldn't use my 2nd rounder on him, as I have him ranked in the 3rd round right now.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

derron smith is probably my favorite safety in this class but that's not saying much. weakest class of safeties i've seen in a long time.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
An option, yes. But I wouldn't use my 2nd rounder on him, as I have him ranked in the 3rd round right now.
I think people forget the Bears are picking 7th. Im a Prewitt fan but I'm not taking him at 39. At 39, there's still a chance to get a guy u have a 1st round grade on.

At 7, take an edge rusher. Then at 39, you look for guys that are falling. Teams that pick late 20s typically do weird things. Especially this year, as the Pats and Seahawks don't have typical draft boards. And u have teams trading back into the 1st for offensive weapons.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm glad the Bears are managing their time more efficiently by combining meetings. Should free up time for more important things, like Cutler trade talks ...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My guess is that the Bears are going

OLB
Big DL

In the first 2 rounds. The safety class does nothing for me and the draft is deep on the lines and with the pass rushers.

Svic

Liked Posts:
Man if Bears do plan on getting rid of Marshall. Kevin White would be a crazy pick up. That frame/size are so impressive especially running a solid 4.35 twice today. He looks like a giant running back playing WR.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
My guess is that the Bears are going

OLB
Big DL

In the first 2 rounds. The safety class does nothing for me and the draft is deep on the lines and with the pass rushers.
My thought as well. Really hope Armstead and/or Carl Davis fall thru the cracks. If not, OL and CB come into play before S. Also if they get rid of Marshall, I'd love Coates or Devin Smith in the 2nd, though Smith might be a reach depending on who else is there.