Not open for further replies.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Another wasted pick :smh:

Can we please get Jerry A the FUCK out of this organization. We cut all of our past picks because they suck.

Have to say I agree at this point. I hope Jerry is out after this season regardless of what we do.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was a wasted pick but he was doomed once Mike Martz was hired. He doesn't have the speed that Martz needs in his offense

Livewire

Liked Posts:
Another wasted pick :smh:

Can we please get Jerry A the FUCK out of this organization. We cut all of our past picks because they suck.

I agree, this was our 2nd pick of the 2009 draft. I said as soon as the pick was made that he reached for a position of need rather than taking the best player available.

If Jarron Gilbert is in fact cut as well that would really piss me off.

Jerry Angelo needs to go now! Don't let him waste another draft class.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
What gets me is Al Afalava, of course, and Freddie Barnes...

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I agree, this was our 2nd pick of the 2009 draft. I said as soon as the pick was made that he reached for a position of need rather than taking the best player available.

If Jarron Gilbert is in fact cut as well that would really piss me off.

Jerry Angelo needs to go now! Don't let him waste another draft class.

You seriously called Igglesias a reach? Based off of what? Media talks had him the 7th WR of the class set to go late 2nd/early 3rd. The majority of other consensus had him a 3rd round talent maybe into 4th. That pick was the 2nd to last of the 3rd contingency round, not even normal round, it was the pick for Berrian's FA loss. That wasn't a reach by any means, he actually fell to them slightly but he was a known project for his first 2 years... He wouldn't of been cut if the presumed bigger project in Knox didn't emerge to looking like the teams top WR right now... that's hardly a failure by the pick itself.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree with what Clyde said, and also if you are going to criticize him for not taking the best player available, you must really love his picks this year. Didn't he do exactly the opposite last summer? Everyone said we needed to draft linemen and he didn't take one until round 7, but he did draft a QB!

I'm all for hating Jerry, but if you are gonna criticize him for 2009, you have to say he did just what you wanted him to do in 2010.

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Afalava sunk this preseason...but Tim Shaw was our leading special teams tackler im a bit surprised that hes gone.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
I agree with what Clyde said, and also if you are going to criticize him for not taking the best player available, you must really love his picks this year. Didn't he do exactly the opposite last summer? Everyone said we needed to draft linemen and he didn't take one until round 7, but he did draft a QB!

I'm all for hating Jerry, but if you are gonna criticize him for 2009, you have to say he did just what you wanted him to do in 2010.

I actually liked the decisions made on all of the picks in this years draft. Jerry did not go reach on offensive lineman or wideouts he (in my opinion took the best players available). Major Wright was a position of need but that pick had a lot of value as well in my opinion. Defensive end was not a huge need but he targeted and took Corey Wootton because he was the best player available. Dan LeFevour was projected to be a possible 2nd-3rd round pick but because his agent told him not to throw at the combine he dropped big time. I had no problem taking a chance on a possible 2nd string QB with good athleticism in the 6th round. Some Draft experts had Dan rated ahead of Colt McCoy as the 3rd best QB in the draft.

Sure we needed offensive linemen in this draft but look what came off the board in the 1st 2 rounds. A lot of team ended up reaching on OLinmen late 1st round and all 2nd round. I would rather Jerry Draft players that can make the team rather than be cut 2 years down the road.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whew! I'm so glad this football thing didn't work out and we can now expect another platinum album in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.