Bears cuts

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Unless his injury has hurt him, I'm not really sure biggs knows what he is talking about.

Bush might start, but gipson had a very solid year for the texans last year and is excellent in covering tight ends from the slot/inline. Most texans fans were not happy he was let go and thought he was a big reason why they lost in the playoffs due to him not playing.

Once again, take what a beat writer says with a grain of salt. Not saying it won't happen, but it's hard enough to make a proper analysis of a player when you're sitting on the field 50 yards away watching plays between tweets....

Biggs has a history of getting roster moves correct. You simply do not.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
They're journalists, not scouts. Not saying everything they say isn't factual and a good insight, just that you only have two eyes and there are like 90 guys on the field....so.

You're absolutely right that they're journalists and not scouts, so what they have to do is build relationships with coaching staff, and get their take from them, not from watching limited plays during practice. If Briggs feels he's likely to be cut, it'll be from doing proper journalism and speaking to contacts, rather than him assessing practice from the bleachers.

I'm sure if he's cut Briggs would love people to think it was his good eye but in all likelihood it will just be a warm contact giving him a bit of inside info.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't Ahmad Wagner the big ass WR (some thought he could play TE) who we got as a UDFA out of i think Kentucky that a lot of people on here had high hopes for?

I'd love for him to land on the PS. Its not unheard of for a PS guy to be in the first wave...you want to be good to the guys you want back, give them a chance to find out they won't be given a roster spot elsewhere, and choose to come back to you. Be honest with them, give them every chance to do better, and build that trust.

I just don't think Nagy and Pace are in sink very often. This guy has zebra stripes and should be a PS target. Fingers crossed.

If I had a Marcus Monk/Aurise Currie training camp hero award it would be Ahmad Wagner this year, but I don't think the numbers and position desperation ever gave him a realistic chance. If you don't develop talent like his on the PS what the fuck are you even doing with the practice squad? Train upside please. this dude is upside.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ehh, I'm talking about the guys who post on here a ton like Windy, remy, etc.

We all have our shitty opinions, we all have stupid thought processes towards football.

The only difference is we don't get paid to write about them. They're journalists, not scouts. Not saying everything they say isn't factual and a good insight, just that you only have two eyes and there are like 90 guys on the field....so.

I'd take Biggs over any of these guys or any other posters on CCS. No offense to the named posters.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd take Biggs over any of these guys or any other posters on CCS. No offense to the named posters.
ok, thats fine, he's just very wrong this time. Its a bad take and sounds of whimsical nonsense. He should do better than this and so your going to have a bad time picking this instance to defend him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're absolutely right that they're journalists and not scouts, so what they have to do is build relationships with coaching staff, and get their take from them, not from watching limited plays during practice. If Briggs feels he's likely to be cut, it'll be from doing proper journalism and speaking to contacts, rather than him assessing practice from the bleachers.

I'm sure if he's cut Briggs would love people to think it was his good eye but in all likelihood it will just be a warm contact giving him a bit of inside info.
Bears 26 clarified the Biggs statement as not making the cut as starter and not a lock on the roster. Never said he expected Gipson to be cut. Just the possibility. He has Gipson making the roster. Who’s in, who’s out? Projecting the Bears’ 53-man roster before Saturday’s deadline.
How about we stay inside the rails.

In other news, he has the other Gipson making it at LB which would be awesome for a 5th round pick. 5 from this years draft.

Last edited:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I dont think Biggs has any better understanding of football than the general fan in and I dont really care for his opinions about the team, but I do think he is clued in on what the staff is thinking.

He has shown to have an inner knowledge in the past and I think he knows more than he is letting on. This is exactly how he would word things that he isnt supposed to know or break...by being the first to say something may happen and then it does.

I know for one l never expected Deon Bush to start over him. So if that much I'd true, it is still surprising insider info. No one has said that.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Brad Biggs is not sure Gipson is making the team at safety
Briggs probably couldn't here over the crunching sound of his mouthful of pork rinds that they were talking about Trevis Gipson likely going to the practice squad..

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I appreciate the beat writers but most of them probably know less than the average CCS user about proper technique on the football field.

Most are journalists, not former athletes or scouts. Usually I believe what I see in camp based on my own eyes, but that's obviously impossible these days...
Are you under some impression that CCS members have a wealth of college and professional experience playing football?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont think Biggs has any better understanding of football than the general fan in and I dont really care for his opinions about the team, but I do think he is clued in on what the staff is thinking.

He has shown to have an inner knowledge in the past and I think he knows more than he is letting on. This is exactly how he would word things that he isnt supposed to know or break...by being the first to say something may happen and then it does.

I know for one l never expected Deon Bush to start over him. So if that much I'd true, it is still surprising insider info. No one has said that.
Jackson has been talking up Bush's play this pre.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL. Your oppinion of the average CCS user is WAAAAYYYY higher than mine.
I will have you know im a football genius
Look at the facts i defended cutty forever ect said Kwitkowski would be better than flloyd.
Idk why nobody listens

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just don't think Nagy and Pace are in sink very often.

giphy.gif

Here's proof:

Nagy and Pace:
Bath_Time_Games_And_Fun-1-1.jpg

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Id like to add another of my football genius moves i created an entire offense that was light years ahead of the curve on ccs called the blumpkin @ruprecht is a witness if i knew how too link a thread id find it

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Id like to add another of my football genius moves i created an entire offense that was light years ahead of the curve on ccs called the blumpkin @ruprecht is a witness if i knew how too link a thread id find it

Confirmed!

greg23

Liked Posts:
we sure Biggs wasnt talking about the cut of meatloaf at the press corp luncheon????

if there was a 5th safety who could start then i could see his rationale.....but mcmanis and hdc are not starting caliber players and seeing as how bush hasnt set the world on fire the past 3 years it's prudent to have someone on the roster who can step in for poor play/injury as i dont have ANY confidence in mcmanis/dhc doing anything but filling in short term in-game snaps

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wasn't there an UDFA LB-er that was being praised on his play? I feel bad for Michael Joseph going on IR, poor kid worked hard to get to the NFL.