Bears defense and their lack of turnovers.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Would love more turnovers.

But the Bears defense right now is not giving up big plays, and that is how you win in the NFL. Splash plays are great, but they are usually to help off set the big plays against you.

The Pernell McPhee field goal block won't count as a turnover, but it was bigger than a pick or fumble because it literally took 3 points off the board.

You make more good points as usual.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree that the defense is much improved thus far. But I don't believe that it will be very good against the good qbs in the NFL. The Bears played against two below average quarterbacks the last couple of games and barely beat both teams. They still lack a good push rush and have questionable corners. Stafford is a good quarterback so this will be more of a test of where they are defensively.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree that the defense is much improved thus far. But I don't believe that it will be very good against the good qbs in the NFL. The Bears played against two below average quarterbacks the last couple of games and barely beat both teams. They still lack a good push rush and have questionable corners. Stafford is a good quarterback so this will be more of a test of where they are defensively.

Of course they will struggle against the good QBs, but how many more of those do they play?

Manning
Rivers
Rodgers

Other than that they play more Carr and Smith types.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Well they almost got a turnover but denied. Detroit tried to hand them a huge one but so far this game, the Bears defense has given Stafford all day to throw the ball & the secondary hasn't come close to sniffing out an INT without the help of a WR coughing it up.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Of course they will struggle against the good QBs, but how many more of those do they play?

Manning
Rivers
Rodgers

Other than that they play more Carr and Smith types.

Thoughts after watching the 2015 Stafford light them up like an XMAS tree and have all day to throw?