Bears drafting position

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Pace always talked about BPA so I expect he'll take a WR and a LB in the 2nd. Two positions the Bears don't really need.
Honestly they can do with a WR. It's not high on the priority list, but a good WR to form a solid group of Robinson/Miller/Draft pick works.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The comp should be a 4th.

But the Howard 5th is likely going to fall to a 6th as he was hurt for a big part of the season.

It was already a 6th with the chance of it going to a 5th with whatever they set as the terms for Howard to meet which i'm sure was game played and that's also why he was held out so long with a stinger in his shoulder while J.Jacobs was starting and getting a good amount of touches with an actual fracture in his shoulder. Philly made sure it wouldn't become a 5th round pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Really cannot count on free agency (we can't throw money at another big name TE in free agency). Agree, need to find a way to add more draft picks but none of this will matter if Trubisky is the starter next season. I don't think he will but if he is, the year will look the same as this season.

You don't think Trubisky will be the starter next year? I think he will just because we're invested in him and are kinda stuck with going with him one more year and hoping something clicks with him and Nagy can do his job of calling plays that work for what your QB's strengths are. I know we all wish we could just cut him and bring in a better QB to take his place but it's much easier to say that's what we should do then actually having to be the GM and do it while staying within the cap and with so many other needs to spend money on fixing and with limited draft picks. Tannehill doing what he did for Tenn this year is gonna be on every GM's mind that is in the same position Pace is in right now.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I'm reading that OT has tremendous depth this draft. So why wouldn't it be possible to draft one in the 2nd who becomes a starter?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'm reading that OT has tremendous depth this draft. So why wouldn't it be possible to draft one in the 2nd who becomes a starter?
Totally possible. It's a very nice year for OT, EDGE, CB. It's a great year for WR. Bad for TE, unfortunately

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Totally possible. It's a very nice year for OT, EDGE, CB. It's a great year for WR. Bad for TE, unfortunately
Yeah everything I'm looking at is indicating that a lot of good OTs will be there in the 2nd, since there are so many of them. Mekhi Bekton is intriguing to me.

A TE that I like is Colby Parkinson, not sure where he's projected to be drafted but he seems very sure handed and can block well.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's funny you should say that. A few times already after Trubisky threw incomplete to him, Trubisky had a look on his face like WTF, which is something I otherwise have never seem him do.

I saw the same thing.......

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Well not yet. He can package the two 2nd rd picks to move up into the 1st rd.

Depending on which draft trade chart you use, the #43 and #50 picks have a combined value of 870.....Which would translate into possibly the twentieth pick overall, currently held by the Jaguars (850), or the 19th pick, which belongs to, ironically, the Raiders (875):

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yeah everything I'm looking at is indicating that a lot of good OTs will be there in the 2nd, since there are so many of them. Mekhi Bekton is intriguing to me.

A TE that I like is Colby Parkinson, not sure where he's projected to be drafted but he seems very sure handed and can block well.

Bekton is awesome, a more athletic Orlando Brown. Unfortunately I think he'll be long gone, second or third OT taken. For me the hope would be that Alex Leatherwood falls to 43, or your choice of a few (Niang, Adams) at 50 or with a small trade down maybe.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depending on which draft trade chart you use, the #43 and #50 picks have a combined value of 870.....Which would translate into possibly the twentieth pick overall, currently held by the Jaguars (850), or the 19th pick, which belongs to, ironically, the Raiders (875):

So the Raiders would just be giving the Bears back their first round pick in exchange for the Raiders and Bears 2nd round pick?

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You can scheme against any single pass rusher, but if we had someone on the other side who could consistently put pressure on the QB with a healthy A.Hicks then we could of worked around teams double and sometimes triple teaming Mack.
Ditto. Floyd is not the answer.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m down with moving on from certain underperforming players

but the entire defense regressed even Mack. Maybe pagano is a shit dc

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears lost their best down lineman and both starting inside linebackers and still wound up top ten in yards given up and top 5 in points given up......

3rd down conversion percentage was within 2% of last year

of all the things to complain about.....

napo55

Liked Posts:
One mock draft has the Bears taking Wisconsin RB Jonathan Taylor at 43. He would be a huge boost to the offense. Sprinter speed, power and elusive. Montgomery is a nice player, but nothing for defenses to worry about.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
One mock draft has the Bears taking Wisconsin RB Jonathan Taylor at 43. He would be a huge boost to the offense. Sprinter speed, power and elusive. Montgomery is a nice player, but nothing for defenses to worry about.

Can you imagine how much shit Pace would take for that pick...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I keep hearing posters say that NO QB can be successful behind this line...like they don't even want the organization to try because they already know.

Again, Chase Daniels contract is up. There's no reason to bring him back. There's a grip of FA QBs with starting experience out there. Not even trying to see if one could run the offense better is a gutless move by the organization.

I agree. Someone needs to be the deciding factor and we should let Nagy pick from the scrap pile.

If there’s nobody out there he thinks can run his system. The problem is his system.