Bears Fan Roll-Call: Introduce Yourself And Start Posting!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bears fan since early 80's
Favorite Bears player now-A.Jefferey,M.Forte
Favorite Bears player all time-G.Fencik,.W.Payton,M.Singletary
I'm excited for the Emery/Trestman era but hope they don't forget that Bear fans love defense and always will.

chicagokid

Liked Posts:
Bears Fan Since: 1978
Favorite Current Bears Player: Forte
Favorite All-Time Bears Player: Butkus, Payton
Favorite Bears Moment: Super Bowl XX

DIESEL0711

Liked Posts:
Bears Fan Since: As long as I can remember
Favorite Current Bears Player: Alshon Jeffery
Favorite All-Time Bears Player: Urlacher
Favorite Bears Moment: Hester's Opening Kickoff Return in Superbowl

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Born and raised in Illinois, but I live in Maryland now.
Served in the Army for 21 years and retired in 2005
I have 7 children ages 24 to 11
I love the Bears, and I support the Ravens as my local team. But head to head it is always my Bears.

ghost_of_halas

Liked Posts:
Grew up in Chicago's south suburbs now i live and work in the city.

4 kids and married.

Bears football is about the only sport outside of MMA i take the time to watch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears Fan Since: 1986 when I started college at Bradley University in Peoria, IL. Grew up in STL, but the Cards/Rams thing means I'm not a big STL fan any more.

Favorite Current Bears Player: Alshon Jeffery. Watched him in college, drafted him in several dynasty leagues, he's a blast to watch. Although I'm a big fan of Forte, too.

Favorite All-Time Bears Player: Brian Urlacher. I think because I watched him play for so long. Didn't get to see Payton play much.

Favorite Bears Moment: Agree on Hester's opening kickoff return in the Superbowl.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Bears-fan since: 2004. I became a fan during the 04-season, where we sucked badly. But something about the Chicago-way/mentality caught my eye in the few Bears-games shown in Denmark, and I've never looked back since!

Favorite current Bears-player: Kyle Long. I think he brought some attitude and nastiness to our O-line, that we have not had in years.

Favorite all-time Bears-player: This is hard for me, as I've only been a fan for about ten years. But from what I've seen and heard, it's impossible not to like Dick Butkus, Mike Ditka, Singletary and so on.

Favorite Bears-moment: Like many others, I agree that Hester's TD-return in the SB was absolutely thrilling.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm retired. Born and raised in Chicago. Played baseball and basketball in high school and baseball in college.

Favorite all time Bear ------ Dick Butkus -- best all around football player I ever saw.

Favorite Current Bear ----- Kyle Long -- trust the gene pool.

Favorite all time Bear play ----- Ditka making 6 separate blocks on Johnny Morris touchdown pass.

Funniest Bear moment ---- Brickhouse describing a fake Bobby Joe Green punt (a Pass) as a lousy punt and Irv Kupcinet in the background telling him..... "uh, Jack, it was a pass:)"

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
the shoopster here (re-)introducing himself to the chi(sh)itysports message board forii . . .

. . . Now, the shoopster says (re-)introduce because the shoopster's been here before. A couple of times actually. Most recently, last off-season. At that time, the chicagobear.com message board forii, to which the shoopster was a daily contributor for over a decade, unceremoniously closed. Suddenly, for the first time since the early-2000s, the shoopster found himself, like so many of you, an internetional free agent. Where, I asked myself, to take the shoopster's nonpareil gameday breakdii (pl: breakdown) that had over the years become required Monday morning reading for Bear fans all over the world (wide web) and the remainder of the shoopster's many cyberspatial contributions?

chi(sh)itysports emerged as an early front-runner. After all, chi(sh)itysports was well-established, had a large fanbase, and a wherewithall within cyberspace sufficient for a man of the shoopster's caliber. So I came here, and figured the shoopster would spend the 2013 season breaking down the Bears with all of you.

Then, a funny thing happened. A start-up board, organized by some of the old ModSquad from the chicagobears.com message board forii, burst upon the cyberspatial scene. It was a modest affair, but had the attraction of some of the most erudite refugees from the defunct official site. While the shoopster continued to post here at chi(sh)itysports, he received overtures from this start-up board, chicagobearboards.com.

Meanwhile, the shoopster's tenure here at chi(sh)itysports hit some rough spots. Most of it had to do with one poster with a little too much - as I've come to call it - shoopster-on-the-brain. This poster would for some reason follow up each and every post the shoopster made with either juvenile clip art of inane video clips; all of it spam. This poster recruited a few other long-standing chi(sh)itysports posters, and corrupted at least one member of the ModSquad, and thus began a systematic campaign to try to run the shoopster out of here. Meanwhile, chicagobearboards.com was presenting educated, erudite discussions day after day and asking the shoopster to come and be the standard bearer for their fledgling board. What could the shoopster do? He went with the highest bidder, and spent 2013 on chicagobearboards.com, and left chi(sh)itysports to the rancid, rude pimply-faced punks who had worked so hard at trying to run him our of here.

I'll never know why they did it, but I have my theories. The most obvious of course is that they're old Soldiers. Now, let the shoopster explain. You see, back in the early 2000s, over within the chicagobears.com message board forii, there was a silly message board "gang" that called themselves The Soldiers. Their mandate was nothing but positive talk about the Chicago Bears within the forii, and they endeavored themselves a "cleaning crew" - their words - to rid the board of posters wishing to discuss items that might not reflect highly on the Bears. Few of which did of course in the early-2000s, considering what shVtty team the Bears were. What these guys would do - beyond a daily bullying of new posters offering dissenting opinions - was take to the less than flattering threads and spam them into oblivion with off-topic nonsense, juvenile clip art, homosexual innuendo - whatever they might think of to drone out the insightful discussion of what was wrong with the Chicago Bears.

They also befriended the ModSquad, several of whom were Soldiers themselves. Thus, they had a pipeline direct to the cyberspatial compadres that would allow them to push the button on posts they wanted deleted from the board. At first, this was a tactic rarely used by The Soldiers. Later, in their desperation to maintain control of the forii, they used every favor they could with their friends in the ModSquad, and suspensions for little more than dissenting opinions ran rampant at chicagobears.com.

It all worked for a while. Posters less advocatively inclined than the shoopster came and went from chicagobears.com - mostly went. But the shoopster knew that the discussion was suffering without the myriad of views. He decided to take The Soldiers on, gentlemanly at first, then mano a mano. The battle waged for months on the board, and the shoopster began to amass a group of encouraged assistants. Gradually, we were able to have our voices heard, to tell it as it was on the Chicago Bears without having The Soldiers drown out the truth. The tide began to turn. The diversity of opinion was inspiring. And the shoopster thought his unpleasant battle with The Soldiers was over. We'd live and let live, he told himself, and the shoopster would be the gracious victor, The Soldiers the gracious defeated.

But The Soldiers couldn't accept that. Despite the shoopster's established presence within the forii, and that of several other free-thinkers, The Soldiers were planning retaliation. Their scheme came to light during a message board contest. For years, The Soldiers had been hosting Poster of the Month and Poster of the Year contests within the forii. And of course, some Soldier was nearly always the victor. But when the shoopster advocated for the average fan in 2003, the tide began to turn. To the horror of The Soldiers, the shoopster won multiple Poster of the Month contests in 2003, and then won the Poster of the Year contest. Then came 2004.

the shoopster's Poster of the Month wins were less numerous in 2004, though still plentiful. That doubtless gave The Soldiers cause for relief as the year-end Poster of the Year contest approached. And things started off just fine for The Soldiers, with no less than the leader of the Soldiers, Soldier #1, a poster aptly named "mouse," leading the voting. the shoopster was actually a distant third. Then, mere days before the end of the contest, something happened. the shoopster began picking up votes at a furious pace. He soon moved into second place and then just as soon thereafter blew by mouse into first place. Doubtless, The Soldiers were aghast. Would the shoopster, an outsider who so clearly put them in their proper place within the chicagobears.com forii, win Poster of the Year - THEIR very own contest - two years in a row?!? It looked like it was going to happen, and thus The Soldiers next, desperate move.

With the voting nearly over, mouse decided to "clarify" the rules. According to mouse, there could be no repeat Poster of the Year. He posted his edict upon the message board forii for all to see. Suddenly, shoopster's votes stopped coming. In fact, some votes changed. Interestingly, nearly all the new votes were for mouse. In the end, mouse overtook the shoopster and declared himself the 2004 Poster of the Year. That, in mouse's mind, and that of The Soldiers, would be that.

Alas, The Soldiers had not thought their plan through. Had they, they would not have positioned mouse as the recipient of all of their votes. You see, as the shoopster pointed out, mouse won Poster of the Year in 2002. Thus his edict that there could be no repeat winners of the award invalidated him from 2004 consideration. When the shoopster noted this within the forii, mouse re-clarified that he meant consecutive wins, not repeat. Thus his 2004 victory, one year removed from his 2002 victory, was valid.

This was too much for the shoopster as well as many others within the forii. the shoopster called mouse on the carpet and in an historic message board question and answer session led by the shoopster mouse's duplicity was exposed. Many of The Soldiers, embarrassed by the actions of their leader, left the group. Systematically, within the period of about a week, The Soldiers, inshame, disbanded completely, most never to be heard from again.

So, you know, when the shoopster thinks about what happened last year when he was a free agent, and how chi(sh)itysports was the front runner for his 2013 services but then blew it shows up to offer the truth on the Chicago Bears as only he can possibly see it, the shoopster can't help thinking about The Soldiers. How there's probably a few of 'em left here. Not that they would want to admit it . . . I mean, would you? Either way, the shoopster digresses. With the off-season upon us, the shoopster is once again a free agent, the locale for his nonpareil breakdii for the 2014 season up in the air. Does he return to chicagobearboards.com, or does he jump to chi(sh)itysports? Like any free agent, he would be foolish not to explore all his options.

That's why I'm here. I have no idea when I'll make my final decision on where to spend 2014 - could be soon, could be not so soon. It all depends on how things go. Right now, the shoopster has nailed it down to chicagobearboards or chi(sh)itysports. The rest is up to you guys . . .

malcore

Sssssssuuuuuupppp ssshhhhoooooooppp!

[video=youtube;A8R1Wyow15w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8R1Wyow15w[/video]

You should take this up with a member here from the cbmb. At an IHOP in Elgin.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sssssssuuuuuupppp ssshhhhoooooooppp!

[video=youtube;A8R1Wyow15w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8R1Wyow15w[/video]

You should take this up with a member here from the cbmb. At an IHOP in Elgin.

Indeed, 'core; as General MacArthur stated in his groundbreaking "Duty, Honor, Country" speech, "the 'core, the 'core, the 'core" . . .

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
somebody has ole on the brain

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
shoopster, point of order: you don't need to respond to dislike reps with private messages. It makes you seem, well, juvenile

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
shoopster, point of order: you don't need to respond to dislike reps with private messages. It makes you seem, well, juvenile

Yer a hoot, ole'. You messaged the shoopster and asked him to, as you put it, "stop referring to me, even indirectly, in your posts."

This after you enter each and every one of the threads in which the shoopster participates and spam them with juvenile clip art in an attempt to get your friends in the ModSquad to freeze threads and force him out of here ...

You messaged the shoopster. That's why he responded. You're embarrassing yourself.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I didn't message you. I dislike repped you. I understand the internet is hard for an old timer like yourself, but dislike repping isn't messaging; you have to type a reason for said dislike rep. Learning curve too steep for you? Maybe you should go back to watching youtube clips of Gallagher, or reliving your message board glory days from 2002 or whenever by reading your printed out archive of your posts, since I'm sure you have one.

If you believe there is a conspiracy against you on this board (even though there isn't), then all the better. I would see that as a reason for you not to post here. You're obviously very upset.

Last edited:

malcore

What do you want here shoop? A guarantee that you won't get unwanted responses to your posts? People to rally around you and stroke your ego? It's a message board. Post all you want, but you can't have guarantees that you will get the responses that you hope for, or guarantees that your threads will not be deemed useless and removed.

A few people seem to like your posts and many seem to find you annoying. Deal with it and stop polling for sympathy on perceived wrongs on a message board years ago.

Also, re-read my prior post. It certainly was not in support of your whinging novella. Your little history was boring, petty, and a bit embarrassing.

If you want to post, post. Deal with the responses as you wish. There is an ignore function on this board. Ole is directing responses at you, not the board in general in the hopes of gathering a posse to run you off, unlike your above novella, which reads like a pathetic plea for understanding. You just aren't as interesting or as important as you think and hope you are.

I think there is one long time poster here from the cbmb who enjoys your posts, but that's mainly because he enjoys feeling like the lone wolf against the rest of the pack rather than actually finding your shtick amusing.

You seem a bit out of touch and to take your persona a bit too seriously.

And message board "awards" are kind of sophomoric and puerile. (No offense to Spartan)

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you want here shoop? A guarantee that you won't get unwanted responses to your posts? People to rally around you and stroke your ego? It's a message board. Post all you want, but you can't have guarantees that you will get the responses that you hope for, or guarantees that your threads will not be deemed useless and removed.

A select few here, 'core, spam the board with off-topic matter and clipart each time the shoopster contributes, which in the past has led to ModSquad intervention and a silencing of often important and interesting topics to be discussed.

Posters who disagree with the shoopster can certainly voice their opinions in accordance with the forii code of conduct as you have eloquently done. It is the bending and breaking of the rules, practiced almost exclusively by three or four of the regulars here yet apparently never regulated by a ModSquad seemingly vigilant toward others, that ends up censoring in this case the shoopster and in general anyone with whom the practitioners disagree.

the shoopster didn't stand idly by when The Soldiers attempted to control the chicagobears.com forii. He can't do so here either. But there's really no big controversy here, long as a very select few enter cyberspatial adulthood with the intent of conversing in a mature manner in accordance with the forii code of conduct.

If we can't bring this kind of change to chi(sh)itysports, 'core, I'm afraid the state of shoopster's free agency might just swing back to chicagobearboards.com. You wouldn't want that, would you? . . .

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you have your rules mixed up. this isn't the cbmb. if someone is a hemorrhaging douchebag, like you, others are free to tell them so on this board.

I think you'll like it back at chicagobearboards.com better. Bearsmod1 is a big rules guy

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't message you. I dislike repped you. I understand the internet is hard for an old timer like yourself, but dislike repping isn't messaging; you have to type a reason for said dislike rep. Learning curve too steep for you? Maybe you should go back to watching youtube clips of Gallagher, or reliving your message board glory days from 2002 or whenever by reading your printed out archive of your posts, since I'm sure you have one.

If you believe there is a conspiracy against you on this board (even though there isn't), then all the better. I would see that as a reason for you not to post here. You're obviously very upset.

Message, rep comment, whatever. Nice way to parse. Either way, the shoopster simply responded to the words you sent him, ole. You - as always - initiated the contact.

You're right, kid, the shoopster's very upset. That's why after his last, boring discussion with you on this subject, that you initiated, in which the shoopster graciously gave you the last word, he went and found your next post on the board and started the very same, boring discussion again.

Wait, the shoopster didn't do that - you did . . .

I guess, ole, you're just going to have to accept that, as an international free agent, the shoopster is simply exploring his forii options for the 2014 season, and chi(sh)itysports happens to be one of them. It sounds as if you may be sorely disappointed if the shoopster deigns chi(sh)itysports worthy of the shoopster's nonpareil breakdii (pl: breakdown) for the upcoming season, but I really can't be concerned with that. I have to do what's best for the shoopster.

As always, carry on, kid . . .

malcore

ffd13a33701927d218aa0caaca9c71bc.jpg

Zv4RsCK.jpg

[video=youtube;iujPW7tJfOs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iujPW7tJfOs[/video]