Bears fans push for Chase Daniel over Mitch Trubisky

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He isn't very talented. He can't play. He can't do basic things like hitting wide open receivers that have nothing to do with inexperience in the system.

Not that Daniel is the answer, but what do you do if you're 8-6 and holding on to the playoff hunt by the fingernails solely because of a dominant defense while the QB play is still terrible? Do you put in an unspectacular but competent backup knowing it gives you a better chance in the postseason, or do you stick with the shit show knowing there's almost zero chance you can beat playoff teams with him?

What's more important, a shot at a Superbowl or the "development" of a QB who can't play football at an NFL level?

there is no shot at a superbowl with Daniels. Our best shot is if Trubisky starts to figure it out. If he doesnt then we need to look at plan B next year.. but Danials is not the answer..

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And he's thrown 1 TD (plus a shovel pass, but we're talking about throws here).

So he's missing 5 out of every 6 throws that should be TDs.

What chance does the team have going forward with that level of bad?

None. That is why he needs to improve.

There are only 2 options here

1. He improves and the Bears compete for the playoffs

2. He doesn't, and a couple of years from now everyone gets fired

#buckleup

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just get to the bye week.

How they come out of the bye week will tell the story of this season in terms of Nagy and Trubisky.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
This is a troll thread probably started by a packer fan.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The WGN postgame has been calling for Daniel to start since the Week 1 game. Hampton said George should've gone down at halftime vs. Cardinals and told Nagy to play Daniel.

Also, that postgame is terrible.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
None. That is why he needs to improve.

There are only 2 options here

1. He improves and the Bears compete for the playoffs

2. He doesn't, and a couple of years from now everyone gets fired

#buckleup

So we waste another Superbowl caliber defense waiting for a garbage QB to get better.

Awesome.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The WGN postgame has been calling for Daniel to start since the Week 1 game. Hampton said George should've gone down at halftime vs. Cardinals and told Nagy to play Daniel.

Also, that postgame is terrible.
I watch the one on NBC Sports Chicago. Much better.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Asking it to do too much and putting too much on its plate is a recipe for disaster. Sprinkle in a few exotic things but be wary you need a well seasoned veteran meat to avoid spoiling the whole thing.

adding too much will over complicate things......a simple plate is less prone to mistakes

Sammich

Liked Posts:
This is a troll thread probably started by a packer fan.

No, not a troll thread at all. I am NOT a Packer fan at all. Hate the Packers. I simply started the thread to show what some fans are saying.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So we waste another Superbowl caliber defense waiting for a garbage QB to get better.

Awesome.

What is so hard to understand? This narrative will not change unless Trubisky improves. Do we really think there are even servicable qb's available on the open market?

I was listening to Denver radio today and Stink was saying that Denver fans needed to give Case Keenum more time to DEVELOP, because the offense is new to everyone on the team. Give a true journeyman qb more time to develop and we can't event give our 2nd overall pick a few games to develop. Shit's getting old quick around here.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Do i want it to happen? Absolutely not. But if we get ro mid season and Trubs hasn't shown significant improvement, AND we are legitimately still in the playoff race because of our defense, i would 100% favor making a switch. Daniel can't be any worse, and is likely to be a lot better.

If being benched crushes Mitch's confidence...then he's not all we thought he was in the first place. Give him the 2nd half of the season and this next offseason to learn and grow, and earn the starting job next year. Maybe even be next years Mahomes. But sticking with him all season with no noticeable growth and risk missing the playoffs, or not be able to do anything if we do make it? No.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will be the first to admit, he hasn't looked good this year, but wasn't there enough positive from last year for Chicago fans to want to see what happens?

I'm sure people can find at least one or two good plays that he has made since being a Bear [video=youtube;ubT_ZdvxxjU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubT_ZdvxxjU[/video]

I think more than anything he needs to find some consistency.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Little surprised? La Canfora is a moron. Didn't he just write an article after the Pack loss stating that Nagy has already lost the team. If people listen to this guy, they are misinformed.

Agreed. At this point the only people wanting Daniels are idiots and I include La Canfora in that group...well, he's just an idiot.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Do i want it to happen? Absolutely not. But if we get ro mid season and Trubs hasn't shown significant improvement, AND we are legitimately still in the playoff race because of our defense, i would 100% favor making a switch. Daniel can't be any worse, and is likely to be a lot better.

If being benched crushes Mitch's confidence...then he's not all we thought he was in the first place. Give him the 2nd half of the season and this next offseason to learn and grow, and earn the starting job next year. Maybe even be next years Mahomes. But sticking with him all season with no noticeable growth and risk missing the playoffs, or not be able to do anything if we do make it? No.

What makes you say that? Is it his 1 touchdown and less than 500 career yards over 10 seasons?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

Awesome.

Depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to build a superbowl caliber team? Or just trying for a wildcad spot and be 1 and done? Daniel could probably get you to a wildcard spot.. but so could Mitch.

The only hope this year is that Mitch can figure it out and start playing well. If he doesn't then you can work on plan B next year. But replacing your starting QB who isnt very good with the backup who isnt very good doesn't seem like the recipe for success.

And besides out D is pretty young so it is not like this is the last year before guys are getting to old..

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What is so hard to understand? This narrative will not change unless Trubisky improves. Do we really think there are even servicable qb's available on the open market?

I was listening to Denver radio today and Stink was saying that Denver fans needed to give Case Keenum more time to DEVELOP, because the offense is new to everyone on the team. Give a true journeyman qb more time to develop and we can't event give our 2nd overall pick a few games to develop. Shit's getting old quick around here.

I see I have to make this point yet again.

Developing is one thing. Learning the system is one thing. Getting used to your new coach and teammates and gaining experience is one thing.

HE. CAN'T. HIT. WIDE. OPEN. RECEIVERS.

He can't play football. This isn't an issue of developing, it's an issue of the kid is bad at the game.

NFL QBs don't need to be fluent in a system to be able to make a basic fade pass in the end zone to a top level 6'3" receiver. Not being experienced in a new system has nothing to do with completely overthrowing your deep balls when the WR has two steps on the DB. Lack of system experience doesn't cause a QB to be completely oblivious to open guys when there's little pressure in the pocket. It doesn't cause 75% of his passes beyond the first down marker to be inaccurate to the point of being uncatchable. It doesn't cause him to miss 5 out of 6 throws that should have been TDs.

These are basic fundamentals of being able to play QB. Any NFL QB could do these things on day 1 before they've even seen the damn playbook. He isn't an NFL QB.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I see I have to make this point yet again.

Developing is one thing. Learning the system is one thing. Getting used to your new coach and teammates and gaining experience is one thing.

HE. CAN'T. HIT. WIDE. OPEN. RECEIVERS.

He can't play football. This isn't an issue of developing, it's an issue of the kid is bad at the game.

NFL QBs don't need to be fluent in a system to be able to make a basic fade pass in the end zone to a top level 6'3" receiver. Not being experienced in a new system has nothing to do with completely overthrowing your deep balls when the WR has two steps on the DB. Lack of system experience doesn't cause a QB to be completely oblivious to open guys when there's little pressure in the pocket. It doesn't cause 75% of his passes beyond the first marker to be inaccurate to the point of being uncatchable. It doesn't cause him to miss 5 out of 6 throws that should have been TDs.

These are basic fundamentals of being able to play QB. Any NFL QB could do these things on day 1 before they've even seen the damn playbook. He isn't an NFL QB.

bearmick officially selling Trubisky stock I see.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Carne Asada is a great backup food

Nonsense, carne asada is clearly a starter with HoF potential. Its versatility is unmatched.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Is he really an introvert? Isn't that considered a terrible quality to have as a QB?