Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Deiter Eiselen is a long term project they have at center mitigating desperation. They probably draft one, or re-consider Daniels there?

You can get good Centers further down the draft than anything except runningback and inside linebacker/strong safety. Fullback almost doesn't count anymore since so few teams even have them. You can find an athlete to put at FB if you want one and develop.

Basically high attrition positions that don't require speed are not worth investment long term as a franchise strategy. I don't really buy limited philosophy, because it sounds good and dumb people buy it and sell it. But the confounding variables with this type of dynamic environment are so many and so great...that you should treat every potential situation/player/contract length/trade as a unique opportunity to acquire roster value...

You should narrow your focus to big general goals....

1. Improve your two deep roster
2. acquire as much long term draft capital into your roster as possible(increase roster value, always parlaying assets running out to long term opportunity)

Basically...watch what Belichek does and try to mimic.
I wanted to see Dieter play but he's more beef block which better fit the old scheme. Doesn't mean he can't fit the new one but he's not considered quick footed. That said. I bet he's got the sort of attitude this staff is trying to groom.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
I think people are assuming the new regime isn't high on Mustipher. Poles has specifically said he likes smaller more mobile interior linemen. Our starting five could be set with the Patrick signing, and all is needed is a swing tackle and depth. Plus we got a futures contract with Williams as center to provide competition for Mustipher.
Mustipher has no business starting another NFL game. 99.6% of the world agrees.

The starting five is not set. No way in hell does Poles go into the 2022 with Borom and Jenkins competing for starting LT and RT jobs against each other. NEITHER of the two showed enough last season to just hand them a starting job.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The starting five is not set. No way in hell does Poles go into the 2022 with Borom and Jenkins competing for starting LT and RT jobs against each other. NEITHER of the two showed enough last season to just hand them a starting job.
I actually liked him at the end of the 20 season. Cant for the life of me figure out what it was about him i liked. Hopefully we get a good C and LT. Draft a bunch of recievers.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
But they need another starter still, at minimum. At this point, Patrick could just be a James Daniels replacement.
Yes they do. The person I was responding to insists that Mustipher is the Bears best option and that's just not true. Patrick is significantly better than Mustipher andcan hold down the job or RG depending how everything shakes out. Meanwhile Mustipher should return to the bench. He sucks.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Yes they do. The person I was responding to insists that Mustipher is the Bears best option and that's just not true. Patrick is significantly better than Mustipher andcan hold down the job or RG depending how everything shakes out. Meanwhile Mustipher should return to the bench. He sucks.
...and make sure there's some weights at the bench so Sam can do something productive while he's there.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

Under normal circumstances, I would agree with you. But these are not normal times. He might not have a choice.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:

That .4% are the experts that matter, lol. Mustipher isn't bad. He got pushed around on some plays and it gets overdramatized on these boards. In a different scheme he gets used better. Both Jenkins and Borom will be starting LT/RT next year, there is no doubt about that. It won't be handed to them, they will bring in players to compete with them, but they will likely be the ones that win out.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They will make more moves. They are getting rid of guys that don't fit the schemes/plans. I full expect them to go OL/WR in the 2nd round. Those players should start.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
They will make more moves. They are getting rid of guys that don't fit the schemes/plans. I full expect them to go OL/WR in the 2nd round. Those players should start.
Before we look at the draft, we have to get through free agency first. I fully expect one or two more veteran offensive linemen to be signed.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Before we look at the draft, we have to get through free agency first. I fully expect one or two more veteran offensive linemen to be signed.
If the rumors of Poles wanting Armstead are true, it's perfectly reasonable to expect that he wants to solidify the line with vets and then presumably surround Fields with a bunch of speed in the draft.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bring back Daniels and Goldman please.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Nichols. Going to a 4-3 we need one more NT and a 3-tech anyway. I'd like to see Nichols at 3-tech

But I'm part of an invest in the trenches every year collective and was calling for another DT to be rostered BEFORE Hicks/Goldman started missing games.

Tonga is a good helper.