Bears Free Agent News/Rumors

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Would hurt if the only talented lineman from last year(Louis), ends up leaving the team. Ouch.
He may not be 100% healthy anyway, so Bears need to draft some guards. Linebacker is a big need too. If they can get solid picks at both positions it'd be awesome.

Bearsfanfillereste

Liked Posts:
LB Nick Roach's visit in Oakland continues today after he had dinner with some of the #Raiders' brass last night. #Bears

Bearsfanfillereste

Liked Posts:
#Bears have made another move. DT Nate Collins says he has re-signed with a 1-year contract.

D.Hester23

Liked Posts:
#Bears have made another move. DT Nate Collins says he has re-signed with a 1-year contract.
Good news. He showed flashes of strong talent at DT. We needed depth on the interior of the DL.

I don't know how Emery's doing it, I'm pressed!

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need to draft OG, LB and CB with our first three draft picks, IMO.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Lance Louis is visiting with the Dolphins.

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LB Nick Roach's visit in Oakland continues today after he had dinner with some of the #Raiders' brass last night. #Bears

We can't afford to lose him and Urlacher. Bringing back both would be real nice, but at least one needs to be here.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
So pumped to see how Cutler does with a much better LT, hopefully a huge upgrade at LG, perhaps Center, Louis at RG and in my opinion... Carimi at RT.

--Carimi is Columbo 2.0. Awful knee injury that took longer than people thought it would to come back to 100% to play high level professional football. Will end up being a real good player, like Marc was for Cowboys.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Up against the cap. Thanks, Jerry Herpes Angelo.

Liked Posts:
If only he could draft worth a damn, we probably would've won a SB by now. I don't thunk anyone can say something that hasn't been already said about him.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I dont get it, Lach has not been signed, that must hold it back. A contract extension/restructuring for Jennings, Tillman, and Melton would save a ton of cap space. I wonder what the hold up is. Perhaps signing their own FA.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sean Jensen ‏@seankjensen
CB Zack Bowman has agreed to terms on a one-year deal with the #Bears, a league source says. http://bit.ly/Ywt3qP

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just noticed Nate Collins will be getting the min $715,000. Nice call by Emery not tendering him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Guys still on my radar

OG

Kevin Boothe
Brandon Moore
Matt Slauson

LB

Brad Jones
Karlos Dansby
Daryl Smith
Kevin Burnett
Justin Durant
Thomas Howard

CB

Captain Munnerlyn
Mike Jenkins
Rashean Mathis

nitelife

Liked Posts:
I dont get it, Lach has not been signed, that must hold it back. A contract extension/restructuring for Jennings, Tillman, and Melton would save a ton of cap space. I wonder what the hold up is. Perhaps signing their own FA.

Can't restructure Melton until he actually signs a contract, he is still under the franchise tag, last I heard. As far as Urlacher, can't he take a hint. Is everyone going to be a Stage 3 clinger ? As far as the Heart & Soul of the defense or face of the Bears, last I heard about him was that he was being courted by Minn. Time to move on !!!

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Can't restructure Melton until he actually signs a contract, he is still under the franchise tag, last I heard. As far as Urlacher, can't he take a hint. Is everyone going to be a Stage 3 clinger ? As far as the Heart & Soul of the defense or face of the Bears, last I heard about him was that he was being courted by Minn. Time to move on !!!

I don't think he'll be back seriously. Angelo should have been planning for this instead of drafting safety's every year. The reality now is the new GM is in a bind because he is doing what Angelo was fired for NOT doing. Emery wants to trade down, if it happens we'll most likely draft 2 linebackers, and 2 guards another tackle and a corner, the raid the UFA cupboard for camp body's.

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Emery sounded like he really wanted to replace Knox as well.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Emery sounded like he really wanted to replace Knox as well.

They played without him last year. Bennett has to step up. Jeffrey should see more throws, and we have a better TE, and Rodriguez may step up too, given the chance.
WR would be a luxury pick at this point, unless they can shore up one the LB spots in FA. But ya know..maybe Emery and the scouting dept. can find a sleeper, as of now IMO, LB and guard are more pressing needs.