Bears Front Office ranked dead last by ESPN

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not really surprising.

- 67% shot at an elite QB and manage to pick the bum

- have to release the only high level player in your secondary because you fucked up the cap so badly

- miss on every first round pick outside of a decent MLB

I mean where did people expect this FO to be ranked?

LOL

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
There are a couple of franchises/front offices way worse/way dumber than Ryan Pace and company. Green Bay at 13 baffles me. Post Aaron Rodgers era likely wont be kind, unless they somehow find another fucking hall of famer.

Also, dead last means "buried at 27th?" and still ahead of the Lions? Fantastic headline, CCS Staff editor.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, dead last means "buried at 27th?" and still ahead of the Lions? Fantastic headline, CCS Staff editor
The biggest thing to note about this ranking is that Ryan Pace was ranked dead last among general managers in the NFL with a score of 59.3, which is just brutal.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Imagine googling Bears articles and that pops up and the article finishes with "Make sure to check out our Chicago Bears forum for the latest on the Monsters of the Midway!"

you click the link and end up in this cesspool.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
In before the @dabears70 melt down
O39V6XV.gif

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I doubt we're last seeing how we don't suck nearly as much as some others and Pace inherited total suckage. That said, he's had more than his share of player and cap mistakes beyond Mitch.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Two playoff berths and 11th in wins the last 3 seasons. Worst GM? ESPN is the worst.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Pace’s teams have 11 fucking wins vs winning teams in 96 games. 4 of those 11 wins against 1 team (Vikings).

That’s just pathetic. You are what your records says.

Last edited:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Not really surprising.

- have to release the only high level player in your secondary because you fucked up the cap so badly

LOL

Uhhhh....better than last. Afterall, this team has finished .500 or better the last 3 years. I get that, that isn't great, but it is certainly better than last.

You're telling me the Lions, Jets, Jags, Bengals, and other perennial losing franchises are better run than the Bears. Give me a break!

The media is just trying to feed hope into loser franchises while hating on the hot seat betting favorites.

Your 3 points are overstated by the media.

Watson should have been the clear pick, but he may never play again, or at least not on the same team that drafted him. Mahomes was a great pick by KC, but no one considered him to be a top #10 pick. Heck, many projected him a 2nd round pick.

I was pissed about losing Fuller, but we saved 14 mil in cap space to do so. He wasn't willing to take a cut either considering how cheap of a deal he took. He was on the trade block as well. Many teams were in the same Boat with the shrinking cap. I think Pace was ready to move off of him anyways after this season.

1/3 on 1st rd picks. One could argue Floyd as being a a good pick considering that draft was terrible amd Floyd was one of the best players on the board. Pace could easily be 2/4 with Fields. It's a small sample size. He hits far more than the average outside the 1st round. Certainly not last place worthy.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace’s teams have 11 fucking wins vs winning teams in 96 games. 4 of those 11 wins game against 1 team (Vikings).

That’s just pathetic. You are what your records says.
I don't think saying "You are what your record says" works when you only look at a subset of opponents. Picking only specific opponents is pretty much the opposite of what is meant by "you are what your record says you are".

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Not really surprising.

LOL
Yes, Pace is all of those (though he as shown that he is improving in the draft with back to back solid to excellent drafts) and he should be ranked poorly.

What I don't understand is why Nagy is ranked higher than Pace (25th to 32nd). To say that Nagy coached the Bears to 3 playoff appearances is the same as saying that Trubisky led the Bears to three playoff appearances. The Bears went to the playoffs in spite of both Nagy and Trubisky.

He is a head coach lacking in so many fundamental skills that a head coach needs to have.

All I ask of him is to coach up the offense to at least be a top 15 offense in the NFL. That should not be too difficult for a supposed offensive genius.