Bears GM Ryan Pace FIRED

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I'm glad Nagy is gone. He screwed up the QB situation bythe numbers in 2021, and in 2020 and 2021, he was unable/unwilling to use the ground game to help his QB.

My worry is that there will be a complete teardown as opposed to trying to fix the O-Line and get a CB2 and SS for the defense. This team has a lot to build on, and maybe one or two
Vrabel never coached under BB.

oh snap, always thought he did.. maybe just because he played there lol

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If the Bears hire Flores I’ll be the most optimistic about this team since Urlacher/Briggs era

In all honesty, this is where I'm at. Flores may have just moved to the top of my list. We don't have a terrible team in terms of talent. We just had such shit coaching.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
In all honesty, this is where I'm at. Flores may have just moved to the top of my list. We don't have a terrible team in terms of talent. We just had such shit coaching.

its almost too good to be true. A guy with experience and success, super young, defensive oriented.

Flores will be our Mike Tomlin, stability for a decade

Nelly

Liked Posts:
its almost too good to be true. A guy with experience and success, super young, defensive oriented.

Young, good defensive coach as our HC for the next decade who also happens to be black? Sounds like our new Lovie Smith.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

TBF you have to define success here. Get the most out of his roster and overachieve? Yes. Make the playoffs? No.

KoaTheBearFan

Liked Posts:
I'm glad this happened but we are gonna go through another rebuilding season next year. Hopefully the new regime will get it right this time.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
This is only good news if they hire someone better. I’m excited by the fresh start but have very little trust in McCaskey, Phillips or Ernie fucking Accorsi to get the right replacements.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Agreed, and I did my mock offseason on that assumption.

Theone change, I'd not go for Kelce at center, and instead maybe look for a SS and/or CB2.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
This is only good news if they hire someone better. I’m excited by the fresh start but have very little trust in McCaskey, Phillips or Ernie fucking Accorsi to get the right replacements.
Of course it’s only good news if you get someone better, but the only way to find that out is by firing the current regime. This is a move that needed to be done whether the next GM is better (hopefully) or worse.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The most bears thing to do would be bringing in the HC first then hiring a GM.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
oh snap, always thought he did.. maybe just because he played there lol

Yeah common misconception. He coached at OSU and with the Texans before the Titans job.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Young, good defensive coach as our HC for the next decade who also happens to be black? Sounds like our new Lovie Smith.
They're gonna rehire lovie smith, don't bother imagining anyone else in 2022.