Bears had a private workout with a college qb

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Most physically gifted? I don't know. He came up shorter than expected at the combine. His hands were smaller than expected. His 40 time was not impressive.
Don't read to much into a stop watch. both He and Kizer and really run on the football field.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol.....jay was UN-coachable and had very mediocre work ethic . Like I said earlier jay, after 8 yrs. still couldn't 1/2 read a "D" or make presnap reads, audibles etc.
Plus he was a weak leader. I don't see all that in Mahomes. Show me 3 Qb's who have leadership and good work ethic
( i.e. film study. lots of practice reps with the "O", coach-ability) who aren't successful in the NFL.

Josh McCown
Brian Hoyer
Brady Quinn

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol.....jay was UN-coachable and had very mediocre work ethic . Like I said earlier jay, after 8 yrs. still couldn't 1/2 read a "D" or make presnap reads, audibles etc.
Plus he was a weak leader. I don't see all that in Mahomes. Show me 3 Qb's who have leadership and good work ethic
( i.e. film study. lots of practice reps with the "O", coach-ability) who aren't successful in the NFL.
You've just described 75% of the QB that don't succeed. Gabbert is all those things and “Let’s talk Colin preparing for games. And you know how they get iPads now. And they regulate, and they can watch how much film you watch. [Blaine] Gabbert, when he was a backup, was watching four to five times as much film as Colin was.”

You love Kaepernick yet he's anything but a leader. Heart's in the right place but clearly not that. http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...ear-clear-harbaugh-exception-to-the-york-era/ I'd take him over Sanchez as a backup but at what price? He'd also not be the best guy to help a rook. He's different than Jay but they are both rather odd birds.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
This is ridiculous. You have no fucking clue what kind of work ethic Cutler had. And I'm sure they're are 1000 qbs that worked their assess off and just never had the talent to make it in the nfl.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I am SO happy Cutler is gone. That makes the offseason for me. All that talent and caused more division in a team than I have ever seen. We may be bad this year, but at least we'll be bad without Jay!!!

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I just don't see why anyone thinks the Bears are capable of developing a mid-round or even 2nd round QB. Particularly one with alot of mechanical issues. At best it'd be a couple years before a guy like this even sees the field. A couple of long Glennon-filled years..

Liked Posts:
I am SO happy Cutler is gone. That makes the offseason for me. All that talent and caused more division in a team than I have ever seen. We may be bad this year, but at least we'll be bad without Jay!!!

Brandon Marshall caused more than Jay ever could.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Josh McCown
Brian Hoyer
Brady Quinn

The 1st 2 are strictly back-ups who've hit their ceilings. Quinn never had the burning desire to be the best....that's why he eventually gave up and went into broadcasting
( NFL game analyst for Fox Sports.).

check this out:
Following the draft, Quinn was criticized by fellow Notre Dame quarterback Joe Theismann in a radio interview, claiming that Quinn looked "unprofessional" when he was on stage following his name being called. Theismann was bothered by the appearance of Quinn's hair and the fact that he was chewing gum.

Quinn responded, saying, "I apologize to anyone, obviously, who is a Notre Dame alum, or for those fans who thought I wasn't being very business like. I was there for awhile, and at that moment in time, when you finally get picked after waiting for 4 1/2 hours, the last thought in my head was spit out your gum, fix your hair or make sure your shirt and everything looked good. I was just trying to get on stage as fast as possible and get that Browns jersey in my hand."

He never mentally got over dropping to 22nd in da 1st round. Look how he responded above. See a leader and a Qb who was committed to being great wouda' fixed himself up and had the attitude " I'll show the f-ckers who didn't draft me higher".

See there as a Qb once who got drafted in the 6th round.....the pundits basically said he wouldn't amount to anything as a NFL Qb. When that Qb came to training camp and ran into the team owner......he told the owner, drafting him would be the BEST decision he ever made. A six round draft pick, but he believed in himself. That Qb went on to win 5 SB's. Ya gotta commit to being great and seize opportunity.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This is ridiculous. You have no fucking clue what kind of work ethic Cutler had. And I'm sure they're are 1000 qbs that worked their assess off and just never had the talent to make it in the nfl.

Mahomes has talent......he just needs that burning desire to be great, work hard and bring a Brady-Wilson-Prescott attitude to the table.

You have no fucking clue what kind of work ethic Cutler had

jay was super UN-coachable ( eight yr. vet.... made the same damn mistakes as a rookie ). Taking coaching is a part of having a good work ethic ( he once walked away from OC Mike Tice,who was trying to cover strategy with him during a game), jay couldn't read "D", couldn't half audible, fell apart in key situations, just didn't have a winning attitude, never worked to IMPROVE AS A QB, nor did he improve as QB and he was NOT A LEADER. That's why he's gone.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Thanks for proving my point. And not sure wtf your yakking about with Brady Quinn...? Dude was inaccurate. Case closed

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Thanks for proving my point. And not sure wtf your yakking about with Brady Quinn...? Dude was inaccurate. Case closed

I KNOW U aren't sure wtf's going on.......
You need to learn how to follow a thread and comprehend whats being said and why.........go back up to post 37 & 42

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The 1st 2 are strictly back-ups who've hit their ceilings. Quinn never had the burning desire to be the best....that's why he eventually gave up and went into broadcasting.
I KNOW U aren't sure wtf's going on.......
You need to learn how to follow a thread and comprehend whats being said and why.........go back up to post 37 & 42
Time to run because you're so full of shit. Making it up as you go along.

"Few first rounders dealt a similar hand would have handled their lack of opportunity with such an uncommon work ethic. Every coach he's had in the NFL has extolled his dedication and desire to succeed. Whether starter, backup or backup hoping for an opportunity, Quinn prepares himself as good as any other player in the league." http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1387084-brady-quinn-deserves-support-of-kansas-city-chief-fans

Da Coach was absolutely correct and you just stepped in your own shit again.

POST BETTER!