Bears have third oldest roster in the NFL

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
So judging Emery in the present can't be a part of the football discussion on this board.

Wrong! You are encouraged to post "Phil never sleeps" and " in Phil we trust", that is all.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quick recap. Emery is terrible for not resigning Urlacher, Hester, and Mannely. But he's also terrible because we don't have a really young roster.

Those are not inconsistent statements.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So judging Emery in the present can't be a part of the football discussion on this board.

How dare you question the man who dismantled the best defense in the league (DVOA) , hireed a a new coach and backslid 2 wins all in one short off-season? Have some damn respect fella. Not everybody walks into a 10 win team and whips it into the shape Phil did.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
How dare you question the man who dismantled the best defense in the league (DVOA) , hireed a a new coach and backslid 2 wins all in one short off-season? Have some damn respect fella. Not everybody walks into a 10 win team and whips it into the shape Phil did.

Yeah and how dare he turn around the offense from one of the worst to one of the best, draft two pro bowl offensive players in his first two drafts, have his last two full draft classes all on the roster including a handful of UDFA's, and fire a coach who missed the playoffs in five outta six years!!!!

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

All 13 of Emery's draft picks from 2014 and 2013 made the 53 man roster for this season. This along with his overhaul of the offensive line last year and the defensive line this year I don't know what more you expect from Emery. The great Ted Thompson had 20 picks over the last 2 drafts and only 13 made this years roster. If you compare what Emery's done the last two year to other GM's he stacks up pretty nicely.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
We need to be thankful Emery made the team young by drafting Shea McClellan and Kaseem Greene. He has even managed to keep he likes of David Fales and the rest of the rookies on the roster this year.

Who cares if he has only drafted three current starters in three years? One starter per draft is GREAT. What more can you ask for?

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need to be thankful Emery made the team young by drafting Shea McClellan and Kaseem Greene. He has even managed to keep he likes of David Fakes and the rest of the rookies on the roster this year.

Who cares if he has only drafted three current starters in three years? One starter per draft is GREAT. What more can you ask for?

You don't live up to your name at all.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
We need to be thankful Emery made the team young by drafting Shea McClellan and Kaseem Greene. He has even managed to keep he likes of David Fales and the rest of the rookies on the roster this year.

Long is a starter, Mills is a starter, Jeffrey is a starter, McC is a starter, O'Donnell is the starter at P, Wilson was set to be the #3 starter before his injury and will be when he comes back so there's five starters. Nevermind the fact that Fuller is going to play 60-70% of the defensive snaps this year, Bostic too (possibly more from him), Ego and Sutton are your backup DT's as 2nd and 3rd round picks.

But by all means, continue to miscount starters (Long, Mills, Jeffery, McC, O'Donnell, and Wilson make 6; or 5 if you don't want to count Wilson because he's hurt) and misrepresent how Emery's drafts have gone.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Look, Emery's first draft was a bad one. I still maintain, though, that he got Lovie what Lovie wanted. I can't prove that and no one can disprove it. It is just my opinion. But, I think, that a GM does more than just draft players, as in free agents and trades made. I say that in the last three years, that Emery has brought in excellent over-all talent. Look at where this team was before he took over and compare it to where it is now. Is it better? IF you answer NO, then I have no idea of what you think talent is.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The oldest roster in the NFL has an average age of 27. Sports can really make a person feel old.
If I was a 27 year old pro athlete I would feel like a different young woman every night.