Bears head coaching job coveted??

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Winston just got his hand picked coach fired 2 years after the Lovie coup.

That seems like a less than ideal QB situation,

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy is my #1 guy.

His play calling over the last 4.5 games has been a marked improvement from Reid.

Also if he brings in Mike Pettine at DC. How can you say no to that?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Yessir. It's juts a story so i don't get why everyone freaks out about it when there's people posting rumors and tweets from all sorts of media people all the time. If you don't believe the story then that's fine cause you don't have to believe it, that's your right.

The great irony is I'd wager many of the Pace-haters and Self-loathing Bears fans would be among the first to quote the site if it confirmed their negativity.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Hey man, me too. I like Nagy and like what he's been doing with the Chiefs. I just don't think potential head coaches who are in the playoffs would be leaking to people which jobs they want and why.

You have to understand how these things work though, even with people who have confirmed sources. It RARELY if ever is a direct source to the person. Rather, Nagy could be telling relatives and people he is close to about this, and word does end up getting around scouts of all people, who end up being some of the biggest media leakers.

So, even the best is somewhat unreliable.

However, if there is truth to this, it also confirms something Greg Gabriel (someone who is/was plugged into scouting departments) had hinted at - that if he were picking a Bears head coach, it would be from the Andy Reid tree.

Sometimes, teams leak things like this, either to try to influence a team (or a candidate) to consider a destination, for leverage, or because they are trying to prepare the fanbase for what is actually going to happen.

Given what Greg said combined with this report, I'd actually say Nagy is looking more and more like the front runner.

Of course, everything can change once the interview process starts - if he bombs the interview, that could change the dynamic, and its been known to happen to candidates.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Didn't read the article. But I think Mitch would be very enticing as being the Greenest... He has the most upside to absorb anything I have to coach into him. He has the least likely chance of already having bad coaching set in stone into him. That raw play dough cliché. I think how much the big bosses interfere & what powers they allow their subordinates would be the biggest factor for a HC. More so for established HCs, less so for new HCs.

People looking at the situation aren't stupid. If they see Mitch performing as he is under this shit coaching staff - they too must be wondering what this kid could do with real coaching.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
You have to understand how these things work though, even with people who have confirmed sources. It RARELY if ever is a direct source to the person. Rather, Nagy could be telling relatives and people he is close to about this, and word does end up getting around scouts of all people, who end up being some of the biggest media leakers.

So, even the best is somewhat unreliable.

However, if there is truth to this, it also confirms something Greg Gabriel (someone who is/was plugged into scouting departments) had hinted at - that if he were picking a Bears head coach, it would be from the Andy Reid tree.

Sometimes, teams leak things like this, either to try to influence a team (or a candidate) to consider a destination, for leverage, or because they are trying to prepare the fanbase for what is actually going to happen.

Given what Greg said combined with this report, I'd actually say Nagy is looking more and more like the front runner.

Of course, everything can change once the interview process starts - if he bombs the interview, that could change the dynamic, and its been known to happen to candidates.

Also, don't forget the agents place in these leaks. It's beneficial for candidates to have their name associated with jobs and to have positive buzz around them.

It's better you get ahead and control the message. Think of the only thing we hear about Pace was the good players he wanted to draft and the good coaches he wanted to hire. That's a well controlled message that is coming from the team or an agent.

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
As of today you think Mitchell Trubisky is even close to the level that Marcus Mariota, Andy Dalton or Jameis Winston are on?

I think he has the potential if we hire the right coaches but Trubisky is a good ways away.

Mariota has not played up to his hype and has better WRs than Bears. Dalton has very good WRs and has proven to be average at best. Winston started off with good rookie year but was supposed to take it to the next level this season and has not. Would take Biscuit over all three.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Mariota has not played up to his hype and has better WRs than Bears. Dalton has very good WRs and has proven to be average at best. Winston started off with good rookie year but was supposed to take it to the next level this season and has not. Would take Biscuit over all three.

I agree with all those assessments, however you would take Trubisky based only on his potential. While you already know how Winston and Mariota have developed, you don’t for Trubisky, which is an unfair assessment imo. What if Trubisky tanks like Winston did? What if he’s worse?

FryCubs22

Liked Posts:
The job will attract big names, but that said, I don't want a "big name" just because they're going to excite fans on the grounds of "Hey! I've heard of him!" I want a guy who's going to be a great fit, and put together an excellent staff around him. I think Dave Toub could do that, and would be thrilled if he was the HC. Given his pick of jobs, I think he'd want the Bears one. That is what it means to me to be coveted: being selected when the candidate has all the leverage.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can I just hold off comment until I actually hear, "John Fox is no longer the Bears head coach".

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Fox analyst Charles David was just on ESPN 1000. He said that he has talked to a lot of the "potential HC" candidates through his interviews as an analyst. He said that when he inquires about their thoughts on getting a HC gig, their first question is always, "WHO'S THE QB?".

He said that every one of these coaches has had high praise for MT10 and that makes the Bears HC gig highly desireable.

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
I agree with all those assessments, however you would take Trubisky based only on his potential. While you already know how Winston and Mariota have developed, you don’t for Trubisky, which is an unfair assessment imo. What if Trubisky tanks like Winston did? What if he’s worse?

Well, pretty sure MT won’t be doing this...

https://youtu.be/MaQvViWmBb0

Better than going with the unknown than with what we know Dalton to be.

I was high on Mariota when he came out and still think he will be good. The more I read of Biscuit the more I like him. Would be a toss up between him and Mariota if both coming out at same time.

If I’m a young up and coming coach looking to make my mark I’m going with Trubisky because he is a very clean slate with a high ceiling.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

I was high on Mariota when he came out and still think he will be good. The more I read of Biscuit the more I like him. Would be a toss up between him and Mariota if both coming out at same time.

If I’m a young up and coming coach looking to make my mark I’m going with Trubisky because he is a very clean slate with a high ceiling.

This is still one of the weirdest, most childish things I've ever seen a quarterback do. I get he was just having fun, and I'm not suggesting he technically did anything "wrong", but that is the type of thing where if I was a coach, I'd think, "Maybe this guy's a little fucked up...Not sure I want any part of that..."

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

I totally agree with that. I’d think long and hard about Mariota vs. Trubisky.

CIN needs to move on from Dalton, and TB needs to be drafting hopeful QBs in place of Winston.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was listening to the am radio channel 670 "the score" this morning on my way into my morning job and they had "Big Cat" Willis on to talk about how much of a perceived to be great new head coaching opportunity would the Bears be as it "stacks up" against all of the many other coaching vacancies expected and the Cat man said that it was literally "middle-of-the-pack" because Mitchell is unproven and raw and literally the "greenest" of the qbs a new head coach would be coaching, that the 7 or so years of dissfunction and disarray is a turnoff, and the question and concerns about confusion of who is actually charge (whether mackaskeys or Phillips is making RYAN PACE a cuck or not) causes much consternation, so I guess I would say that people who think that thisbis a highly coveted "gig" are investing a lot of their opinions about that in beliefs about Mitchell being elite and RYAN PACE actually getting the ability to actually be a real GM instead of what they seem to think is a figurehead who gets told what he's allowed to do, so if those things are actual factual realities then maybe the bears will get a lot of interest from the "talent pool" of head coaching candidates who would be interested in the bears job.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:

HAHAHA Is he on crack?!?
That's some f'ed up stuff. The look on some of them like whaaaa....

\ X / this a double u and imma eat it

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
This is going to be a strange offseason for new coaches. There could be as many as 1/3 of the team’s looking for a new HC. That’s insane. Usually it’s 3-4 teams.

Honestly, I’m very much worried that that completion will prevent CHI from landing their top choice.