Bears Interviewed Marrone Today....

Rise

Liked Posts:
Marrone is a good head coach but it's the getting along with others thing that i'm worried about. I still have my same list of Bowles,Quinn,Fox,Austin but i'm not sure how i'd feel about Marrone but i think him getting interviewed today is something to watch out for cause Marrone and Pace do have a past.

I am trying to keep an open mind with this search but I'll be a sad panda if we hire Marrone. I can deal with anyone else they have interviewed.

Mitchapalooza

I like him because he doesn't try to steer you with his info. Just reports the facts and makes sure it's known when he is stating an opinion.

yep. no agenda, he always reassures it as opinion if it is or if it's something he's heard.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Initially I wouldn't have minded Marrone, but since hearing Pace's press conference, I would be highly dissapointed in the hire. Pace emphasized a desire to have someone that possessed the true qualities of a leader. I don't doubt Marrone's ability to build a winning team, but he would do so in a poutful and demeaning way rather than by being a leader.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Initially I wouldn't have minded Marrone, but since hearing Pace's press conference, I would be highly dissapointed in the hire. Pace emphasized a desire to have someone that possessed the true qualities of a leader. I don't doubt Marrone's ability to build a winning team, but he would do so in a poutful and demeaning way rather than by being a leader.

I feel the same way. Pace also talked about how there were no egos in the Saints organization. Well, Marrone is all ego and I don't see him changing just because he and Pace are familiar with each other.

Marrone needs to be in an environment where he can control everything and that's probably not going to happen at the pro level. He's better suited for running his own college program. As an Illinois fan I'd definitely take a strong look at him if he were interested. No doubt he's a helluva coach.

tarlyn

Liked Posts:
If him and Marrone are good friends as reported I would fully expect him to get an interview. Certainly doesn't mean he gets hired but why wouldn't he get an interview.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Somehow I have been accused of being to positive.

So hopefully this helps.

Hell no to Marrone.

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hell no to Marrone!

Pre-madonnas are the worst madonnas.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
marrone is the only candidate that i'm really against. bailing on his team via a mass text, reports of him not liking the way the media treated him and of him being an absolute ego maniac despite having accomplished very little in the NFL. he would be a tough pill to swallow for me. i would try my best to believe he was a good hire, mind you, but it would be hard to do.

This. Too many reports about him being a screaming egomaniac. Dude got in a screaming fight with the GM on the damn practice field in front of the players and the 2 even had to be separated. Childish bullshit for a guy that is supposed to lead the team.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping this was just a courtesy to someone Pace knows from working together previously.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I'll admit I haven't looked up these Ego chaotic moments of his before now, but I was on the Marrone as my top choice train for awhile. I find it funny he seems to be the most outright not liked candidate by many people even moreso than some of the other unliked candidates. I didn't like the exacts of how he had left Buffalo either but he's really the only coach hire I'd have an positive reaction. Not like I will grind down some stance like others if another candidate gets the job and declare they'll miss the playoffs for 3 years onward.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I dont care for the reports regarding Marrones ego and the fact that people seem to dislike him, theres just too many red flags... but as far as pure coaching ability goes he probably wouldnt be my last choice.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I dont care for the reports regarding Marrones ego and the fact that people seem to dislike him, theres just too many red flags... but as far as pure coaching ability goes he probably wouldnt be my last choice.

I agree with you on the first comment, the word coming out of Buiffalo isn't good. Your last statement is laughable though. You have been ripping Fox based on his record as a coach, which is much more accomplished than Marone's but you think his pure coaching ability is ok? Your logic fails.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Fox had 9 years in Carolina and the got worse the further he went into his run.

Marrone turned both teams around in a couple of years and left them on the upswing. Its not comparable at all. I get it you like Fox, but dont twist shit to paint him in a certain light. Hell, I dont want Marrone either.

And I wasnt only comparing him to Fox. you chose to go there. I was basing it on all the candidates. And Fox wouldnt be my last choice either.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of the most simple definitions of a leader is, will people follow you? People typically won't follow a person they dislike through adversity, even if they are very professional. If he's an ass it would be a bad hire imo. The Bears are going to interview a million candidates out of diligence, like they did last time. Unlike last time I think they will go with a safer choice, not a marginal whiz kid or a controversial personality.