Bears interviewed Mike Singletary for DC

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Isn't it absurd, after the season we just had, that the only thing we're looking for is a new DC? Everyone knows the offense is the weak link of the team. Has been for years.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
ZRij.gif

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Isn't it absurd, after the season we just had, that the only thing we're looking for is a new DC? Everyone knows the offense is the weak link of the team. Has been for years.

Yes it's absurd Pagano was as bad as everyone elsw even with the talent on D

greg23

Liked Posts:
This would be the most typical Bears move ever; I expect it to happen.

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
Ever think Mike Singletary might have primed the 49ers before he got fired because he mooned his team?
He had them playing hard and were starting to gel. Then Jim Harbaugh came in and reaped the benefits of what Singletary built. That helped put Harbaugh on a pedestal and made him a very sought coach. Now look at what Harbaugh's done as Michigan's HC. That being said, almost anyone would be an improvement over Brady Hoke and Rich Rodriquez.

With all the 'blue-chip' athletes that go there, he has never been close to beating Ohio State and usually ends up 3 - 4 in their Big Ten division. They finished 2nd in the division once. I'm surprised they recently gave him an extension.

I would not mind and would welcome to give Singletary a shot at DC but also will wait to see who they hire. Whoever it is, I will give them a fair shake (unless they rehire Mel Tucker).

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ooooh, I see. This is such a great fucking job that we are being picky on who we want. You goofs laugh at Bear management, try taking a look in the mirror. This is a dead end job. Both the GM and the head coach are hanging on by their finger nails. Unless whoever gets this job turns the 21 Bears D into the 85 Bears D, he will go down with the Titantic. Any DC that has even a morsel of NFL respect, should run in the opposite direction.....

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I see some internal promotions coming soon over at Halas Hall. When Pace and Nagy find out no premium candidates will take them seriously. Suddenly we will hear about the great work some intern has been doing in secret and will be elevated to DL coach and some Quality Control coach will be made DC. This next year looks to be quite a funny year in the making. If George McCaskey was smart, he would either volunteer for Hard Knocks or try selling a reality show format to MTV or Netflix! A show where us fans can call in to help them make major decisions.

There is some serious comedy on the way, that is for sure.

Sadly, I would not at all be surprised if George changes his mind right before the draft and fires them all. You know, after it is too late to get anyone else....

meangreek

Liked Posts:
I thought the problem with the Defense was no fire? Besides crappy tacking and a Jay cutler attitude. I would love to have him!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Mike hasn't show much success as a coach or coordinator. He's enthusiastic, but that's about it.
A great player, just not a great coach.

You're kidding...right? Have u seen some of the garbage around the league... thats been hired over the last 2weeks? Singletary would bring a winning culture back here.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd welcome Singletary back here. What some ppl forget is....he built the D that Harbaugh took to the SB.
The problem he had in S.F. was no Qb. I always say......the HC is typically only as good as his Qb.
One of the stupidest thing we did was break ties with all are players from the '85 Bears.

Someone from the '85 Bears should've been kept in some capacity with the Bear org., to remind players what it means to be a winner. Hell we totally accept losing today......and no one bats and eye. I believe Singletary would change that
' loser mentality'. Leslie Frazier is also someone we should seriously look at. Look at the job he's doing with the Bills.

There's no way these former Bears should be coaching other teams. :mad:

Last edited:

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep - something like that. I am more than sure his high school team he was coaching went winless last season, maybe the last two seasons.
Shellshock

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ever think Mike Singletary might have primed the 49ers before he got fired because he mooned his team?
He had them playing hard and were starting to gel. Then Jim Harbaugh came in and reaped the benefits of what Singletary built. That helped put Harbaugh on a pedestal and made him a very sought coach. Now look at what Harbaugh's done as Michigan's HC. That being said, almost anyone would be an improvement over Brady Hoke and Rich Rodriquez.

With all the 'blue-chip' athletes that go there, he has never been close to beating Ohio State and usually ends up 3 - 4 in their Big Ten division. They finished 2nd in the division once. I'm surprised they recently gave him an extension.

I would not mind and would welcome to give Singletary a shot at DC but also will wait to see who they hire. Whoever it is, I will give them a fair shake (unless they rehire Mel Tucker).

Singletary should be brought back

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd welcome Singletary back here. What some ppl forget is....he built the D that Harbaugh took to the SB.
The problem he had in S.F. was no Qb. I always say......the HC is typically only as good as his Qb.
One of the stupidest thing we did was break ties with all are players from the '85 Bears.

Someone from the '85 Bears should've been kept in some capacity with the Bear org., to remind players what it means to be a winner. Hell we totally accept losing today......and no one bats and eye. I believe Singletary would change that
' loser mentality'. Leslie Frazier is also someone we should seriously look at. Look at the job he's doing with the Bills.

There's no way these former Bears should be coaching other teams. :mad:

Was Singletary the GM? I’ll give him some credit for helping develop Patrick Willis, even though Willis was a sure fire draft pick that played at an all-pro Level from the moment he stepped into the NFL. Most of the other players didn’t really fully develop until Vic Fangio took over. The talent was put there by the GM and was developed by Fangio. Singletary was just taking up space in between.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Was Singletary the GM? I’ll give him some credit for helping develop Patrick Willis, even though Willis was a sure fire draft pick that played at an all-pro Level from the moment he stepped into the NFL. Most of the other players didn’t really fully develop until Vic Fangio took over. The talent was put there by the GM and was developed by Fangio. Singletary was just taking up space in between.

Under Singletary the 9'er D went from 381 (23.8/g) 23rd of 32 to 281 (17.6/g) 4th of 32, But just like our offense today, the
9'er offense dragged the D down.
I could pull up old articles where defensive players like Ray Lewis, P. Willis, Justin Smith and many others lauded Singletary as a coach. I'll have to side with their analysis vs yours. The main thing Singletary lacked as a HC was a good Qb. As is the common denominator with most HC's who don't have a Qb. Note I said most not all.

LOL.....but I get it, none this fits your "Singletary was just taking up space in between."......narrative.

Last edited: