Bears jobbed on Cutler's INT

WearShades

Liked Posts:
The NFL is kinda tight with it's videos. I guess we could all look at the file in the donator thread since you people don't want to take thedude33's word for it.

Here's the best I could find.

NFL Videos: Packers vs. Bears highlights

The slow-mo replay of the interception starts at about the 3:10 mark. Make your own judgments. I still didn't see where it touched the ground. It also didn't move until noticeably after it was no longer touching his other hand.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Is that the shot you're talking about dude33? If not, I will upload it from that download in the donator forum.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
No, they showed an angle of the front of Shields after the break. AFter that shot, Pereira said the call should be overturned.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
But don't put yourself out on my account. Fucking Packers are gonna get whooped in the Supa Bo, anyway.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
If you rule it is a catch, it's the right call that he wasn't down by Knox because he bobbled the ball off his hand or arm before having possession.

It may of hit the ground because his hand didn't appear under it but I don't think there was enough clear visual evidence to overturn the call.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8pJlCJjrrU]YouTube - Sam Shields interceptions / picks vs. Bears in the NFC Championship Game[/ame]
at the 51 second mark the side of the ball hits the ground and CLEARLY shifts. There is no way Shields got his hand under the ball. It's not physically possible.

I'm not saying it's the reason we lost the game...I think not having a healthy starting QB for more than 1 quarter played a much bigger factor....but the ball hit the ground.

WearShades

Liked Posts:
YouTube - Sam Shields interceptions / picks vs. Bears in the NFC Championship Game
at the 51 second mark the side of the ball hits the ground and CLEARLY shifts. There is no way Shields got his hand under the ball. It's not physically possible.

I'm not saying it's the reason we lost the game...I think not having a healthy starting QB for more than 1 quarter played a much bigger factor....but the ball hit the ground.

It looks pretty clear that it did hit his left hand and that's what the refs saw. It also didn't start moving right after that impact, so it's hard to say the ground knocked it.

Had this been ruled an incomplete pass it probably doesn't get overturned either, so I can understand why so many people are getting upset about it. But let's not be those fans that can look at tape and see something that isn't there. There are still some amongst us that think the Peppers hit wasn't helmet to helmet.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone who doesn't think that was an incomplete pass needs to stop talking about football.