Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Maybe we can get Jameis in too.. or get Glennon back.. :D

I know I'll catch flack for this but I'd rather take a flyer on Winston over Mariota and Dalton or even Rivers.

Dalton and Rivers simply for $$ reasons (either would be our only play in FA and probably still too steep)

Mariota is so bland and uninspiring, I feel like he would be a clear upgrade over Chase but that's pretty much it.

Jameis would be FUN - not better than anyone else on the list - but just balls-out fun if he had to start a few games or more.

I am not whats-his-avatar. The guy here who thinks Winston is actually good, but I'd actually be INTERESTED in the Bears offense this coming year with Winston

... and that is more than I can say for any rookie in the 2nd round or any other FA QB and that even includes Brady (who I project to struggle even more so outside of NE).

coolio

Liked Posts:
Seriously what's the difference between Mariota and Mitch? They're like the same exact player, same exact problems. The only reason Mariota doesn't get as much hate is because he didn't go before Watson and Mahomes, and he was highly touted prospect at the time.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We should sign Tom Brady to see what is looks like when Nagy calls a designed QB run for him.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Off season upon us and the dumbest of threads being rolled out. Every NFL QB is capable or they wouldn't be in the NFL. How 'bout looking for a really good QB or, dare I say, a great one.
Sounds great, you thinking creigslist?

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
Off season upon us and the dumbest of threads being rolled out. Every NFL QB is capable or they wouldn't be in the NFL. How 'bout looking for a really good QB or, dare I say, a great one.

I am on board with the main #1 goal each year is to find a great QB. I say each year you draft a QB until you find that great one and then you continue to do so. This game is predicated on great QB play to win the SB. I no longer buy into the philosophy of defense, running game and a decent QB. Let's find that great one and build around him.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Even the Trubisky haters must know this is not the year replace him. And none of the options are good. No fa or 2nd rd pick is a upgrade. But hate blinds many. I'm a Bears fan and not a Trubisky lover but he is the best option by far right now. I'll support him until he is gone, if he is gone.

Agreed. I wonder how Trubisky would perform with a capable TE and more than one good receiver--not to mention a decent OL and running game. Provide him with those tools and if he fails, pick a QB in 2021.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Love to have either as the #2 as long as they are cheap or dont cost anything in draft capital.

But to say they are clear upgrades is laughable....they're all basically the same guy with mitch being the least experienced.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Agreed. I wonder how Trubisky would perform with a capable TE and more than one good receiver--not to mention a decent OL and running game. Provide him with those tools and if he fails, pick a QB in 2021.
Mariota is not an upgrade to Trubisky. I'd be ok with Dalton, but might be costly to trade for him and then pay him. There really are no upgrade FA QBs over Trubisky.

The camp that I'm in. No real practical answers in FA at QB.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:

Our QB sucks, but let’s blame everyone else BUT him. This board is full of fuckin idiots and Trubisky Homos. Who the fuck does KC have as a 2nd receiver? The GREAT Sammy Watkins? The guy that’s bounced around the league? Or how about their RB, a guy who couldn’t even stick in Miami.

Wake the fuck up people. A solid QB with a coach that knows how to maximize his potential makes everyone else THAT much better.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Our QB sucks, but let’s blame everyone else BUT him. This board is full of fuckin idiots and Trubisky Homos. Who the fuck does KC have as a 2nd receiver? The GREAT Sammy Watkins? The guy that’s bounced around the league? Or how about their RB, a guy who couldn’t even stick in Miami.

Wake the fuck up people. A solid QB with a coach that knows how to maximize his potential makes everyone else THAT much better.

Hill, Kelce and Watkins... Come on!

This offense pivots off the TE and the Bears were trotting out a stable of bums all year.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Mariota has more mobility than Dalton. Mariota is a better fit for what we do on 'O'. Mariota would provide completion for
Mitch.

Given what happened in Tenn., I think Mariota would come in here with a chip on his shoulder.....ready to prove how wrong Tenn. was for benching him. All this is good 4 us.

Last edited: