Bears like two QB's other than CW in draft.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Please God, no JJ McCarthy! He is more slight than Daniels (for those who name thin stature as a strike against), spent his senior season hardly throwing the ball at all (wasn't allowed to unless necessary), and there was only one clutch throw in the Natty, to the tight end over the middle which, I might add, was misplayed by the Safety. Could have been broken up.

Seriously, what about McCarthy screams franchise QB? His own coach didn't trust him to throw the ball.
More about plays style when I refer to their frames. Jayden's quick to ditch and run if the intended throw isn't there. At the end of the day, these are all projections and difficult for even GMs to collate.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Not saying I'd do this.....but there we're whispers out there that Poles was eyeing JJ a while ago:

Trade down from 1 to 2 then 3 or straight to 3 for the "haul" (at least 1 2025 1st + addtl 2024 + 2025 2nd's)

Take MHJ

Draft JJ at #9

Trade Fields....hopefully for a 2 + future

Sign Kirk Cousins to fully guarantee 2 year deal with large signing bonus to minimize cap hit next 2 years

Gives them a ton on draft capital, a possible generational inexpensive wr, a rookie qb to sit and develop for 1.5-2 years and a vet qb who cand immediately win with a possible 2024 playoff roster

Lots of moving parts but within the realm of doable and fits current budget landscape

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not saying I'd do this.....but there we're whispers out there that Poles was eyeing JJ a while ago:

Trade down from 1 to 2 then 3 or straight to 3 for the "haul" (at least 1 2025 1st + addtl 2024 + 2025 2nd's)

Take MHJ

Draft JJ at #9

Sign Kirk Cousins to fully guarantee 2 year deal with large signing bonus to minimize cap hit next 2 years

Gives them a ton on draft capital, a possible generational inexpensive wr, a rookie qb to sit and develop for 1.5-2 years and a vet qb who cand immediately win with a possible 2024 playoff roster

Lots of moving parts but within the realm of doable and fits current budget landscape
This is the play, albiet I think with someone more like a Ryan Tannehill on a one year deal.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Take MHJ

Draft JJ at #9

Nah

Best QB at 1

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Isn't JJ the one people were freaking out about Harbaugh demanding for us to hire him? :ROFLMAO:

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
4D Chess master Poles is going Maye

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Nah

Best QB at 1
Way too many people who spend too much time playing Madden.

The reality is that you've got 2 elite talents in this draft (Williams and Harrison Jr.) and we've got the 1st overall pick. If you don't come out of this draft with one of those guys then Poles should be immediately fired. You need top-line players to win the NFL, especially this team which has been devoid of them for so long.

greg23

Liked Posts:
This is the play, albiet I think with someone more like a Ryan Tannehill on a one year deal.
He'd be the backup/cheap option buy really doesn't do much for bears chances to win next year and could force mccarthy into action in year 1 and likely year 2