Bears look to replace Matt Forte with Monte Ball

stam

Liked Posts:
If he could get back to what he was expected to be coming out would be a huge pickup

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
if its just for depth, whatever, but Id like to see the start of the langford era.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
if its just for depth, whatever, but Id like to see the start of the langford era.

During the draft he was though to not be pro ready for the NFL and saw him as a good back up. Hope he can prove them wrong.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
who said that? pace absolutely drafted him as Fortes successor.

We recently signed Antone Smith and we are looking at Monte Ball, who's to say they are not the successors?

Who has any idea what the Bears plan on doing? and it was on his draft profile and discussed during the draft. He did play with an injury through most of last season which may have been the reason why some may of though he wasn't pro ready.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
who said that? pace absolutely drafted him as Fortes successor.

Not a physical runner. Broke very few tackles this year and churned out pedestrian yards after contact. Gains extra yards by sliding laterally out of tackles rather than leg churn. Lacks commitment between the tackles. Seems content to absorb hits rather than dish them out. Scouts believe he will be a "bouncer" in pros, looking to take runs outside prematurely. Has burst, but not as much wiggle as anticipated.

SOURCES TELL US "I don't see him as a starter. I think he can be a backup or compete as a third down back, but he doesn't run tough enough to be able to project him as a starter in really any scheme." -- NFC East scout "Didn't like him in his early games but liked him a lot better over the second half of the season. Asked around that program about him and they said he was playing hurt early so you should get the back you saw late in the year. That guy has a shot." -- AFC running back coach

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jeremy-langford?id=2552379

With the Bears looking at Antone Smith and Montee Ball I don't see Langford as a starter anytime soon but he can prove me wrong. Hopefully he doesn't turn into a fumble machine with his lack of psychical playing.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
He looked physical to me lowering his shoulder into contact.

I agree that he doesn't break alot of tackles, but he has only had a few carries.

He did bounce a nice run outside yesterday.

I agree, let's see what he has the rest of year. 2015 is a deep running back class and we should know where we are at.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Langford has only played RB 1-2 years before being drafted I believe so he is still newer to the RB position He seems to run hard something that he was knocked for in college.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Langford did get thrown around like a rag doll on a couple plays. I remember one where the DT basically grabbed him with one arm and body slammed him to the turf. It looked pretty brutal. Still too early to make any conclusions about him, but I'm looking forward to watching him play more.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Langford has only played RB 1-2 years before being drafted I believe so he is still newer to the RB position He seems to run hard something that he was knocked for in college.

I've seen that narrative but it's false. Langford was a high school running back. When he got to MSU they were stacked at the position so they tried him at DB and receiver as a freshman. He moved back to running back his sophomore year and was their lead back as a junior and senior. Just for the record.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
We recently signed Antone Smith and we are looking at Monte Ball, who's to say they are not the successors?

Who has any idea what the Bears plan on doing? and it was on his draft profile and discussed during the draft. He did play with an injury through most of last season which may have been the reason why some may of though he wasn't pro ready.

Who the fuck is Antone Smith? And I'd say the guys that drafted Langford probably see him as a successor.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Langford did get thrown around like a rag doll on a couple plays. I remember one where the DT basically grabbed him with one arm and body slammed him to the turf. It looked pretty brutal. Still too early to make any conclusions about him, but I'm looking forward to watching him play more.

I don't think he'll ever be confused for a power back but he's a tough runner. In don't agree with that scouting report at all. Sure, he's not a guy who's going to carry tacklers or dominate with power but he broke a ton of tackles in college and always ran hard. He's more of a speed guy, but i'm looking forward to seeingnwhat he can do.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
nfl.com's scouting reports are fucking shit. lol

they are usually years old, never updated and inaccurate as fuck to begin with.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not a physical runner. Broke very few tackles this year and churned out pedestrian yards after contact. Gains extra yards by sliding laterally out of tackles rather than leg churn. Lacks commitment between the tackles. Seems content to absorb hits rather than dish them out. Scouts believe he will be a "bouncer" in pros, looking to take runs outside prematurely. Has burst, but not as much wiggle as anticipated.

SOURCES TELL US "I don't see him as a starter. I think he can be a backup or compete as a third down back, but he doesn't run tough enough to be able to project him as a starter in really any scheme." -- NFC East scout "Didn't like him in his early games but liked him a lot better over the second half of the season. Asked around that program about him and they said he was playing hurt early so you should get the back you saw late in the year. That guy has a shot." -- AFC running back coach

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jeremy-langford?id=2552379

With the Bears looking at Antone Smith and Montee Ball I don't see Langford as a starter anytime soon but he can prove me wrong. Hopefully he doesn't turn into a fumble machine with his lack of psychical playing.

That is an evaluation of his college play speculating on how well it will translate to the pros. That's unnecessary now that we have all seen him play on Sundays. Most of that evaluation was wrong anyway.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Teams generally like to carry 3 HBs. Not sure what all the ruckus is.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Don't see what that scouting report says on Langford from watching him with the Bears so far. I think he's run pretty hard.