Bears make offer to buy Arlington Park

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
This is literally the most melancholiest of moments for me because while I literally hate soldier field because my first car ever was vandalized and rims stolen for parking near-by in a bad neighborhood near the stadium and I was hate-crimed more then once for walking thru that neighborhood and love the history there I have way more history historically speaking at Arlington Park with my mom's boyfriends watching the horses racing and sometimes winning big and sometimes loosing really big and Jesper getting into fights over the winnings and the bookies and the organized crimes there but it is all fondness for the horses and the park history for me so if it's no more horses racing then bears I'm okay with it but it is still literally mixing of emotions for me. They better go BIG!!!
If you have any money left after therapy, you can purchase season tickets in Arlington.......

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They'd just get the Indiana version of same. Grass is rarely greener.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I would love to see them relocate permanently to NW Indiana just to piss off the jag politicians.
Indiana already "stole" a Super Bowl, some Final Fours, the NFL Combine, etc., via Indianapolis just having much better accommodating space for such things than Chicago. Hopefully a move to Arlington Heights with a retractable roof will help tip some of that balance back to Chicago being the Midwest sports destination, rather than Indianapolis.

If not, though, yeah, I'm in favor of Indiana just going for broke and stealing it all from Illinois.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Bezos would probably have it dual-use: stadium during the season, Amazon distribution center all other times ?
He would certainly use Soldier Field as an Amazon distribution center.

I am guessing that he would try to find more profitable uses of the stadium during the offseason.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I would turn soldier into lakefront hirise Apts and condos of I were a billionaire developer...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is kind of a no-brainer, just sad to see what is happening to horse racing. Years ago I used to own, with a partner, 10-20 harness horses, and we would occasionally bring a few of the better ones to Hawthorn or Balmoral.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
It is kind of a no-brainer, just sad to see what is happening to horse racing. Years ago I used to own, with a partner, 10-20 harness horses, and we would occasionally bring a few of the better ones to Hawthorn or Balmoral.

I remember when people use to buy nutcrackers and crack their own nuts too. What has happened.....................................

Bust

Liked Posts:
I feel the McCaskeys are selling the team. Buying land for future stadium makes franchise more attractive to buyers.

I wager pocketing 320 million (2023-2033) every year before a single ticket is sold via the new tv rights deal changes their stance.

Bust

Liked Posts:
STILL NO UPDATES?

Google came up with nothing . . .

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wager pocketing 320 million (2023-2033) every year before a single ticket is sold via the new tv rights deal changes their stance.
Maybe, maybe not. The inheritance tax is a nut that a majority of the kids etc may want to burden themselves with. There will be too many fingers in that pie once Virginia is gone.

I thought there was supposed to be some kind of announcement on Arlington weeks ago.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts: