Bears need Texans to hold the line.

Rise

Liked Posts:
The best chance for the Bears to get Watson is if the Texans keep their current stance about not trading him into the summer. They must hold this at least until the draft is over.

What the Bears should do in the draft if this is the case is try to turn the 20th pick into another 1st next year. Then they would have the ability to offer 4 1st round picks if needed during the summer. Texans might also think we are going to be bad so our picks will be better, similar to the Raiders.

If this trade goes down before the draft, and the Jets or Dolphins are willing to go to 3 1st round picks including the 2 or 3 spot, Bears stand no chance. If the Panthers are willing to match our picks they likely win out as well because of current drafting slot.

Bears could probably beat out the 49ers as if you give them Watson any future pick is most likely going to be late 20s or 32.

Thoughts?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The best chance for the Bears to get Watson is if the Texans keep their current stance about not trading him into the summer. They must hold this at least until the draft is over.

What the Bears should do in the draft if this is the case is try to turn the 20th pick into another 1st next year. Then they would have the ability to offer 4 1st round picks if needed during the summer. Texans might also think we are going to be bad so our picks will be better, similar to the Raiders.

If this trade goes down before the draft, and the Jets or Dolphins are willing to go to 3 1st round picks including the 2 or 3 spot, Bears stand no chance. If the Panthers are willing to match our picks they likely win out as well because of current drafting slot.

Bears could probably beat out the 49ers as if you give them Watson any future pick is most likely going to be late 20s or 32.

Thoughts?
the only thing you got right is “we are going to be bad”

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
my guess is Pace is on the hot seat and is not going to wait for watson if the Texans are not looking to trade him now. He will go all in for trying to get Carr or Stafford.

edit just noticed that stafford is going to the rams

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
my guess is Pace is on the hot seat and is not going to wait for watson if the Texans are not looking to trade him now. He will go all in for trying to get Carr or Stafford.

edit just noticed that stafford is going to the rams
Stafford is gone....Carr isn’t the answer unfortunately

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
where’s he going know-it-all?
Mia could offer #3, #18, #36, and #50, not even breaking a sweat in this draft. More than the Bears could offer in the next 2 or maybe 3 years.

Hell they could throw in Tua. Sadly, he alone may be more than the Bears can offer.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Nagy might trade his soul to Caserio for Watson.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Sounds like someone has been learning how football works from wallstreetbets.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Mia could offer #3, #18, #36, and #50, not even breaking a sweat in this draft. More than the Bears could offer in the next 2 or maybe 3 years.

Hell they could throw in Tua. Sadly, he alone may be more than the Bears can offer.

Seriously? This is the whole point of this thread. It would be after this draft so all these picks would be irrelevant.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Sounds like someone has been learning how football works from wallstreetbets.

As long as Reddit doesn’t buy a football team my point stands. The Bears odds of winning a Watson bidding war go up if it’s after the draft.

msadows

Liked Posts:
As long as Reddit doesn’t buy a football team my point stands. The Bears odds of winning a Watson bidding war go up if it’s after the draft.

CCS missed their calling. We could have bought the bears if only we all invested in GME.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
67%, 4100yds, 27td, 9int seems like a pretty good answer to me..
Produced 1 winning season in 7
never been in the playoffs
Was 7-5 and headed to the post season and then lost 3 in a row last season.

I get that he is a good quarterback but to trade away 1st rd draft picks for him.....I’d rather not.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Produced 1 winning season in 7
never been in the playoffs
Was 7-5 and headed to the post season and then lost 3 in a row last season.

I get that he is a good quarterback but to trade away 1st rd draft picks for him.....I’d rather not.

so are you going to apply this line of thinking with Watson as well? How many times had Mitch gone to the playoffs vs Watson?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
so are you going to apply this line of thinking with Watson as well? How many times had Mitch gone to the playoffs vs Watson?
No.
I’m all in for Watson. Watson will make the team better....Carr, I don’t think he can
Mitch who?