Bears need Texans to hold the line.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
so are you going to apply this line of thinking with Watson as well? How many times had Mitch gone to the playoffs vs Watson?
You're better off saving your energy than arguing with this unhinged Trubisexual.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mia could offer #3, #18, #36, and #50, not even breaking a sweat in this draft. More than the Bears could offer in the next 2 or maybe 3 years.

Hell they could throw in Tua. Sadly, he alone may be more than the Bears can offer.
In the other thread it says they want 2 #1s, 2 #2s and a couple D starters.

Basically they'd be trading Watson for Tunsil, Stills a couple starting D players and an extra #2. :rolleyes:
Actually, scratch the 2 d players because Miami got a couple players in the earlier trade.

If Miami went for that, the trade would be Watson for Tunsil, Stills and a #2 over 2 years.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No.
I’m all in for Watson. Watson will make the team better....Carr, I don’t think he can
Mitch who?
I'm all in on Watson as well, although I dont think it will happen but would love it if it did. I'm just pointing out the things you dont like with carr can also be applied to Watson and also Mitch and of the 3, Mitch (a terrible QB) comes out on top.. Which is why using a team stat on just 1 player is dumb.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Mia could offer #3, #18, #36, and #50, not even breaking a sweat in this draft. More than the Bears could offer in the next 2 or maybe 3 years.

Hell they could throw in Tua. Sadly, he alone may be more than the Bears can offer.

Or the Dolphins could sit tight and build around Tua since they literally just selected him in the top 5.

Maybe trade down from 3 with a qb needy team and get future 1. Lots of options.

Obviously, other teams will have more to offer.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm all in on Watson as well, although I dont think it will happen but would love it if it did. I'm just pointing out the things you dont like with carr can also be applied to Watson and also Mitch and of the 3, Mitch (a terrible QB) comes out on top.. Which is why using a team stat on just 1 player is dumb.

Carr is who he is. He isn’t as good as Watson.......I think we can agree.

I think I pointed out that I think Watson could make the Bears better...Carr not so much regardless of their stats

Who is this Mitch keep talking about?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Carr is who he is. He isn’t as good as Watson.......I think we can agree.

I think I pointed out that I think Watson could make the Bears better...Carr not so much regardless of their stats

Who is this Mitch keep talking about?

why would Carr not make the Bears better? All you have done is to point out win record and playoffs which also doesnt make Wastson very attractive either. and again you know who Mitch is and pretending you dont because you realize your point about carr can also be applied to Mitch Trubisky (#10 old Bears QB who wasnt good) and makes a terrible QB look better then Watson shows how that is a terrible argument.

If there is a legitimate argument about Carr I would love to hear it, if your argument makes Trubisky a better option then Watson then that arguments is useless

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
why would Carr not make the Bears better? All you have done is to point out win record and playoffs which also doesnt make Wastson very attractive either. and again you know who Mitch is and pretending you dont because you realize your point about carr can also be applied to Mitch Trubisky (#10 old Bears QB who wasnt good) and makes a terrible QB look better then Watson shows how that is a terrible argument.

If there is a legitimate argument about Carr I would love to hear it, if your argument makes Trubisky a better option then Watson then that arguments is useless
I can’t see Carr making this team better from what I have seen so far from him. I could see this team being 8-9 or 9-8 with Carr be use he doesn’t have the intangibles to make the players around him better. Carr seems like he is a mediocre quarterback that needs perfection around him.
Watson I could see taking the team to the playoffs next year if they don’t over pay for him. Watson seems like on this Bears team could help take the next step.
I don’t think the whole Teaxans team was happy with Bill O’Brien and the team chemistry went to shit. They were a better team than they showed. The Raiders were who we thought they were.

of course I could be wrong as I am only giving an opinion.

there is no Mitch Trubisky in the Bears organization....move on

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I can’t see Carr making this team better from what I have seen so far from him. I could see this team being 8-9 or 9-8 with Carr be use he doesn’t have the intangibles to make the players around him better. Carr seems like he is a mediocre quarterback that needs perfection around him.
Watson I could see taking the team to the playoffs next year if they don’t over pay for him. Watson seems like on this Bears team could help take the next step.
I don’t think the whole Teaxans team was happy with Bill O’Brien and the team chemistry went to shit. They were a better team than they showed. The Raiders were who we thought they were.

of course I could be wrong as I am only giving an opinion.

there is no Mitch Trubisky in the Bears organization....move on

A Carr run offence last year averaged over 27ppg.. that would of gotten the Bears to 13-3 last year..
You want to make the argument that Watson is a better QB then Carr? Sure I agree with that. But to say that Carr will not make the Bears better is saying that Carr is the same as Mitch.. which is way off base

And I'm not advocating bringing Mitch back, I'm glad he is gone. I'm just glad that Pace is not using your QB evaluation method otherwise he would be forced to bring him back.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
In the other thread it says they want 2 #1s, 2 #2s and a couple D starters.

Basically they'd be trading Watson for Tunsil, Stills a couple starting D players and an extra #2. :rolleyes:
Actually, scratch the 2 d players because Miami got a couple players in the earlier trade.

If Miami went for that, the trade would be Watson for Tunsil, Stills and a #2 over 2 years.
It only means that in hindsight. No way they would have given up the #3 for Tunsil. HOU was banking on a playoff run and it amounting to a 24-32 pick for Tunsil. Mia hit the lottery getting the 2020 #25, then a no one saw it coming #3and #35. So essentially 3 1st round picks for Tunsil.

They very easily could send the equivalent of those 3 1sts and a little juice back for Watson.

Edit:Just read the thread you were referring to. So yeah, basically Bob screwed Houston harder than a anyone could have ever imagined.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
It only means that in hindsight. No way they would have given up the #3 for Tunsil. HOU was banking on a playoff run and it amounting to a 24-32 pick for Tunsil. Mia hit the lottery getting the 2020 #25, then a no one saw it coming #3and #35. So essentially 3 1st round picks for Tunsil.

They very easily could send the equivalent of those 3 1sts and a little juice back for Watson.

The thing is, Watson has a No Trade Clause.

So, unless he wants to go to miami, he is not going to miami. So their offer is pointless.

It will come down to where watson wants to go, and how much he's willing to risk to go there. If he is willing to sit out like james harden he is def. going to get traded to his destination of choice eventually.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Or the Dolphins could sit tight and build around Tua since they literally just selected him in the top 5.

Maybe trade down from 3 with a qb needy team and get future 1. Lots of options.

Obviously, other teams will have more to offer.
Does anyone think Tua is even close to Watson? If you can get Watson and basically maintain what would be a normal amount of draft picks, you do that in a heartbeat. Miami was gifted this position by an incredibly stupid Houston HC/GM. Hoarding picks to build on a wish versus adding a true franchise QB while not mortgaging the future is a non argument.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The thing is, Watson has a No Trade Clause.

So, unless he wants to go to miami, he is not going to miami. So their offer is pointless.

It will come down to where watson wants to go, and how much he's willing to risk to go there. If he is willing to sit out like james harden he is def. going to get traded to his destination of choice eventually.
Well that's fucking true of any destination, so all offers are pointless. What a stupid argument.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Does anyone think Tua is even close to Watson? If you can get Watson and basically maintain what would be a normal amount of draft picks, you do that in a heartbeat. Miami was gifted this position by an incredibly stupid Houston HC/GM. Hoarding picks to build on a wish versus adding a true franchise QB while not mortgaging the future is a non argument.

The argument for the Dolphins is not Tua vs Watson. It’s Tua and all the draft capital they’ve spent years acquiring during the rebuild vs Watson.

I’d be more worried about the Niners as a trade partner.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The argument for the Dolphins is not Tua vs Watson. It’s Tua and all the draft capital they’ve spent years acquiring during the rebuild vs Watson.

I’d be more worried about the Niners as a trade partner.
So your argument is that the Bears should send the next 2-3 years of high draft capital for Watson kneecapping the team for 3-5 yrs, but the Dolphins should not send extra draft capital they have acquired to improve their team by adding the most important piece in all of sports, a young franchise QB, because of rookie QB that ranked 26th in passer rating, 6 spots below Mitch Trubisky.

Sounds legit.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So your argument is that the Bears should send the next 2-3 years of high draft capital for Watson kneecapping the team for 3-5 yrs, but the Dolphins should not send extra draft capital they have acquired to improve their team by adding the most important piece in all of sports, a young franchise QB, because of rookie QB that ranked 26th in passer rating, 6 spots below Mitch Trubisky.

Sounds legit.

Again, no. I just don’t think it’s as big of a no brainer as it would be for the Bears. The Dolphins could use the #3 pick on Wilson or Fields, trade Tua and keep all their picks. They are in a good spot with endless options is my point.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
The best chance the bears had to get Watson was to draft him. The bears do not have the depth or draft picks to make this trade.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
How do we know that Miami wants him or wants to give up that much?

I’m not saying they don’t, but it’s presumptuous to just assume.
I don't, every post on at this point is presumptuous and based on the posters opinion of what they would do in the situation. That's why I said the "could" give up those picks. No one really knows what is truth and what is fake leaks at this point.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don't, every post on at this point is presumptuous and based on the posters opinion of what they would do in the situation. That's why I said the "could" give up those picks. No one really knows what is truth and what is fake leaks at this point.

Sorry, thought you were the guy who said he’s definitely not coming to Chicago and were using Miami’s offerings as proof. Disregard.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
A Carr run offence last year averaged over 27ppg.. that would of gotten the Bears to 13-3 last year..
You want to make the argument that Watson is a better QB then Carr? Sure I agree with that. But to say that Carr will not make the Bears better is saying that Carr is the same as Mitch.. which is way off base

And I'm not advocating bringing Mitch back, I'm glad he is gone. I'm just glad that Pace is not using your QB evaluation method otherwise he would be forced to bring him back.
Raiders have a seriously strong Oline. Remember what they did to us last year. From the raider games I watched they are built around the line and running game. Carr is good but he doesn't seem to have the tangibles to be a big difference maker. I don't see him as a big upgrade to tribusky.