Bears Oline ranked #5 (PFF) - Have not given up a sack

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What constitutes a “hit”, because Trubisky has taken a few...

loqKGF.gif

I suspect it is a question of whether the throw was rushed as a result of the hit. Here it looks like Trubs threw on time and was not rusher or hurried.

Although I would probably count this as a hit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lol, just lol

Not sure what is so funny. QB and/or C calls protection. If they didn't identify the LB as blitzing then he wouldn't be accounted for in protection.

Of course entirely possibly Long was suppose to pick him up but we don't know.

However the DE crashes inside which forces Long to pick him up and the LB comes behind him. They also blitz on the outside so the simple fact is it is an overload blitz.

The C and the left side has one person to block between 3 people. If Long picks up the LB then the DE crashing inside is free as 65 is looking to his left and would not be able to pick up the DE. That DE is basically trying to force Long and the C to engage him to free up the LB.

Massie has 2 guys blitzing him to the point the 2nd guy just stops and jumps. So you literally have 4 guys on the right side and only Long and Massie as Cohem releases. Impossible for Long to have picked up both the DE and LB.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not sure what is so funny. QB and/or C calls protection. If they didn't identify the LB as blitzing then he wouldn't be accounted for in protection.

Of course entirely possibly Long was suppose to pick him up but we don't know.

That's why I say lol. LOL

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's why I say lol. LOL

See my update. It is an overload blitz with 4 D players against 2 OL but only 1 D play against 3 OL on the left side.

So Long and Massie are dead in the water without help. If Long picks up the LB then crashing DE is free as 65 has no clue.

So we don't know the exact assignments but we do know Long has to let either the DE or LB free.

65 should have either blocked to his right not left or Cohen should have been forced to stay in to pick up LB.

More for Mongo blaming Long as Long is in Catch 22.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-after-week-2

This was interesting to note, but I was mostly curious about the line regarding no sacks or hits allowed so far. I'm not completely familiar with all of PFF's methods over there, but would it be correct to assume that what they mean is our six sacks given up have all come from somewhere other than our Offensive Line? TE's, RB's, Blitzes, Scrambles out of the pocket, etc? Can anyone confirm that? Have none of our six sacks really been because of our OLine?

Incidentally, the Cardinals are #32 on the list. I like that.

It's because PFF is flawed. Mitch has been hit and sacked. Tuck from pressure and getting tackled behind the line is a sack. That said, while some say he ditches too soon, he hasn't. He hasn't always done the best thing once having to leave but he has had to leave and is making the OL stats look better. He's getting a lot of grief for not playing badly and some things that are simply due to this O being new.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you ever even THINK, even for a SECOND, that PFF is good site full of useful stuff, just go ahead and never respond to my posts because you're a moron.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Topgaggledog getting feisty

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
No they don't. PFF recorded 0 sacks in week 2 for anyone.

So they are claiming that was a failure in scheme as they did not attribute that sack to anyone.

The 4 sacks from the Pack game they attributed to Trubs.

LOFL "scheme failure"???

How you can defend PFF is hilarious.

Three Olinemen picked up the LDE: Long, Whitehair and Kush. No one picks up the LB. You think that is "Scheme" flaw? The inability for people to understand basic zone blocking is laughable.

Long had zone accountability for the B/C rusher. Soon as the DT moved to the A+ gap, Long should have disengaged.and picked up the LB.

I'm sorry, if this is a scheme issue, then it is a scheme issue because Long fucked up the scheme.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
See my update. It is an overload blitz with 4 D players against 2 OL but only 1 D play against 3 OL on the left side.

So Long and Massie are dead in the water without help. If Long picks up the LB then crashing DE is free as 65 has no clue.

So we don't know the exact assignments but we do know Long has to let either the DE or LB free.

65 should have either blocked to his right not left or Cohen should have been forced to stay in to pick up LB.

More for Mongo blaming Long as Long is in Catch 22.

Your football knowledge is on par with a gradeschoolers.. Keep trying.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If you ever even THINK, even for a SECOND, that PFF is good site full of useful stuff, just go ahead and never respond to my posts because you're a moron.

Foot Locker is pissed about this.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOFL "scheme failure"???

How you can defend PFF is hilarious.

Three Olinemen picked up the LDE: Long, Whitehair and Kush. No one picks up the LB. You think that is "Scheme" flaw? The inability for people to understand basic zone blocking is laughable.

Long had zone accountability for the B/C rusher. Soon as the DT moved to the A+ gap, Long should have disengaged.and picked up the LB.

I'm sorry, if this is a scheme issue, then it is a scheme issue because Long fucked up the scheme.

You can't be this dumb. Long picked up the LDE. At the snap the Center looks left and had no intent to pick up the LDE. He only ends up blocking the LDE because Long pushes the LDE that way. If Long picks up the LB instead then the LDE shoots the gap between Long and Whitehair as again Whitehair is looking left not right.

Again there are 4 guys on 2 OL on the right side. Cohen needed to stay in and pick up the LB and even then there are 2 defenders rushing Massie. They just end up running into each other.

This is not defending PFF. It is defending Long. It is an overload blitz and it is clear the protection called was deficient. No way Cohen should release given the overload.

It is also stupid that the whole line except Massie moves left at the snap when the overload is on the right. That is what creates the huge hole. Massie slides right. Long, Whitehair slide left so Whitehaiir is in no position to stop the LDE. Long could not possibly stop both as the space is too wide given he and Massie slide in different directions.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
You can't be this dumb. Long picked up the LDE. At the snap the Center looks left and had no intent to pick up the LDE. He only ends up blocking the LDE because Long pushes the LDE that way. If Long picks up the LB instead then the LDE shoots the gap between Long and Whitehair as again Whitehair is looking left not right.

Again there are 4 guys on 2 OL on the right side. Cohen needed to stay in and pick up the LB and even then there are 2 defenders rushing Massie. They just end up running into each other.

This is not defending PFF. It is defending Long. It is an overload blitz and it is clear the protection called was deficient. No way Cohen should release given the overload.

It is also stupid that the whole line except Massie moves left at the snap when the overload is on the right. That is what creates the huge hole. Massie slides right. Long, Whitehair slide left so Whitehaiir is in no position to stop the LDE. Long could not possibly stop both as the space is too wide given he and Massie slide in different directions.

You ARE this dumb. Clearly.

When the LDE crossed, Long had responsibility to the zone. He should have released. HE didn't. If your stance is that when an OL engages a DL, they have to stay engaged, then you need to brush up on basics.

I suppose it's not surprising that you don't understand the difference between zone blocking and Man.

And while you're claiming you are defending Long, truth is we know that's Bullshit. You've defended PFF with a vigor that is only on par with your defense of Watson.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Long released Whitehair was in no position to pick him up and given Massie slid right the LB still has enough space to get past Long.

Long had two guys in his zone one on top of the other. He can't block both simultaneously given he and Massie moved in opposite directions to start and Whitehair slide left away from LDE.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
If Long released Whitehair was in no position to pick him up and given Massie slid right the LB still has enough space to get past Long.

OK everyone, Remy has discovered a defensive blitz that can NEVER EVER be stopped by the OL. Shit, makes me wonder why they didn't just do this on every passing down.

Long had two guys in his zone one on top of the other. He can't block both simultaneously given he and Massie moved in opposite directions to start and Whitehair slide left away from LDE.

Since, Long is not to blame for NOT playing a zone blocking assignment in a zone blocking scheme, it's clear that this is the PERFECT defensive play call.

You understand, I would hope, that Long can hit ad then disengage? No?

Or maybe you should show me where I said he had to block 2 guys at once.

I'm guessing they don't play too much American football on your island.

Do you work for PFF, it would not surprise me based on how you and them both get football stats wrong so often.