Bears open as 3.5 favorites over the Lions

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
Detroit just won against Carolina, though...WTF is Ron Rivera doing?

For starters, he should stop going for 2 point conversions to avoid OT against bad teams. If you've got the better team, you take your chances in OT.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
This is going to be a tough test. Last night was a very physical, draining game. If they can some how come out with a win that will be a great win and really put the Bears in a great place a7 8-3 with 10 days to heal up and game plan for the Giants. The Giants are tailor made for this team to put an ass whooping on. Eli is like a statue back there. Huge huge game Thursday! BEAR DOWN! Also, Minnesota has Green Bay and New England coming up the next two weeks, so a Bears win Thursday puts tremendous pressure on them to win both games. Things are setting up nicely.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
People expecting another blowout by the Bears haven’t been paying attention to just how hard it is to win in the NFL, on the road, especially on a short week. Then factor in that this is a rematch and that they have recent tape to fix issues.

I expect a tough game that the Bears may have to score on the last drive to win.

3.5 seems like the right line.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
The Bears don't typically play well at Detroit, but we're lucky that the Lions are just completely depleted on offense. If the Bears show up and play like they can, they'll win. This has the potential for a letdown game after an emotional Sunday night win.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I see three factors really

1. The extra 7+ hours are not a huge deal, but we are talking about a much later night. By the time those guys got back to the locker room, finished with all the interviews and actually got into "recovery mode", I can imagine it was more than just the 7 hours later that they played a game.
2. On the road, nothing more to really say about that.
3. Possible trap/let down game. The win against the Lions made the game last night even more important, so we have this emotional high that everyone is coming off, they might just crash.

My hope is that Nagy and the staff has a plan in place that lets them have a "little" more time to rest, but gets them ready to kick it back into gear on Thursday morning.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Detroit just won against Carolina, though...WTF is Ron Rivera doing?

team is not as good as advertised....I'd say they aren't consistently playing up to their high mark...