Bears OTAs and other news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Poor article, but at least it is about the Bears, unlike most everything else around here the past couple days.

Tolliver plays outside. Shelley was drafted to play inside at Nickel (we assume). The most likely snaps they may be competing against each other for are on STs...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Poor article, but at least it is about the Bears, unlike most everything else around here the past couple days.

Tolliver plays outside. Shelley was drafted to play inside at Nickel (we assume). The most likely snaps they may be competing against each other for are on STs...

I was saying the exact same thing to myself while reading it but like you said, at least it's Bears related and something new. Tolliver is to backup Prince and Fuller at CB while D.Shelley to backup Skrine at NB.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I always thought Floyd would be a liability against the run but he has been exceptionally well. It’s like the complete opposite valuation of the guy cause he leaves much to be desired as a pass rusher and I thought he would excel as one lol. One way or the other he did end up being a one dimensional talent. I hope we can lock him up at a desirable rate

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tolliver on the outside, Shelly in the slot, groundbreaking stuff.

Captain20Obvious20HotelsCom1.jpg

The Bears need Tolliver to compete to replace Prince when he is released in 2020.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I always thought Floyd would be a liability against the run but he has been exceptionally well. It’s like the complete opposite valuation of the guy cause he leaves much to be desired as a pass rusher and I thought he would excel as one lol. One way or the other he did end up being a one dimensional talent. I hope we can lock him up at a desirable rate

Not too sure how you can call a guy that plays the run well, is decent dropping back in coverage (he had similar coverage numbers to the Bears' ILBs last season), and can generate some pass-rush, "one dimensional."

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not too sure how you can call a guy that plays the run well, is decent dropping back in coverage (he had similar coverage numbers to the Bears' ILBs last season), and can generate some pass-rush, "one dimensional."

He is not an elite pass rusher. That is all you can say about him. He does everything else you want at a high level.

He is a better version of whatever you think Anthony Barr is. He rushes better, plays the run better, and is way better in coverage than Barr.

That is why they need to try and extend him early and use that as leverage to get a number they like.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He is not a bad pass rusher at all, he had many hurries and hits on the QB. It's not always about sacks

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He is not an elite pass rusher. That is all you can say about him. He does everything else you want at a high level.

He is a better version of whatever you think Anthony Barr is. He rushes better, plays the run better, and is way better in coverage than Barr.

That is why they need to try and extend him early and use that as leverage to get a number they like.

He's also never really had a legit pass rusher rushing from the other side like many of the great ones do until last year with Mack and once he got that cast off his arm he played well and not just one dimensional well, he gets plenty of QB pressures with some sacks and can play the run well and cover well. Lets hope both Floyd and Mack stay healthy and see what they can do playing together for a full season. Fangio had him backing up in coverage quite a bit last year especially the first half of the season so you gotta take that into account as well.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Floyd reminds me a bit of Julian Peterson, LB for the 49ers. If Pagano can mix up his rushes better than Fangio did, he will make some noise. I doubt he'll ever be a 10+ sack guy, but he can produce better than he did last year... He was covering slot WR's in the 4th qtr in several close games for Fox sake.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

... And if they don't ... maybe we can get a 3rd round COMP pic for him

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Floyd will get about 6-8 sacks this season if he’s healthy. With Mack getting at least 10+ I’m okay with that.

Icemanx

Liked Posts:
You have to know that doesn't work tho.

The effect you are trying to convey might work in your head when you read it back to yourself, but nobody else is reading with the inflection you intend. At least not the random capitalization. You can invent a new syntax but other people are not going to interpret that the same way.

To everyone else, it just makes the for a choppy, confused statement and makes the author appear unhinged or old and confused by keyboards. If you want emphasis, maybe try italics.
I would beg to differ. I completely understood what he was doing. I think his method was effective enough for those of us with a functioning brain. He never said it was the most effective way to do it, he said it was the way that he personally does it. I do not understand why you are so hurt by the way he uses his keyboard, it shows you to be the weaker person that you were so offended that you resort to petty name calling antics. You used the word "appear" before your attack nice touch here. That is your way of calling this poster unhinged or old etc. etc. I came here for Bears news, not to read people attack other people on the way the type out their personal posts. Are most of us here to read about our favorite team the Chicago Bears?? Or are we here to attack people on the way they type their posts out?? Guess we know why you are here.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would beg to differ. I completely understood what he was doing. I think his method was effective enough for those of us with a functioning brain. He never said it was the most effective way to do it, he said it was the way that he personally does it. I do not understand why you are so hurt by the way he uses his keyboard, it shows you to be the weaker person that you were so offended that you resort to petty name calling antics. You used the word "appear" before your attack nice touch here. That is your way of calling this poster unhinged or old etc. etc. I came here for Bears news, not to read people attack other people on the way the type out their personal posts. Are most of us here to read about our favorite team the Chicago Bears?? Or are we here to attack people on the way they type their posts out?? Guess we know why you are here.

Great. Somebody Doesn't mind the way I POST. This is a Good Thing

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Last year I thought NardFlo was going to absolutely explode after I thought I looked like a dominant player until Fuller torpedo'd his knee.

I was really unimpressed with him though. Sure he did many things 'well' and sure he had a club on for some time.... but there is no excuse for him to not be a dominant player. Mack is getting the chips and double teams consistently every single week. Hicks and Goldman are absolute monsters. There is no excuse for NardFlo at all this year. He needs to make use of his opportunity on this talented defense to become a dominant player. He needs to take advantage of this opportunity or Pace should make it a high priority to replace him next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.