Bears Part Ways with Sitton

msadows

Liked Posts:
You mean like Grasu in the 3rd? Who is the FA center we should sign to be our starter?

I don't understand this move at all. The team is loaded with cash and I seriously doubt Long is ready for the beginning of the season. Add yet another hole to fill.

Just because one draft pick doesnt work out doesnt mean that it isn't viable to find a replacement in the draft or FA. Center is usually drafted a lot lower and we can find an option with one of our 4th rounders.

Whitehair was drafted to play LG before sitton was even on the team. I assume they are going to put him at LG to start off training camp and bring someone in to replace him at center. And we have no idea where kyle long is as far as his injuries go. Its all just speculation.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm going through the 7 stages of grief. Currently at the bargaining phase.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't worry theyll draft Nelson for you to calm your grief.

Axmme4r.gif

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think that even Pace could manhandle Pencil Neck Grasu.

Now, I'm really hoping for Nelson.

Im hoping that they toss sittons cash at norwell.

Then taking an edge rusher like davenport in the first.

Either way I expect us to sign a starting caliber guard/center in FA because one thing we know is pace doesn't leave the draft to chance.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Im hoping that they toss sittons cash at norwell.

Then taking an edge rusher like davenport in the first.

Either way I expect us to sign a starting caliber guard/center in FA because one thing we know is pace doesn't leave the draft to chance.

I would be OK with that too.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
I don't think they liked Whitehair at C long term because of snap issues seen between him and Trubs, he's probably better suited for LG position.
So, they'll probably go after a center in FA/Draft (with Kush and Grasu being fallback options).

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Chiefs drafted tackles in the past and converted them to guard so that's a possibility.

gmoney1994

Liked Posts:
What's going on with Jordan Morgan? Maybe he is ready to take over for Sitton. Last year when he was drafted he was raw but now he has a year under his belt. Has there been an update on his progression?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I would be OK with that too.

doubt the bears get norwell, he's got a lot of ties to the giants and rumor has it they are planning a big run at norwell. pugh would likely be a free agent and he would likely be the next best option at guard.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
What's going on with Jordan Morgan? Maybe he is ready to take over for Sitton. Last year when he was drafted he was raw but now he has a year under his belt. Has there been an update on his progression?

Well he may have gotten some mental progression but since IR'd players can't practice and we're still a ways out from mini camps i'd say the answer to that is to be determined.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Now who was debating with me about replacing a “Top 5” Sitton vs drafting Nelson at #8...? As I said then Sitton is getting old, expensive, and only had a year left so might as well find his replacement in a loaded draft.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Now who was debating with me about replacing a “Top 5” Sitton vs drafting Nelson at #8...? As I said then Sitton is getting old, expensive, and only had a year left so might as well find his replacement in a loaded draft.

Yeah nothing like going into the draft having to count on drafting players who might not be there when you draft.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Whitehair is his replacement. He was drafted to play LG before sitton was even on the bears radar.

Im pretty certain we will go into next year with whitehair as our starting guard.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Yeah nothing like going into the draft having to count on drafting players who might not be there when you draft.

The Bears aren’t forced to draft an OG however. As we all know and others have pointed out, Whitehair can play LG easily and more naturally than C. Plus no one knows what Morgan can do yet.

At the end of the day why pay premium money to a guy that isnt in the teams long term plans???

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Whitehair is his replacement. He was drafted to play LG before sitton was even on the bears radar.

Im pretty certain we will go into next year with whitehair as our starting guard.

Whitehair may be a good OG but can be n elite C, if he can smooth out his qb-center exchange he will be ideal at that position.

He’s a bit undersized and underpowered to be a top flight OG in my opinion and the team would be better served looking for a monster at that position, rather than leaving him there.