Bears place Cohen on PUP list

Liked Posts:
if he gets back to his level of athleticism and speed, pre injury, then he is a piece. an explosive home run threat who defenses have to account for. he draws attention from the defense underneath, the eagles were able to focus on him in the playoffs since burton was out. bears dont have any big play threats outside of mooney on offense.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another Ryan Pace disaster. Cohen's extension was a desperate overpay by Pace. A change of pace back being the 12 highest paid RB after a huge drop off year,please.
Pace was desperate to sign any offensive skill player to a second contract for which he signed as a FA or drafted. Besides Cohen of the players eligible for one, he is 0 for 16 on offensive skill players getting a second contract.

Careful now, posts like this will get you in trouble with DaBears 70

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why is everyone acting like PUP means he's out for the season? Williams was the #2 anywau
I have not seen one response that someone is acting like he's out for the season.

Last edited:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I thought this was expected, but with the apparent depth and potential we have at RB, no need to rush him back.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I thought it was a savvy deal actually. Paying anyone is fraught with risk though.
He paid a guy that ranked 101st in All purpose yards, 94th in receiving yards and 77th in rushing yards like a top 10 back. His career year he ranked 30th in all purpose yards. The NFL is littered wit RB that can do what he does. Because he is a 5'6" likable jitterbug he is easy to root for. A GM shouldn't pay a player passed on likability.

It's like the people that pay big money for Jeep Wranglers.

Salesman: I have one of the most unreliable vehicles manufactured, doesn't have real doors, a real roof, no trunk, shitty interior, and is super noisy.

Ryan Pace: I'll take it. Can you take a selfie of me in it? Hold on let me park it by that tree, take the doors off, grab my siberian husky, and put on a bandana. This is going to be epic!

Saleman: You do know we are in Alsip, right?

Last edited:

bionicbelly

Liked Posts:
Hope he gets well, and has a full recovery on the personal front. Football wise, not even mad about this. He could be a solid gadget player and all that, but I get so tired of watching Montgomery start getting on a roll, and then have Nagy put in Cohen for short yardage plays. Nothing against Cohen, it is just how Nagy uses him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He paid a guy that ranked 101st in All purpose yards, 94th in receiving yards and 77th in rushing yards like a top 10 back. His career year he ranked 30th in all purpose yards. The NFL is littered wit RB that can do what he does. Because he is a 5'6" likable jitterbug he is easy to root for. A GM shouldn't pay a player passed on likability.

Yeah it was an uncessary deal back then and looks even dumber as time passes.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Another Ryan Pace disaster. Cohen's extension was a desperate overpay by Pace. A change of pace back being the 12 highest paid RB after a huge drop off year,please.
Pace was desperate to sign any offensive skill player to a second contract for which he signed as a FA or drafted. Besides Cohen of the players eligible for one, he is 0 for 16 on offensive skill players getting a second contract.

Yes--correct. Paying Cohen that much was a mistake.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's like the people that pay big money for Jeep Wranglers.

Salesman: I have one of the most unreliable vehicles manufactured, doesn't have real doors, a real roof, no trunk, shitty interior, and is super noisy.

Ryan Pace: I'll take it. Can you take a selfie of me in it? Hold on let me park it by that tree, take the doors off, grab my siberian husky, and put on a bandana. This is going to be epic!

Saleman: You do know we are in Alsip, right?

Hey hey hey!!! Leave us Jeeper's out of this! lol

One doesn't purchase a wrangler for on-road use. It's just convenient that you can use it on the road to get to places you want to go.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Yeah it was an uncessary deal back then and looks even dumber as time passes.
Agreed... although I though tit looked pretty bad at the time given the deal was only a few weeks from the deal the Browns did with Kareem Hunt and when you look at price for production, it made Pace look like a clueless GM in terms of $ for production at the RB spot.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I expected this months ago and said it takes 2 years to fully recover from an ACL injury. Some on here disagreed.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I don't get all the Cohen shade being thrown.

What the fuck?

Him lining up in the backfield in a two TE set allows to bury a slot in the backfield and get a matchup on a LB. Come on now!

Cohen can kill it in space, and with JF able to actually throw a ball to a WR streaking down the field and on target, he's going to get some burn.

I hope he recovers and puts the hurting on everyone.