Bears place RB Unga on injured-reserve list

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It really does not matter. He was not going to make team and an injury like this always occur.

If he truly wasn't going to make the team it really DOES matter, it matters even more. Now they keep his rights for next year while if he didn't make the team he'd likely of been claimed by another team.:crazydance:

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
It really does not matter. He was not going to make team and an injury like this always occur.

If he wasn't on the IR either Bell or Wolfe would have been gone and the way things looked it was going to be Wolfe which is way over due.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
BTW the Bears did need a RB. That was after the Super Bowl after they traded away bitchy I refuse to be sharing carries and paid less for it TJ(Who has complained his way off of 3/4 different teams in his career) Benson wasn't an able 3rd down back and that's why they drafted Wolfe.
That sounds about 100% right. How quickly I forgot....
Clyde said:
If you think he has no chance to ever contribute on the field your just ignorant, it's not all likely but Jermome Harrison this season who had pretty lackluster 3 years turned into a stud on the field as a once claimedonly little 3rd down back.
Difference being is that Harrison has a lot more size than Wolfe.

BTW, Harrison even before his breakout season (which as still <1,000 yards) put up better production than Wolfe has done in his career.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
1000 yards is a stupid bench mark, and Harrison wasn't the key back for half the season, he had a few starts played great and got set back down again until late in the season because Jamal Lewis wasn't finished riding out the final muscles in his body.

Wolfe at least contributes to the team when he is out there. Maybe not when he goes into a vikings front line the especially for no reason like in 07 when Benson was actually having a good game... but use him as he was drafted to be and he fills the role. 3rd down and special teams. He had some decent draws when used and several good passes when thrown too, 2 back to back ones the only 2 games he was ever actually used more than 1 series in a game and others leading to good gains or penaltys oddly due to his size when he got ripped on the face.

I'm not a huge supporter of his ability to run at all but he can do more than people throw out there thinking he is worthless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.