Bears raising ticket prices after 3-13 season

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Browns go 1-15 and decide to lower prices. Bears go 3-13... Let's raise prices next season!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Did the letter give any specific reason(s) for the ticket price increase?

Nope, just said none had been given since 2014. The first half of the letter said we sucked but we have one of the youngest teams in the NFL and a bunch of other BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta admit, they have balls.....

South Dakota Bear

Liked Posts:
stop buying them..

It's the same thing with movie theaters. People bitch about the prices of admission and concessions, yet there are plenty of morons that go to the movies and fill up on food and beverage.

They, and the Bears, charge this because they can. There are plenty of meatball fans out there that think being a true fan means blowing hundreds of dollars to attend live games. If that is what you want to do, then do it. That's fine. Just know that you are part of the problem and not the solution. As long as idiots keep paying, they will keep increasing.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta admit those smokie links might have been a few days past expiration

It wasn't as much the stale taste as I had just never heard of ingesting anything through the colon before. Once you smoky link colonic, you never smoke the chronic again. Old man cure.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Did the letter give any specific reason(s) for the ticket price increase?

Per the letter Ted sent me:

"Off the field, Bears gameday is built around comradery with family, friends, business partners and fellow Bears fans. Win or lose, our goal is to provide value and create lasting memories for a gameday that is second to none. We are committed to ensuring the in-stadium experience continues to improve each year. Investing resources in both the gameday experience and the year-round Season Ticket Holder experience remains a primary focus."

From my perspective, as a second generation season ticket holder, and owning club level PSL's, I can tell you the "experience" has actually been worse each season. The food quality, which was phenomenal in 2006, has gone to shit. The bathrooms are still a disaster. My actual physical seats were in complete disarray (slashed up) after a Kenny Chesney concert and stayed that way for 2 seasons (although I complained and wrote letters ). And the price of a Beer is now on par with what you'd pay for a case at Jewel.

When you add that to the disaster on the field and the fact that fans from Detroit and Greenbay almost out-number our fans now, the "experience" is probably at an all-time low since I started going in the 70's.

The only improvements that I can note is they swapped out the jumbo-tron for bigger screens before 2015.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
stop buying them..

They wont, they will go to games, drink and eat.....while doing that they will think its cool to go to Bears game and boo. Look at the Cubs...hell shitty products for years and they never stopped, because then u wouldnt be a "real fan".

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Per the letter Ted sent me:

"Off the field, Bears gameday is built around comradery with family, friends, business partners and fellow Bears fans. Win or lose, our goal is to provide value and create lasting memories for a gameday that is second to none. We are committed to ensuring the in-stadium experience continues to improve each year. Investing resources in both the gameday experience and the year-round Season Ticket Holder experience remains a primary focus."

From my perspective, as a second generation season ticket holder, and owning club level PSL's, I can tell you the "experience" has actually been worse each season. The food quality, which was phenomenal in 2006, has gone to shit. The bathrooms are still a disaster. My actual physical seats were in complete disarray (slashed up) after a Kenny Chesney concert and stayed that way for 2 seasons (although I complained and wrote letters ). And the price of a Beer is now on par with what you'd pay for a case at Jewel.

When you add that to the disaster on the field and the fact that fans from Detroit and Greenbay almost out-number our fans now, the "experience" is probably at an all-time low since I started going in the 70's.

The only improvements that I can note is they swapped out the jumbo-tron for bigger screens before 2015.

All that and you will have season tickets next year though lol jk

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
All that and you will have season tickets next year though lol jk

True...

8247534_f260.jpg

Bears89

Liked Posts:
The price increase isn't " wrong". They know nobody will dare give up their seats.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
LOL, yes. Where's the incentive in trying to improve anything?

I actually (and have said this several times) believe that the Bears could (will) be a playoff contender next year contingent on 3:

1) Find a real QB
2) Fix the secondary (specifically the CB's)
3) Get a legit threat as a pass-catching TE

That's not to say any of the above is something they will do...

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Is anyone really surprised? The Bears can raise prices because people will pay them. We have a dopey fanbase that supports the team regardless of the record.

The Bears literally have zero initiative to ever try to be good, or competitive. They've been mediocre at best since 2010 and they're probably one of the better draws in the game.

Last edited: