Bears Related Draft Rumors

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Remember when you said this morning around 8:45AM that none of this bothered you?

Trolls don't bother me. When other people that i think/thought were outside your troll crew come at me like i'm the problem when it's very clear that i don't come at you clowns until one of you come at me first then that bothers me. When someone who's supposed to be a mod and is supposed to be fair to everyone only says stuff to me and not any of you trolls then that bothers me.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trolls don't bother me. When other people that i think/thought were outside your troll crew come at me like i'm the problem when it's very clear that i don't come at you clowns until one of you come at me first then that bothers me. When someone who's supposed to be a mod and is supposed to be fair to everyone only says stuff to me and not any of you trolls then that bothers me.
The fact that half of the board thinks your posts are bad does not mean there is some collective TROLL CREW out to get you. Your bad football thoughts and subsequent bitching and derailing EVERY THREAD once you get called out is the problem.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The fact that half of the board thinks your posts are bad does not mean there is some collective TROLL CREW out to get you. Your bad football thoughts and subsequent bitching and derailing EVERY THREAD once you get called out is the problem.

Half the board? So we only have like 20 members? Hmmmmmm

I know more about the Bears and football now then you'll ever know.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
db70....either ignore their posts, or put the lot of them on ignore. It's not like you'll miss a ton of football wisdom without them.

Just find a way to get past it for all of our sanity, please...

Alright i'll stop replying to them. Some might not believe this but i actually hate that the people that do just want to talk football on here have to deal with all the back and forth but i've always been brought up to defend myself and can get pretty stubborn but i'm gonna leave the trolls alone.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Half the board? So we only have like 20 members? Hmmmmmm

I know more about the Bears and football now then you'll ever know.

This is hilarious.... you literally had to cheat in your fantasy league to make the championship and you still lost. How dumb do you have to be to cheat and still lose. It's like holding a royal flush in your hand and folding it to play it safe.

You literally have the least knowledge of football and that says a lot considering it's CCS

TL1961

Liked Posts:

You're a big part of the problem, and this post shows why. You never, ever let anything end.

Last edited:

jbd

Liked Posts:
wow-wee..this thread turned into a pissing competition quick..what a waste of a thread that started out decently...

I hope get a rb in the 2nd or 3rd because if we don't find someone usable the backfield goes from a strength to a weakness...hell...id had like to see howard around still...over a fucking 6th...riiiiight?...pro bowl hb was near top in rushing yards in league his first two seasons...for a fucking sixth? i hear the he doesn't fit the offense arguments....but damn a 6th? yuck!

Go Bears!

jbd

Liked Posts:
another thing...why does it say new user under my name? i've been here for 7 years!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
wow-wee..this thread turned into a pissing competition quick..what a waste of a thread that started out decently...

I hope get a rb in the 2nd or 3rd because if we don't find someone usable the backfield goes from a strength to a weakness...hell...id had like to see howard around still...over a fucking 6th...riiiiight?...pro bowl hb was near top in rushing yards in league his first two seasons...for a fucking sixth? i hear the he doesn't fit the offense arguments....but damn a 6th? yuck!

Go Bears!

It sure did start out decently... but turdboss @dabears70 had to derail it like every other thread he posts in.
another thing...why does it say new user under my name? i've been here for 7 years!

This is a new site format, so user titles are based on post counts instead of actual tenure. You average 10 posts per year, so your member title looks like you're a noob. Work in progress and @zack54attack is working hard on improving the new software.

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
So you are willing to bypass an impactful RB in the 3rd, when you believe they will all be gone in the 4th, so that you can draft depth at CB/edge?

An impactful RB will affect the offense a whole lot more than a backup CB/Edge will and it is the improvement on the offense that is going to tell us how far the Bears are going to go this year.

A weak offense and a pretty good backup at CB/Edge can be in trouble if that CB/Edge has to play because he basically cannot make any rookie mistakes because the points scored by the offense might be razor thin.

A much more dynamic offense can survive the backups at CB/Edge that the Bears already have because the impact RB has made the offense work so much better that they have added 7+ points to their points per game average.

Once you built the defense to a strong unit (which they did in 2018), the players that you add on offense will have a much bigger return on investment than backups on defense.

Personally, yes I would grab a EDGE/CB over a RB if I had them graded out the same. EDGE/CB are much harder to come across. I worry about out CB depth after Prince/Fuller on the outside. I have zero faith in any of their other CBs. I also worry about Floyd/Lynch staying healthy. IMO they lost to the Eagles because they lacked CB/EDGE depth. And when Callahan/Lynch went down we were cooked.

But I hear ya, I would love a dominate RB. I had hoped we could get both, but seems like all the RBs I have high grades on are moving up draft boards.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Go Bears!
We don't have a 2nd round pick.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:

Go Bears!

I'm with you in the sense that Howard for a 6th was a steal by the Eagles, but there may be a two-fold purpose of the trade. My theory is that we already have a RB or two in mind that we will attempt to trade up for. By dealing Howard, not only do we have a slightly more trade capital, but we also may have eliminated a high need of Philly. By doing that, we may essentially push the RBs a bit further down. I'm not sure if that is the case, but it helps me cope to think Pace is on top of things.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don't know what back we will draft, or whether he'll be 5'7" or 6'0". There will likely be times when our backs are not great.

But even while acknowledging a future 6th for Howard seems like very little, I pose this question:

In what down and distance situation will we miss Howard next year? Goal line? 3rd and short? That's where a lot of fans seem to think Howard was very good, though he was so-so. 1st and ten? I would expect more versatility from the backs this coming season, but maybe not reliability on 1st.

I just don't foresee a lot of times when I will be missing Howard out there.

Not bashing him, or saying he won't get his yards in Philly. But in the Bears offense, I don't recall a lot of Jordan Howard carrying us last year, and it was clearly not his type of offense.

We will be fine.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I just woke up from a nap. Mind giving me a footnotes version of that wall 'o' text?
The same old DaBears70 against the world argument. I just told him to ignore whoever he considers the main culprits to end the continuous tread-derailing posts.