Bears Roster Moves - PLAYOFF EDITION

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
its covid

if he's not protected and you're 2 qb's are deemed to be in close contact or have covid, the bears would have 0 qb's for their upcoming game....which this week, is a playoff game.

you cant bring in a qb during a week and have him available for the game that weekend (due to playbook, practice time and most importantly time required due to covid rules to be eligible to play).

it's why bray is protected but usually kept as far away as possible from the other two.

has nothing to do with his ability, future with the org. or anything else other than protecting the team and having someone QB the team if necessary.......otherwise we're looking at running the wildcat all game with patterson/montgomery
I hadn’t thought of this. Makes more sense now. However, they won’t have to worry about that after Sunday probably.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Somebody needs to ask Pace the reasoning behind this at his year end presser.

@zack54attack

greg23

Liked Posts:
I hadn’t thought of this. Makes more sense now. However, they won’t have to worry about that after Sunday probably.

It's why he's been protected each week all year while on the PS

There's no grand delusion that's he's got some sort of future...unlike a bunch of meatballs on here constantly calling for him to play

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Wait. So how does this PS poaching work once the playoffs start? Are all teams still fair game, or just the teams that are still alive?
Regardless, if it’s still going on in any form, why haven’t the Bears poached a CB from somewhere? Pretty obvious Shelley doesn’t belong on an NFL roster.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's why he's been protected each week all year while on the PS

There's no grand delusion that's he's got some sort of future...unlike a bunch of meatballs on here constantly calling for him to play
I think most are aware but it still makes for a great gag.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
What does that tell us about the state of the Practice Squad when Bray is chosen to be protected???