Bears rule out Matt Forte, Eddie Royal for 'MNF'

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears rule out Matt Forte, Eddie Royal for 'MNF'

Matt Forte will officially miss the Chicago Bears' clash with the San Diego Chargers on Monday night.

The team ruled out the running back Saturday due to a right knee injury, coach John Fox announced. Forte left last week's contest after taking a big hit in the third quarter. He did not practice all week.

It's a big loss for the Bears' offense. Forte has accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's scrimmage yards this season, the highest percentage of any running back in the league.

Forte's injury isn't believed to be long-term, but he'll miss at least one week.

In his stead, rookie Jeremy Langford will get the start. The running back has compiled 80 rushing yards on 27 carries (3.0 YPC) and two touchdowns. Langford displays good vision and power, but isn't nearly as elusive as Forte and isn't proven in the passing game.

"I'm excited. I'm very excited," Langford said on Friday, via ESPN.com. "But at the same time, I have to relax and take it one day at a time, especially because it's on Monday Night Football. I just need to do my best to take advantage of the opportunity."

Expect Jay Cutler to utilize a quick pass attack to Alshon Jeffery with Forte out.

That pass attack, however, will be hindered with receiver Eddie Royal (left knee) also out. It's Royal's second missed game of the 2015 season.

Bears center Hroniss Grasu is doubtful.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears RB Matt Forte had PRP injection in right knee, won't travel to San Diego

1250x703

Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte on Saturday was ruled out of Monday night's game against the San Diego Chargers. And his availability for the Week 10 road game against the St. Louis Rams is in great doubt, as well.

Forte's streak of 52 consecutive starts will end Monday because of the sprained medial collateral ligament he suffered in his right knee against the Minnesota Vikings on Nov. 1.

Forte had a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection in his right knee during the week in order to facilitate healing. He is not traveling with the Bears to San Diego in order to avoid swelling that can occur due to air travel.

"It takes time more than anything," Forte said Saturday. "Some people heal faster than others. But more than it being a mental thing, like, 'I'm injured,' it just takes a little time for it to heal before you can really do what you want to do."

Forte understands that rest and rehabilitation might not get him back in time for the Nov. 15 game against the Rams. And for a player unaccustomed to watching games, that requires a push toward acceptance.

"It’s not something that I look forward to doing," Forte said. "Obviously, I want to be out on the field. That’s tough to deal with. All I can do now is work as hard as I can to get back on the field."

Fourth-round rookie Jeremy Langford has praised Forte's assistance in preparing for his first start. Forte, a two-time Pro Bowler, said he's helped Langford specifically with pass protection reads.

"If he’s looking at what I look at, the same result can happen," Forte said. "In blitz protection, just some of the keys to look at, whether it’s the rotation of the safeties or how DBs act. Always know where the position of the ball is. If we’re on the boundary side, a lot of teams like to bring corners from the boundary side. Different stuff like that."

And as for running the ball?

"Run reads and things like that is eyesight and natural to deal with," Forte said. "I tell him don’t think too much. If you see a hole, hit it."

In other injury news Saturday, the Bears ruled receiver Eddie Royal (left knee) out. Center Hroniss Grasu (strained neck) is doubtful. Slot cornerback Bryce Callahan (concussion) was cleared to play, and he was limited in practice.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Happy about Callahan. Want to see a couple long gains from Langford. GO Bears!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Eddie Royal is injury prone.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently Forte had a plasma injection this week to speed up the recovery process. Hopefully it works and he's ready to roll next week.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Royal being ruled out isn't much a surprise. Wilson will continue to step up

Mitchapalooza

Royal being ruled out isn't much a surprise. Wilson will continue to step up
Wilson's talents are being held back heavily because of Cutler. I hope he can play well tomorrow so quees goes off.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Don't even feel like watching this team anymore

I guess I'll watch for Jeremy Langford? Curious to see how he does

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wilson's talents are being held back heavily because of Cutler. I hope he can play well today so quees goes off.

Cutler isn't playing today :troll:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Apparently Forte had a plasma injection this week to speed up the recovery process. Hopefully it works and he's ready to roll next week.

Thats an interesting procedure. I had it done to my elbow a couple of years back and it did help.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Thats an interesting procedure. I had it done to my elbow a couple of years back and it did help.

Masterbating like you are 15 again I take it.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Don't even feel like watching this team anymore

I guess I'll watch for Jeremy Langford? Curious to see how he does

Hopefully you stop posting too.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I had a bone marrow aspiration in August and they are culturing my stem cells to re-inject back into my hips in Dec

They drill with a corkscrew four holes on each side of your back pelvis girdle, 8 total, and fill about two test tubes of bone marrow. It's done in the Cayman Islands because the FDA "cartel" and pharmaceutical "lobby" has outlawed it here in the USA. Your OWN Fuckin cells !! Assholes !! Regenerative medicine is mankind's future and the AssHats are trying to stop the use of one's own cells.

Then they multiply one's own cells a thousandfold and freeze them. When thawed out 95% are still as viable as poppa's little squirt.

I'll let everyone know how this turns out. I have 16 mos, 9mos, 4 mos and will have done the 1 week b4 PRE - MRIs of my hips and then will have POST MRIs to determine the efficacy of the whole shebang ..... besides my unmitigated honest testimony.