Bears sign DT from GB's PS.

BearForceOne

Liked Posts:
What's with Ratliff I wonder - I thought he was suspended, but now he injured himself somehow? I didn't know about Ego either

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah it's something with his leg or foot and it's been hurting him since since he came off of suspension. It was one of the reasons he didn't play in his first week he was allowed back.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ratliff was injured before the suspension began. High ankle sprain or something like that. The suspension had no effect on his play time.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
hqdefault.jpg

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ratliff was injured before the suspension began. High ankle sprain or something like that. The suspension had no effect on his play time.

Or so we were told.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
What's with Ratliff I wonder - I thought he was suspended, but now he injured himself somehow? I didn't know about Ego either

He noticeably went out from the Bengals preseason game with an injury. I think most people just assumed he would be healthy after the suspension and didn't care about it at the time.

cheezehead0412

Liked Posts:
Gaston is really a good player and this was a nice pick up by da bears. The pack will hate to lose him.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
His draft profile from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/bruce-gaston?id=2543849

[h=3]Overview[/h] Played in all 50 possible games as a senior. 2013: Led team with three sacks after playing in all 12 games. 2012: Started all 13 games 2011: Played in all 13 games, making nine starts. Had a sack in three consecutive games. 2010: Played in all 12 games and started in final 10 as a true freshman. High school: Chicago Tribune All-State selection as senior after recording 99 tackles and 16 sacks.
[h=3]Analysis[/h] [h=4]Strengths[/h] Eyes the ball. Good anchor strength and power to control the line and defend the run. Shows the ability to stack and shed. Can push the pocket. Flashes disruptive ability. Strong tackler. Nice balance, athletic ability and movement. Played multiple techniques. Durable four-year starter. Team captain. [h=4]Weaknesses[/h] Does not overwhelm with his first step. Needs to generate more power through his lower half. Limited playing range to the perimeter. Inconsistent, sluggish hands -- does not use his paws violently. Could stand to develop pass-rush moves and counters. Motor idles -- leaves effort on the field. Does not show an innate feel for blocking schemes. Average agility and lateral quickness. [h=4]Draft Projection[/h] Rounds 5-6 [h=4]Bottom Line[/h] Good-sized, experienced defensive tackle with a nice combination of strength and athleticism to contribute as a rotational player in a 4-3 or perhaps appeal to teams as a five-technique. Did not leave his stamp on enough games, however, and needs to ratchet up with intensity on a snap-to-snap basis in order to maximize his potential.

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Teacher says, "Whenever a Chicago kid becomes a Bear, an angel gets its wings."

varga20

Liked Posts:
I don't think we hate to lose him, but he is a solid player and will contribute to your squad. He is a good grab for you, and may have his chance finally. It's really a no risk move! Didn't see enough from him to be excited about him really so I'm indifferent.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans

Hmmm, maybe that's why he didn't bother to appeal his suspension like every other player does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Gaston played well for the Packers this preseason. Surprised he was on the practice squad since he beat out former third-round pick Khyri Thornton.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sweet. Now the Bears can "pump" him for information

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BearDovvn

Liked Posts:
The bears need to sign Packers DT Mike Daniels next year in free agency. Aside from Matthews and Pep, he's their next best pass rusher.