Bears Sign MD Jennings

winterwarz

I recall him giving up a ball to Golden Tate. It was a pretty big play if memory serves me correctly...

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I recall him giving up a ball to Golden Tate. It was a pretty big play if memory serves me correctly...

Did he really?

replay.gif

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
This guys has zero chance of beating out Conte

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4690976/jennings-not-a-slam-dunk-signing-for-bears

Jennings not a slam dunk signing for Bears
March, 12, 2014
MAR 12
2:37
PM ET
By Michael C. Wright | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND0TWEET0COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Perhaps he can truly play, but a couple of early reviews concerning new Chicago Bears safety M.D. Jennings don’t inspire much confidence in him becoming an impact contributor in 2014.

Jennings
Jennings, 25, started all 16 games last season at safety for the Packers, but never produced a turnover, despite contributing 74 tackles. Still, Jennings wasn’t a priority for the Packers in free agency as the club wanted to upgrade at that position and opted not to extend a tender offer to the restricted free agent.

Keep in mind Jennings started in the Green Bay’s last 26 games. According to ESPN NFL Nation Packers reporter Rob Demovsky, the club had hoped to replace Jennings last season, but didn’t possess any better options on the roster.

One personnel director called Chicago’s acquisition of Jennings “probably nothing more than a depth signing,” adding that if Green Bay “thought he could play, they wouldn’t have let him go.” The great Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel spoke to NFL scouts about some of Green Bay’s free agents. Here’s what one had to say about Jennings:

“Maybe somebody would [sign] him just to see what he could do. But it’s not like he’s played very well. I’d take a look at him because I think he’s athletic enough. I’m just not sure why it doesn’t always click. He’s definitely that [small]. I don’t think anybody takes a shot at him. He doesn’t run well enough. It’s right of first refusal at best [in terms of a potential tender offer]. He’s a backup player that got forced into a starting situation. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you got him as a good backup you’re happy with that. I see a backup talent despite his starting experience.”

Perhaps that’s why the Bears brought in Jennings: to see what he could do, and at worst use him as a backup safety and special-teams contributor although initially he’ll compete for a starting job.

Jennings came into the league as an undrafted free agent out of Arkansas State and has posted 133 career tackles, an interception and three pass breakups.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Ugh. We already have a Jennings. Now when someone says Jennings, I'm gonna be confused. Emery needs to think about the confusion factor. :kick:

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
Ugh. We already have a Jennings. Now when someone says Jennings, I'm gonna be confused. Emery needs to think about the confusion factor. :kick:

Hopefully there won't be any confusion because only one will actually be playing on defense.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe the Bears signed him so they could grill him for information. I mean, we only play the Packers twice a year every year so we really don't know much about how their defense is going to approach us.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
In a nutshell, the Bears have just upgraded and replaced both Major Wright and Craig Steltz with the two safety signings. Two more Lovie stiffs out the door.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies

Don't worry. From what I've gathered MD won't be making any plays.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Really? Day f-ing 2 of free agency and you are signing camp fodder???

For an ironic side point the Eagles today signed Bryan Braman and Chris Maragos...

Nick80

Really? Day f-ing 2 of free agency and you are signing camp fodder???

For an ironic side point the Eagles today signed Bryan Braman and Chris Maragos...

That'll help improve those ST then.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

The Jennings creating turnovers and making tackles is Tim. The Jennings that does nothing is MD.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe more of a camp body signing....let him compete.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Conte stays on top. Don't have a stroke boys.