Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch Trubisky was far and away his favorite QB in the 2017 draft class.

Maybe he's mad at bears fans now for shitting on him for it?

He thought that the 9ers shoulda drafted him at #2.

He also predicted trubisky would break out last year(before the season) and the bears would be the best team in the NFC.

The only thing he hasn't done really is be right, it seems. Pretty standard for bleacher report.
Sounds like his current prediction offers immense hope.

Almost forgot, LOL
?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In case anybody wants to punch his stupid face.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I don't think the Bears will end up as the 2nd worst team in the NFL, but would not surprise me if it were to happen. I've never been sold on Foles, and Trubisky is looking like a bust. If Nagy can't fix the run game this offense is going to lose games for the Bears regardless of the defense.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think the Bears will end up as the 2nd worst team in the NFL, but would not surprise me if it were to happen. I've never been sold on Foles, and Trubisky is looking like a bust. If Nagy can't fix the run game this offense is going to lose games for the Bears regardless of the defense.
Defense would have to literally be carried off in a stretcher in order for this iteration of the Bear team to finish almost dead last in the league. D is way too good for that placement. Hell, as BAD as the O was last season, the team was still 8-8.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Defense would have to literally be carried off in a stretcher in order for this iteration of the Bear team to finish almost dead last in the league. D is way too good for that placement. Hell, as BAD as the O was last season, the team was still 8-8.
Hicks injury lingers, Khali gets hurt, offense flounders.

kinda the inverse of

Foles being good, The OL being better, and the TE's situation working out.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Which is why I doubt they finish that low, but an injury to the defense, the offense not moving the ball and giving opposing teams short fields, turnovers, 3 and outs that don't give the defense a break. As good as a defense can be, sometimes a horrible offense can sink a defense

msadows

Liked Posts:
Hicks injury lingers, Khali gets hurt, offense flounders.

kinda the inverse of

Foles being good, The OL being better, and the TE's situation working out.

He played better with one arm than most lineman play with two.

the offense played about as bad as it has in its 100 year history, hicks went down for what...11 games?, mack WAS hurt , and we still won 8 games.

6-10 is a real possibility if shit hits the fan.

3-13(which would be bottom 2) is not. Too much talent all over the field.

Last edited:

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jacksonville went from 10-6 in 2017 and playing in the conference championship game with the #2 defense in the league to going 5-11 the following year with still a top 5 Defense and drafted 7th with 1 loss away from drafting in the top 5. What changed? The offense went from 5th in points scored and 6th in yards to 31st in points and 27th in yards.

So anyone saying a great defense can overcome an awful offense needs to take a step back and realize this defense doesn't guarantee any wins if that offense won't score

msadows

Liked Posts:
2017 foxball with rookie mitch and long neck glennon averaged a higher yards/play than the 2019 "be you" 201 offense.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Jacksonville went from 10-6 in 2017 and playing in the conference championship game with the #2 defense in the league to going 5-11 the following year with still a top 5 Defense and drafted 7th with 1 loss away from drafting in the top 5. What changed? The offense went from 5th in points scored and 6th in yards to 31st in points and 27th in yards.

So anyone saying a great defense can overcome an awful offense needs to take a step back and realize this defense doesn't guarantee any wins if that offense won't score

I mean...that was our offense last year and we went 8-8.

Very much doubt it gets worse.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He played better with one arm than most lineman play with two.

the offense played about as bad as it has in its 100 year history, hicks went down for what...11 games?, mack WAS hurt all season, he played on a sprained ankle, and we still won 8 games.

6-10 is a real possibility if shit hits the fan.

3-13(which would be bottom 2) is not. Too much talent all over the field.
There is nothing on paper that suggests the Bears O will be any better this year. The Mack excuse is BS, the same can be said about the majority of NFL players suffering from some sort of injury and still playing throughout the year (for instance Flowers was hampered the first 8 games last year). Hicks is now just lifting.

Not saying it will happen, but everything can go wrong much more often than everything going right. 2018 Bears were a statistical anomaly, with remarkable good health and a huge turnover ratio in there favor. 2019 saw both of these return to the norm.

msadows

Liked Posts:
There is nothing on paper that suggests the Bears O will be any better this year. The Mack excuse is BS, the same can be said about the majority of NFL players suffering from some sort of injury and still playing throughout the year (for instance Flowers was hampered the first 8 games last year). Hicks is now just lifting.

Not saying it will happen, but everything can go wrong much more often than everything going right. 2018 Bears were a statistical anomaly, with remarkable good health and a huge turnover ratio in there favor. 2019 saw both of these return to the norm.

There is plenty on paper to show the bears offense will improve from probably the worst in the nfl if not bottom 3.

Adding foles alone, while not amazing, is enough to add a couple points on average per game.

I'm not expecting miracles, I'm also not expecting it to get worse, because there isn't really much room to get worse.

msadows

Liked Posts:
cut to november 2020... 'I changed my mind'

About what? They aren't going 3-13 with this talent. That would be what it takes to be 2nd worst in the nfl.

6-10, sure. They have a better chance of going 13-3 than 3-13.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing I've learned being a Bears fan for decades...never underestimate their ability to be much worse than what they are "on paper."

LOL.

Outside of 2001 season, I never find myself thinking during the season, "Wow, this team is soooo much better than I expected."

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
About what? They aren't going 3-13 with this talent. That would be what it takes to be 2nd worst in the nfl.

6-10, sure. They have a better chance of going 13-3 than 3-13.

They have a better chance of going 6-10 than going 13-3 too.

going from 6-10 to 13-3 is a 7 game swing

going from 6-10 to 3-13 is only a three game swing.

Do I think the Bears will go 3-13? No

But, a few key injuries, like I outlined above, could have that happen. An interesting question would be "what Bears player, if injured, would effect the Bears win/loss total the most". With most teams the answer is easy, it would be the QB. However, I don't think that is the case with the Bears......

So is it Mack?

msadows

Liked Posts:
One thing I've learned being a Bears fan for decades...never underestimate their ability to be much worse than what they are "on paper."

LOL.

Outside of 2001 season, I never find myself thinking during the season, "Wow, this team is soooo much better than I expected."

2018? 2005?

msadows

Liked Posts:
They have a better chance of going 6-10 than going 13-3 too.

going from 6-10 to 13-3 is a 7 game swing

going from 6-10 to 3-13 is only a three game swing.

Do I think the Bears will go 3-13? No

But, a few key injuries, like I outlined above, could have that happen. An interesting question would be "what Bears player, if injured, would effect the Bears win/loss total the most". With most teams the answer is easy, it would be the QB. However, I don;t think that is the case with the Bears......

So is it Mack?

Mack had multiple lingering injuries last year, rarely seemed like himself. Anyone who watched him play could tell you that. Shit there was a game where he laid a goose egg.

This year we added another lethal pass rusher.

I'm not too worried. Thats what happens when you have probowlers all over the defense. Maybe you seem to forget, but this defense was still top 10 in 2017 without khalil mack.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I mean...that was our offense last year and we went 8-8.

Very much doubt it gets worse.

4 games were won by less than a TD...the Bears are closer to a 4-12 record than 12-4 record or even an 8-8 record.

What improvements to the offense have been made that we can say without a doubt kept the Bears as good or better than last year?

Jimmy Graham?
Ted Ginn?
Nick Foles?

These are the missing pieces to the Bears getting better?

Like I said, the Bears will likely be middle of the road again with Pace and Nagy either ending the season fired or on the hot seat. But if they completely flop it won't be a huge surprise. With mediocre to bad QB play a run game and defense is the only way to minimize that deficiency. Pace has struggled to develop a solid run game...You are known to constantly have the Beer Goggles on, so you optimism holds little weight