Bears trade for Claypool

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Another good thing bout Claypool is he can play anywhere. His first 2 years he played primarily out wide but this year he has played primarily in the slot as a big slot WR.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You were crying aboyt immaturity. I pointed out Jenkins had the same knock.

I already said I am fine with the 2nd rounder given we got an extra 2nd so not sure why you still asking about it.
You're fine with the 2nd round pick because you were all up on CCS talking about how we should trade for him but you wanted to do it with a 4th round pick which is a huge difference from a 2nd round pick. He has shown immaturity and character issues which you asked for and i provided.

Don't get me wrong because i still think getting Claypool will be big for this offense and Fields so i'm happy we have him but just think we gave up too much for a guy with on and off field issues shown in Pitt.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Unless I'm mistaken, the other two WR's(Pickens, Johnson) are the cancers. Both have been trolling their QB and acting like idiots.
Pickens had some issues here at UGA.

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on Claypool, but we needed some help at WR. Got a guy who was a second round pick with a second round pick, still on his rookie deal.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a -medium risk -high reward type deal

We have a season and a half with minimum salary risk to see his worth-
We already witnessed he can take over a game if given the right circumstances- He almost single handed won the Tampa game with Trubisky- like it or not
Which is worth the 10-15 spots in the second we gave up IMO

This is a shrewd move with a lot of potential upside for the future-Instant playing time now through next season vice a rookie next season with no guarantees

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're fine with the 2nd round pick because you were all up on CCS talking about how we should trade for him but you wanted to do it with a 4th round pick which is a huge difference from a 2nd round pick. He has shown immaturity and character issues which you asked for and i provided.

Don't get me wrong because i still think getting Claypool will be big for this offense and Fields so i'm happy we have him but just think we gave up too much for a guy with on and off field issues shown in Pitt.
What are you cunting about ?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol ccs loves to cunt.

Are some people seriously complaining about trading for a young wr who already has 2k yards?
Well dude definitely has the size and speed. He better be in the long term plans however, giving up Draft capital. If he produces and gets extended, I’m good. If he washes out, then it will be a knock on Poles. Hopefully he picks up the playbook quickly, so we can get a good look in at whether or not he and Fields have a connection.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
I like that this signals the Bears have seen enough from this season and believe they have found their guy ---- FIELDS.

This is the first major investment on that side of the ball... and it signals they believe they have their franchise QB and that now they must build around him.

The 2nd was high but it was the going rate to get the deal done at that time. Markets fluctuate depending upon availability, scarcity and what your competition is willing to give up. The Bears clearly had the need -- Claypool fills that need -- and their chief competitor wanted him so they knew they had to bid higher to get what they wanted. Its a high price no doubt but if he pans out the way they envision, and he becomes a true #1 for Fields, he will be well worth it.

Its a bit of a gamble but I like the move. 6'4" wideouts who run 4.4 and leap 40 inches and have great hands don't grow on trees. Usually something is missing in that package -- 6'4" but lack speed, lack hands, etc. but not Claypool -- he has IT ALL ... and I think this staff will hold him accountable and demand he bring IT ALL each and every day.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No one will name this 2nd round WR, better than Claypool coming out this year....I wonder why. I like this a lot
I think the reason why is because the draft is still like 6 months away and nobody knows who will go where especially since the college season isn't even over yet. Just my guess.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Don’t think they would give up a 2nd if they didn’t plan to re-sign him. With Mooney also needing a new deal, I wonder how that looks? How much are they going to invest in 2 #2 WRs?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Think this means more that you might actually see a legit passing game going forward.

They didnt even have 4 legit nfl WR's they could march out there until this past week.
I know people are not going to like this idea, but I think Poles is done with major WR targets now for this year and next. I don't think you can call Claypool or Mooney legit number 1s but both could be damn good #2s, and they complement each other well.

More than that though, this offense is establishing itself with the run and will probably continue to do so going into next season. With Mooney and Claypool both staring down extensions after next season (or as early as this offseason), I don't think you're adding a hell of a lot more to the position, not when the bread and butter of the offense (run game) would benefit more from and upgraded O-line, which is much needed as well at a couple notable spots (center and tackle).

Depending on what ESB, Pringle and Harry continue to show this year, this coming offseason, you're maybe seeing a later pick spent on a WR, otherwise perhaps a little shuffling of the 3rd WR. Grab a speedier guy like Hardman as a slot guy perhaps? Again, the run game benefits from the big receivers like ESB/Harry that can block.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Claypool is a #2, Mooney is a #3. Draft that 1st option hopefully. I’m not a fan of this trade but I do understand offense costs more. I would have preferred getting Higgins in the off-season. Maybe they still will but I doubt it.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
They are going to have a ridiculous amount of $ to fix the lines in FA. Not having to pay for a WR, they will be able to sign two top tier OL and two top tier DL and still have plenty left to fill in the gaps.

Obviously depends on who is available.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I just don’t feel claypool is some kind of transcendent must have talent that you need to win a bidding war for. It feels like an episode of storage wars and we just got played by the yuuuup guy.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Claypool is a #2, Mooney is a #3. Draft that 1st option hopefully. I’m not a fan of this trade but I do understand offense costs more. I would have preferred getting Higgins in the off-season. Maybe they still will but I doubt it.
Why would Higgins be available?

The Bengals have tons of cap space and a SB window, plus they'd probably get rid of Boyd before Higgins.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Not sure why this is so confusing for you. I said a 4th rounder would be ideal because I wanted us to retain our top 3 picks. Now that we got an extra 2nd, I am fine with using a 2nd because we will still have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick. Things change as circumstances change.

You originally said character and attitude issues. I do not consider celebrating a first down character or attitude issues. I am also comfortable that any immaturity issues can be addressed by Flus just as it was with Jenkins.

The off field incident did not result in punishment so I am not all that concerned about it. Again I asked for a link as I wanted to know what you were referring to. Now that I do, I am not overly concerned and the risk is acceptable to me. Don't know what else you want me to say.