Bears Training Camp thread

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Daniel Greenberg
@ChiSportUpdates

The buzz inside Halas Hall has been if there is one player on the Chicago Bears roster that's ready to have a big season, it's Leonard Floyd. (Via @PFWeekly)

Is this post from last year?

GreatBlueAardwolf-size_restricted.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Daniel Greenberg
@ChiSportUpdates

The buzz inside Halas Hall has been if there is one player on the Chicago Bears roster that's ready to have a big season, it's Leonard Floyd. (Via @PFWeekly)

I can see it especially since he's playing for a contract. I thought he played very well last year especially the 2nd half when Fangio didn't have him backing up in coverage so much and his run defense is better then he gets credit for. His biggest issue is still gonna be health.

My biggest worry is CB if Amukamara or Fuller get hurt. I really like what K.Tolliver looked like in his very limited time but we can't say what he'll be as a starter with so little to go off of, especially so little to go off of in regular season play against real NFL players and next man up would most likely be B.Skrine who's played plenty of CB but hasn't been great, but also has never played with such a dominant defense so maybe he'd be better with better players around him but still not the best case for a #3 CB. Maybe D.Shelley shows out but he would have to take over for Skrine at NB i would think unless S.McManis wins that backup job. Either way if one of our starters goes down we're looking at Tolliver, Skrine, Shelley and McManis for who we'd have two of starting at CB and NB. Pretty damn sketchy to me.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can see it especially since he's playing for a contract. I thought he played very well last year especially the 2nd half when Fangio didn't have him backing up in coverage so much and his run defense is better then he gets credit for. His biggest issue is still gonna be health.

My biggest worry is CB if Amukamara or Fuller get hurt. I really like what K.Tolliver looked like in his very limited time but we can't say what he'll be as a starter with so little to go off of, especially so little to go off of in regular season play against real NFL players and next man up would most likely be B.Skrine who's played plenty of CB but hasn't been great, but also has never played with such a dominant defense so maybe he'd be better with better players around him but still not the best case for a #3 CB. Maybe D.Shelley shows out but he would have to take over for Skrine at NB i would think unless S.McManis wins that backup job. Either way if one of our starters goes down we're looking at Tolliver, Skrine, Shelley and McManis for who we'd have two of starting at CB and NB. Pretty damn sketchy to me.

Leonard Floyd did not "play very well last year..."

Please watch this video were Lance Briggs gives his honest opinion of Floyd last season.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Please watch this video were Lance Briggs gives his honest opinion of Floyd last season.

I watched about 2/3rds of that video....

Briggs gives less information than a competent fan. His big insight was Floyd is a good athlete but not a football player. Holmes had to lead him by the nose to try and get some specifics out of him. There are better football analysts they can bring on and make segments more entertaining and educational.

For the record, Floyd is unproductive because he has little in the way of football moves to the QB that don't rely on speed. Floyd does a good job of setting the edge, but has nothing effective enough in his repertoire to get to the next level.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched about 2/3rds of that video....

Briggs gives less information than a competent fan. His big insight was Floyd is a good athlete but not a football player. Holmes had to lead him by the nose to try and get some specifics out of him. There are better football analysts they can bring on and make segments more entertaining and educational.

For the record, Floyd is unproductive because he has little in the way of football moves to the QB that don't rely on speed. Floyd does a good job of setting the edge, but has nothing effective enough in his repertoire to get to the next level.

It seems to me he's just not wanting to say the guy sucks. You can tell by his body language and how he holds back so much, he doesn't think highly of Floyd as a player or draft pick. And he's on Chicago sports radio, so he's not going to trash him too much.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems to me he's just not wanting to say the guy sucks. You can tell by his body language and how he holds back so much, he doesn't think highly of Floyd as a player or draft pick. And he's on Chicago sports radio, so he's not going to trash him too much.

I don't think he was holding back; He said he was a bad football player. I can get that here.

I like to learn why he was bad, not that he just is. Give me some specifics. Bad technique, why he can't get to the next level....

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If you place Floyd on a team without another top pass rusher, I'm not sure he would be successful. He plays his part on this defense and I thought he did play well in the second half, but it would surprise me if he turned in numbers even close to Mack (assuming similar health). I like that we have Floyd, but he has not proven to be a superstar, just a good #2 OLB.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you place Floyd on a team without another top pass rusher, I'm not sure he would be successful. He plays his part on this defense and I thought he did play well in the second half, but it would surprise me if he turned in numbers even close to Mack (assuming similar health). I like that we have Floyd, but he has not proven to be a superstar, just a good #2 OLB.

I don't even think they should give him a new contract.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

he hasn't had 5 sacks since his rookie year, nor double digit sacks once. I think it is ok to question if he is a good OLB at all.

Aaron Lynch played 33% of the defensive snaps, Floyd played 75%......Lynch had one less sack and 3 less QB hits....

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don't think he was holding back; He said he was a bad football player. I can get that here.

I like to learn why he was bad, not that he just is. Give me some specifics. Bad technique, why he can't get to the next level....

He’s one dimensional

He’s excellent at stopping the run
He’s below average rushing the passer
And is total meh in coverage

He’s worth around 10 mil a year on a new contract but even that is iffy

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I disagree and don't care what L.Briggs says so didn't watch the video. Just because you played the game doesn't mean everything you say is right. If i felt like doing the research i'm sure i could find some player that think Floyd can play but i don't care enough to do that. If Briggs was talking about him not living up to where he was drafted then he's right because he hasn't lived up to being picked at #9 but i do believe he's lived up to being a 1st round pick, just one that should of been taken later in the 1st round is all.

I think Floyd played well last year especially in the 2nd half but does he still need to get more sacks? Of course he does, especially if he wants a nice new contract after this year from us or another team. I'm not sure it will be us giving him that new contract either way with what we're already paying K.Mack. Looking for my guy Chuck Harris to shock the world this year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Well said and he definitely ain't no #1 OLB and hasn't really had a legit guy playing opposite of him until last year but he's a good #2 especially when he can stay healthy for a full year.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
If Briggs was talking about him not living up to where he was drafted then he's right because he hasn't lived up to being picked at #9 but i do believe he's lived up to being a 1st round pick, just one that should of been taken later in the 1st round is all.

Interesting point. Floyd hasn't performed better than any of the guys taken #1-#8, and in nearly every case Floyd has been clearly outperformed by those guys. That said, Floyd's Career AV total places him tied for 20th highest in his draft class, which would equate to a lower 1st round pick.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree and don't care what L.Briggs says so didn't watch the video. Just because you played the game doesn't mean everything you say is right. If i felt like doing the research i'm sure i could find some player that think Floyd can play but i don't care enough to do that. If Briggs was talking about him not living up to where he was drafted then he's right because he hasn't lived up to being picked at #9 but i do believe he's lived up to being a 1st round pick, just one that should of been taken later in the 1st round is all.

I think Floyd played well last year especially in the 2nd half but does he still need to get more sacks? Of course he does, especially if he wants a nice new contract after this year from us or another team. I'm not sure it will be us giving him that new contract either way with what we're already paying K.Mack. Looking for my guy Chuck Harris to shock the world this year.

lol...I think I'll listen to what the seven time probowl linebacker thinks about another LB.