Bears tried to trade up for Ridley

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I heard Rapoport mention this in passing. That would have been crazy since he's a Bears fan and wanted to come here

AussieBear

pace learned from last years fleecing and wouldn't come off enough dis years.. ridley would have been great in dis offense.. but hopefully pace lucks out with miller... even when he b fucked it up as usual

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I am sure Pace & company made a LOT of inquiries to a lot of teams. Working the draft. Nothing to see here.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I am sure Pace & company made a LOT of inquiries to a lot of teams. Working the draft. Nothing to see here.

he was just working the draft to possibly trade up for players he didnt really want?

wtf?

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
since ridley is such a BEARS fan and his best bud is eddie jackson. anyone think ridley may end up here, maybe sooner then later? maybe act up in atlanta or something lol. 1 can only hope i guess haha

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
he was just working the draft to possibly trade up for players he didnt really want?

wtf?

Not sure how you came to that conclusion at all. Seriously how?
Obviously you are interested in a player if you are making an inquiry.

And by saying he made (a lot) of inquiries means he was [interested] in a lot of players.
Just like I think it's safe to say Pace made inquiries about moving up for Chubb.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think the falcons were mad we took 1 of their burners in the off season, lol. that's why they took the guy who wanted to be here. guess they returned the favor lol.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
i think the falcons were mad we took 1 of their burners in the off season, lol. that's why they took the guy who wanted to be here. guess they returned the favor lol.

How many “lol”s can you fit in one post?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Not sure how you came to that conclusion at all. Seriously how?
Obviously you are interested in a player if you are making an inquiry.

And by saying he made (a lot) of inquiries means he was [interested] in a lot of players.
Just like I think it's safe to say Pace made inquiries about moving up for Chubb.

because you said he was just working the draft and that there was nothing to see, as if it was just for the hell of it. as if he was interested in every player available.

i highly doubt he was willing to trade up for more than a player or 2 in the first.

he clearly wanted ridley, so there was something to see. rapoport is actually pretty in tune with nfl teams and gets legit info.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be perfectly honest I am happier we got Miller than Ridley. That isn't a dig at Calvin because he's a good player and frankly he landed on the perfect team to ball out his rookie season. I just feel like a couple of receivers from this draft class are going to end up being better than Ridley this season. I won't go as far as to say Miller will be one of those because frankly I view this as another spread the ball around offense much like the Eagles did with their squad. Bottom line, Miller is a great fit in Chicago much like Ridley is a great fit in Atlanta.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many “lol”s can you fit in one post?

Well, lol, probably allot, but were only 2 in that post. anyways, aren't you a litlle happy, maybe a bit giddy, or overly excited, even perhaps, pleasantly surprised? "comeon man" we have 1 heck of a football team now. i'm excited. very happy, and i am shareing it with you ;) lol. don't worry be happy lol, after all, laughter is the best medicine :D

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't have minded it if the Bears traded back in the first round to get an extra pick or two and then later on trade to get back into the first round. Trading back from 8 and picking someone like Tremaine Edmunds, trading up for Ridley (next years second and a pick from the trade down) and staying put to get James Daniels.

Calvin Ridley was one of my favorite players in the draft but Anthony Miller is good too. I'm happy with this draft.