Bears vs. Bills Thoughts

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's be honest - at the end of the day, this forum is a mess. It's a joke really.

Every thread consists of 5 pages. Of those 5 pages, 2 or 3 posts actually contain something relating for football. The other posts are either people posting stupid high school bullshit or 'funny' stuff that isn't funny and lame GIFs. I honestly think a good number of the people on this forum have a folder on their laptops called 'Cool GIFs for the Bears Forum' and when the opportunity presents itself - BAM! Upload unfunny GIF! Winner winner, chicken dinner!

And in those threads you'll be bitching about non-football posts, in turn contributing to the aforementioned non-football posts. See how that works?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
bam-retro-tattoo-1.png

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My thoughts about yesterday's game:

1. Offensive injuries hurt us badly. A gimpy BMarsh and a missing Alshon (not to mention our #3 being on IR designated to return) will gimp us. 2 starting oline guys were out.
2. Despite those injuries, we still moved the ball pretty well and provided decent protection.
3. Mistakes were made (2 INTs, fumble, penaties, etc.) yet we still should have won and could have won the game.
4. Run defense looked better except for a few big runs. This was against one of the best rushing teams in the NFL .
5. If we are going to lose, I'd rather it be against an AFC team.
6. First game of the season, we can make adjustments and get better from here.

I'm remaining optimistic and hopeful. Until I see a trend this season, I'm sticking with my 10-6 prediction. We just have to get hot and get in a groove on offense.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
us moving the ball well no longer impresses me when you're holding your breath all the time for the next Cutler interception. His mechanics were horrible, his decisions equally as horrible. Injuries to the Oline and playing a good Dline don't help those two things.

Cutler gives you no confidence that he can calm things down and get things back on track, he's got to get a grip

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
us moving the ball well no longer impresses me when you're holding your breath all the time for the next Cutler interception. His mechanics were horrible, his decisions equally as horrible. Injuries to the Oline and playing a good Dline don't help those two things.

Cutler gives you no confidence that he can calm things down and get things back on track, he's got to get a grip

I guess I disagree with you. He had 1 boneheaded INT yesterday and the rest of the time looks pretty darn good IMO. Forte dropped a ball that was right in his hands (tough catch for an RB but a really good throw). Spurlock dropped a ton of balls and Holmes doesn't know how to keep his footing on the swampy bog that is Soldier Field. Also Holmes doesn't know the offense yet. That is why he just runs a slant all the time (practically).

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Cutler on a roll out can't pick up one yard, and instead throws an INT ... to a DEFENSIVE LINEMAN?!
When he threw the ball he was still 5-6 yards from the line and it was no gimme.

Was today really the day to still be experimenting out there on the offense? Shouldn't most of these experiments have been run in the Preseason?
Trestman's preseason mistake is not wanting to show too much, thus we did not really experiment too much in PS games

Flea Flicker? ... Really? It's not that we ran a flea flicker, just that we ran it so poorly. And that's not how you draw up a flea flicker!
I think coaches on both sides of the ball had a bit of an off day today.

Jennings in the Slot? Uhm ... no. My eyes are bleeding.
I can give it more time, he will be fine
Briggs. Does he realize he can't keep up any longer and has now resorted to gambling about half the time in hopes of still making a few great plays?! Because if so, someone should remind him that he doesn't have a young Urlacher beside him any longer to cover up for those blown assignments.
Briggs is old and uninterested. He needs to see the bench

Cutler. How can one guy play so well 90% of the time and then lose it the rest?
WE all get frustrated but many QB's are like that. It is what it is.

Ola played beyond my expectations.

We didn't have a single 3 and out today. Closest we had was in overtime. A 4 play drive. The Bears stopped the Bears Offense today.

Every one of our turnovers led to points. 21 total yards in the first half got the Bills 10 of their 17 first half points.

Synergy. Our Defense doesn't have it. Coverage and Gap Control are just two of the things where your defenders need to be working in harmony. Our Defense sounds more like someone torturing a cat.
Did WE EVER hear about gap control issues during the Lovie era? Not once that I can recall.

Paging DJ Williams. Final call for D. J. WILLIAMS.
He was there in the 1st quarter

1 Sack, 2 QB Hits. Our DLine looked a little better out there today than last year, but that's not showing up enough. Against THAT Oline?

The Vikings are leading the division. This world is screwed up.

At least we're not the biggest talk of the town, thanks to the Patriots getting spanked by the Dolphins.

Until next week! lol

Festivus

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any QB can throw to a WR, but it takes skill to be able to throw it to a WR, and in mid air change the flight path to hit a defender and have the ball go into another WR hands.

Skill

tricky5544

Liked Posts:
I thought the turning point of the game was the second drive for the Bears. We drove right down their throats and scored with ease on the first drive. Then on the second we try a flea flicker and a bubble wr screen. Why the gimmicks, we beat ourselves. If Trestman just called regular straight football calls and we scored a again, we would have had the Bills Def worried, but nope we instead help them beat us.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO Cutler needs to start jumping backwards on his passes more. Create more zip on them.

/Ike