Bears vs Vikings Post Game Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I guess that is true because, if not, the ball would stay in the air which might be considered an interception.

But it wasn't gravity because the ball never hit the ground. The defender stripped the ball and took it out of Fortes hand. So the only force on the play was the from the defender.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Locker Room Buzz: Chicago Bears

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4685907/locker-room-buzz-chicago-bears-2

Still fully dressed in uniform nearly an hour after players had already left, rookie Kyle Long sat at his locker trying to describe the team’s roller-coaster ride of a game. He compared it to being ill. “You have a certain number of symptoms,” Long said. “We had our diarrhea. We had stomachache, nausea; all that kind of stuff. Then in the fourth quarter, we started feeling better.”

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Back from the Game, wow had to be the Craziest Game I have seen , little to much drama form me.

My Bro and I were talking on the way in to Soldier thinking the Bears would win by 7 or less. Div game always Tough.

BDCB

:•)
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Back from the Game, wow had to be the Craziest Game I have seen , little to much drama form me.

My Bro and I were talking on the way in to Soldier thinking the Bears would win by 7 or less. Div game always Tough.

What a great game to have been at though, that's a cool memory. Any good pics?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
-Special teams was an absolute embarass want despite the huge returns. Kick return TD, Too many men, Weems spaz out that could have killed us.

-Still waiting for Peppers and Melton to do something to earn the 23 million they are making.

-Cutler had some bad moments but when we needed him he was there in a big way.

-1 sack in 2 games against elite pass rushes.

-I thought the offensive play calling was really good. The Vikings looked confused. Cutler should have tossed the red zone pick away thy sniffed out the play action.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
-Special teams was an absolute embarass want despite the huge returns. Kick return TD, Too many men, Weems spaz out that could have killed us.

-Still waiting for Peppers and Melton to do something to earn the 23 million they are making.

-I thought the offensive play calling was really good. The Vikings looked confused. Cutler should have tossed the red zone pick away thy sniffed out the play action.
to be honest, I kind of expected Peppers to take step back, but where the fuck is Melton???

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:

Weems did not spaz out. It was a smart play by him by knowing the rule. No matter what happened it would of been a touchback.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Weems did not spaz out. It was a smart play by him by knowing the rule. No matter what happened it would of been a touchback.

If it was recovered in the end zone it would have been a Vikings TD.

As soon as Weems touches the ball it is a live ball on a punt, no different than if it hit a player in the air or was dropped by the returner.

We are just lucky that it was knocked out of the end zone.

It was a stupid risk.

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:

As soon as Weems touches the ball it is a live ball.

No it would not of been. Any other time the ball going out the back it is a safety. Read the thread about it it explains it all. Since the kicking team touching the ball first is illegal touching.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No it would not of been. Any other time the ball going out the back it is a safety. Read the thread about it it explains it all. Since the kicking team touching the ball first is illegal touching.

Didn't Weems touch it first?

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

As soon as Weems touches the ball it is a live ball on a punt, no different than if it hit a player in the air or was dropped by the returner.

It was a stupid risk.

As soon as a player from the punting team touches the ball on a punt the receiving team can tough the ball with no risk whatsoever. Weems could have fielded the ball ran backwards into the endzone and handed it to a Minnesota defender and it wouldn't have mattered.