Bears vs Vikings Post Game Thread

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Actually, if you do the vectors on the coefficient of drag from the wind, the coefficient of friction from running on the ground, the forces of in-elastic collisions and the gravitational pull of both the mass of the earth and the mass of the defenders, you determine that physics caused every fumble.
Lol!
Where were you when NIST needed a good ass pounding?
Costanza's play was so "back at cha" after Forte got stripped, it was awesome to seal the win like that at the end, but for the 2nd straight game Cutler and the offense made amends, and came back and pulled it out...

Nick80

On the topic of those players and contracts - isn't a large percentage of this roster on a 1 year deal or in a 'contract' year?

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol!
Where were you when NIST needed a good ass pounding?
Costanza's play was so "back at cha" after Forte got stripped, it was awesome to seal the win like that at the end, but for the 2nd straight game Cutler and the offense made amends, and came back and pulled it out...

LOL!

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler's press conference is telling. He really is talking about what happened on each play. He is really opening up. PAY THE MAN!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
if he did why was Cutler throwing it right to where he was?

don't buy it. it was on Cutler.

Again, Marshall should have stopped and tried to get the ball at the highest point instead of continuing to run and letting Smtih under cut without a challenge. He is 6-5 and has to use that size.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I didn't realize Forte had 11 receptions in the game. I knew he had quite a few, but 11 is a ton. Good to see him get involved in the passing game.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm very concerned about the dline. Was Marinelli really that important to Melton and Peppers? Peanut and Jenning's jobs wouls be much easier if the dline even tried out there. 2 weeks in a row the dline has been shit

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Anyone catch the end of the Bills game? Holy shitttt. Rivera can't close a game. Great drive by Manuel though.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Usually it is but not in that situation. You are throwing the ball while you are like 7-10 yards behind the los and trying to get it maybe 3 or 4 yards past the line of scrimmage. That makes a tip more likely. If he were throwing to the back of the end zone would agree with you but it was pretty much right in the middle of the end zone after having backed up too far in his pass drop.

Regardless, when you wind up to throw it you can't know it was going to be tipped. Now, like I said they didn't show the all 22 look so it's hard to tell how tight the window he was throwing into was and maybe it was cutler trying to do what he has in the past. If so I agree it was a poor choice. But, I don't think it's fair to put the tipped pass at the line pick on him.

But like I said, to me that was poor play calling. It was first down and you'd been running the ball well. If you run there you can still throw on 2nd or 3rd down.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well according to Marshall's post game comments Cutler was coached by Kromer to make that check to the middle on that particular play... Not a fan of the play call. The way they were running it down their throats no need to go play action. Classic case of out thinking yourself. Didn't need to get cute there. Oh well.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Oh shit, black unicorn at the podium lol

Darkman

Liked Posts:
I like Manuel, A LOT. He has a lot of poise.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Regardless, when you wind up to throw it you can't know it was going to be tipped. Now, like I said they didn't show the all 22 look so it's hard to tell how tight the window he was throwing into was and maybe it was cutler trying to do what he has in the past. If so I agree it was a poor choice. But, I don't think it's fair to put the tipped pass at the line pick on him.

But like I said, to me that was poor play calling. It was first down and you'd been running the ball well. If you run there you can still throw on 2nd or 3rd down.

To me it was a bad play call and a bad decision. To me the window look too tight to take that risk on 1st and goal but sure if I see a replay that suggest he had a bigger window than what I initially saw then will revise my opinion.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
About ten of us watched the game together and all the Forte shirts were removed when he fumbled. When we moved to getting our TE and WRs involved in the O rather than Forte we started to move the ball.