My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Ben Braunecker. Remember the name...:smug2:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He is pretty much unstoppable for the games he plays and Shaheen would do well by playing some division 1 football games to start to get ready for the nfl. Why noit give us a few good games before Miller is put back on IR?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Id take anything for him. Even a conditional pick. It's not like he's teaching them anything besides "how to end up on IR."

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
No denying he can be productive, but...

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ben Braunecker. Remember the name...:smug2:

I don't understand Pace's play on TE's. It seems as if we have several young promising TE's, but zero talent in the pipeline at WR.

Brown (he actually played well last year in his snaps)
Braunecker
Shaheen
Sims

Where the hell do they all fit?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He has some trade value because he makes no money. I think he would be a 1 million dollar cap hit.

You are not going to find someone as good as him for 1 million in salary.

I am not sure how I would feel about trading him. We have young QBs so trading somewhat established weapons seems weird, but I also want like 14 picks for next season. I would do it for a 5th.

I would do it all day for a 5th round pick. Z.Miller doesn't get the credit he's earned for how good he is when he is healthy. He's a really good pass catching TE when healthy which going by his avg's of 52 catches for 592 yds and 4 TD's over 2 years. That's good TE numbers especially when you look at the QB's he's had to deal with over those two years.

We can afford trading him since we're rebuilding and we have what could be a really good pass catching TE for us in Shaheen and a really good blocking TE in Simms who can also be a good red zone TE and i really like D.Brown who has great hands and speed.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Since he is getting older, if the Bears can get something for him, I'm for it.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Remember, Miller suffered season ending injuries before the season even started 3 years in a row!!!

If there's any value for him now then Pace needs to do what it takes to trade him even for a 7th rounder because Miller's value could very easily drop to zero with another injury in the pre-season. Better to get a little something than nothing.

Miller simply doesn't fit with the future plans, and I'd even argue the short term as well. Shaheen and Brown can take all of his offensive sets without missing a beat. He's expendable.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brauckner was flat out garbage in his play last year. Brown was a pleasant surprise and I'm interested to see if he continues to excel.

I would not cut Miller and I don't think he will bring anything back in a trade but if the Bears goal is to lose as many games as possible and secure a top 5 pick again for the rebuild then I can see the point in dumping Miller. I'm sure John Fox must be pleased with this last draft :lol:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just keep him. I don't understand where the Bears are going to get all the pieces they'll need to give Mitch a chance to succeed in this league anytime soon

Pace is the kind of overconfident idiot who doesn't even wait to see what he has until training camp.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pace is the kind of overconfident idiot who doesn't even wait to see what he has until training camp.

Miller is usually dead by the time they're even donning shells at TC, dorkchop.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
No team is going to give us anything for a guy we're probably going to cut.

Jerry Angelo and Gaines Adams (RIP) disagree, clearly worth a 2nd round pick.

baredown

Liked Posts:
I don't understand Pace's play on TE's. It seems as if we have several young promising TE's, but zero talent in the pipeline at WR.

Brown (he actually played well last year in his snaps)
Braunecker
Shaheen
Sims

Where the hell do they all fit?

Also forgetting about Mycole Pruitt, who the Bears poached off the Vikings PS toward the end of the season. Pruitt was a Vikings 2015 5th round draft choice that the Bears apparently had interest in drafting as well. He's going to be on at least equal footing with the UDFA guys (Braunecker & Brown) going into training camp.

Miller sounds like this year's version of Slauson, an Emery guy that was OK to keep around until Pace/Fox got the TE-types they wanted, then it was time to cut him loose. Like Slauson, he probably has zero trade value this time of year, especially if its pretty obvious he doesn't fit into the Bears plans and will likely be released. I don't see him making it to training camp. Time to move on for both him and the Bears...

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Honestly, maybe a 6th round pick from a contending team that wants the contract.

You normally are well spoken and well thought out.

"normally".

The Bears let Miller walk to FA last year when he was relatively "healthy". And no one even sniffed him. The only reason we put our tails btween our legs and took him back is because we were dumping Bennett.

No one wanted him for free. Now, he's a year older and coming off IR and you thin we'd get a 6th rounder???

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like Miller's ability to catch the ball. It is a valuable thing for a receiver is it not? They don't really have a lot of folks on this team who can catch the ball.