Bears working on deal with Teddy Bridgewater, ATL radio guys says

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pro Football Talk and Brad Biggs have joined the party.

mbison

Liked Posts:
Where are all the dumb ass people claiming the Bears organizations is racist because they picked Mitch over Watson now?!?!

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
This is the same guy who tweeted the derek carr stuff. Lets hold off until its an actual source

2nd source, slightly more credible...

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/bears-reportedly-contract-negotiations-teddy-bridgewater
A Bridgewater signing would end the Mitch Trubisky era in Chicago and provide the Bears with the kind of safe and predictable starter that the offense desperately needs

The big question that remains is how much the Bears willing to pay him. According to Pro Football Talk, it's a deal that will approach or exceed $21 million per year. Considering the current quarterback economy, that'd be a win for Chicago.

Last edited:

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:

So you think Trubisky would be better if we got him some OL help? Well.. sure. But with Teddy, you are looking at an immobile QB that takes his time getting rid of the ball. We are probably going to have have to trade for a left tackle or spend some huge money on OL. You cannot have a slow pocket passer on this team.

The Bears are doing the same thing they always do. Go after these QB's with about 1-3 years or less experience that have been below average, but maybe show some signs of life in a small stretch of games or preseason then hope he comes here and improves. We are getting 200 yards a game, 88 rating, that generally operates low scoring games. That is who he is. So he has to take this proverbial next step to work out.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i'm working on possibly boning Ivanka, she doesn't know it yet tho
Tell her it the new corona test. She'll probably fall for it, literally.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This could very well be one speculation being compounded by multiple outlets. Patience is a virtue when a fan in FA.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
well this died quickly...now they want to trade for Foles?....that would be horrible as well...

lots of shit rumors flying around

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm pro Teddy. He has the highest ceiling of all FA QBs. Even if you don't believe he can keep improving post injury, you have to be happy Bears recognize they need move on from Trubisky.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
jesus, people will believe anything.....this isn't happening and mitch will be the starter next year

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
Where are all the dumb ass people claiming the Bears organizations is racist because they picked Mitch over Watson now?!?!
probably sitting around waiting to pounce on a dalton or foles trade cuz bridgewater aint gonna happen

Quik_7_Devin

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nick Foles please

If the Bears are going to use their cap on QB, might as well get compensated in the process. Jags will likely give up a pick similar to the Osweiler trade, as they want to build around Minshew. On top of that Foles has experience in this system and relationships with the coaches. last but not least, Foles is a proven winner when it matters most, and at 31 y/o is a solid bridge QB before Nagy gets his guy.

If im Pace and pull off this Foles trade, I also deal away Mitch and sign Nick's buddy Keenum (saves a few mil?) , then draft a mid rd qb.

I'm also not opposed to giving Mitch another shot, but the OL must be upgraded.