Ben Gordon on Waddle and Silvy

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Ben Gordon appeared on the Waddle and Silvy show on ESPN 1000 today, to talk about him becoming a Detroit Piston. Here is a recap of what he had to say.

* He is happy about the situation he’s going into. Joe Dumars is really focused on winning and his priority is winning a championship. That’s also Ben’s main goal as a player.
* He first knew he was going to sign with the Pistons right after he met with Dumars. Dumars exuded winning, and everything he talked about was building a team to win a championship. Dumars convinced Ben pretty easily to sign, and it was a no brainer to sign with the Pistons.
* The Bulls didn’t pursue him at all, they didn’t even make an offer. It was pretty much a one team race.
* On whether the Bulls were lying when they said it was a top priority to re-sign him, Ben said that it is what it is. There was no offer made. You have to put it together.
* He felt that he always got a lot of love and respect from the fans that really followed the games. When walking down the street, people always showed him love.

http://dabullz.com/2009/07/02/ben-gordon-on-waddle-and-silvy-recap-july-2nd-2009/

cool007

Liked Posts:
I will miss this guy. He is one of the best professional in the league today.

I wish him all the best and hope he becomes an all-star and throws everything in our Management face.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
cool007 wrote:
I will miss this guy. He is one of the best professional in the league today.

I wish him all the best and hope he becomes an all-star and throws everything in our Management face.

On the bright side, this situation might be enough to finally get management to change their ways. This is going to really blow up in their face. I think Gordon is probably an allstar within the next few years, and the Bulls are lottery bound next season.

I just don't understand how the Bulls organization ended up paying all of members of the old core, expect the best one.

Why take Gordon with the #3 pick if all you are going to do is disrespect the guy and complain about him being too short. That could have been Al Jefferson or Andre Iguodala.

I knew there was a strong possibility of Gordon leaving in free agency. But I just didn't think it would happen like this. I thought it would be Gordon choosing another team over the Bulls. I didn't think the Bulls front office would be dumb enough not to offer the guy a contract, and then not offer to match when his agent calls giving them that opportunity after getting another team's offer.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
did BG like send JR a bottle of piss or something in his rookie year??? how did JR hate him that much???

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
John Salley was on Waddle and Silvy yesterday...

He said that Rose will not reach full potential with Gordon on the team. Nothing against Gordon, but Rose has to have the ball and must take his shots and make his mistakes.

He then used as an example Reggie Theus. Theus was actually an all-star and the team's best player. When Jordan came, the coach sat Theus down. How could they do that to a two time all star?

If it happened to Reggie Theus, why not Ben Gordon? Its all about DRose.

cranscape

Liked Posts:
Does anyone think Salmons will give Rose the ball as a SG? Really? Salmons. The guy who passed less than BG.

Am I the only one happy with Rose's rookie season? Just where did BG hurt Rose? Rose had a great season, lots of highlights, and numerous 20pt games all with BG at his side. Rose is good enough to shine and grow with other talent around him. No point in taking away another good player (and getting nothing back on top of that) just to get rid of Rose's competition. That is like saying Rose isn't good enough to take over a good team. He is only good enough to take over a team after all the good players are removed. Woo! Noah better watch himself. He might be next.

I'd rather Rose had taken over the team and had an elite scored in his arsenal. I guess I am the only one who thinks Rose could handle it himself. If Rose was not very good last year I'd say they had time to clear out players and wait for Rose to grow up. Rose is already there though. Now they've just lost a good player to play with him and kept the two mediocre parts of "the core".

I am tired of everyone thinking the way it happened for MJ is the blueprint for Rose. If they truly believed in the MJ blueprint then Kirk and Deng must go now too.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
John Salley was on Waddle and Silvy yesterday...

He said that Rose will not reach full potential with Gordon on the team. Nothing against Gordon, but Rose has to have the ball and must take his shots and make his mistakes.

He then used as an example Reggie Theus. Theus was actually an all-star and the team's best player. When Jordan came, the coach sat Theus down. How could they do that to a two time all star?

If it happened to Reggie Theus, why not Ben Gordon? Its all about DRose.

Well if John Salley says it, then well, that's the final say on the subject matter.

This is the one of the worst posts I've ever read, because nothing is based on fact. Reggie Theus was never on the Bulls with Michael Jordan. Reggie Theus was traded from the Bulls half way through the 1983-1984 NBA season.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Reggie Theus was never on the Bulls with Michael Jordan. Reggie Theus was traded from the Bulls half way through the 1983-1984 NBA season.

That was just told to me after I posted. My mistake.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Go away Ben, I dont want to hear from you. Your a Piston now, no need to talk about my bulls.